• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr tan cheng bok- a decent ex pap mp

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly. He is the most dangerous person to cross paths with. Anybody wittingly or unwittingly who does that risks losing his job, faces a bleak future, and even yr friends treat you like a leper due to his invisible hand. Hence the allusion to a biased judiciary and court trials here. Nobody wins except him, always, such as to strain credibility. He gloats that you are in awe or fear of him. His view: he prefers to be feared than loved; if he was not feared, he is useless. Now as he has descended the throne, people have more courage to lampoon, to mock, to ridicule him openly except the SPH.

It was this fear that most people refer to, not about the secrecy of the vote.

And yes, get out of line and Old man will brow beat you.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until the late 1980s, Ama Keng was mainly smallholding farms on the west side of Singapore in Lim Chu Kang. The place is isolated and entry is by dirt track. There is village there called Ama Keng with s small chinese school, few shops and a clinic run by Tan Cheng Bock. The farmers work really hard mainly in market gardening. As the younger generation did not want to do farming, mostly older folks.

Because of his demeanour and kindness, within a few years he was considered a god. Even the authorities consult him before demolishing anything. Forget about the Police and courts, any problem, can rely on Chief Justice Tan Cheng Bock. So much so that the area had no problems, no crime etc.

What puzzled me for years is that the story of Ama Keng and its God never appeared in the press.

ps.The people there were the most decent that I ever met.

When they were resettled due to land acquired for redevelopment in late 1980s, most were placed in Jurong West and his clinic too moved there to.
Sorry but can you guys elaborate on the Ama Keng story to the noob here? Thank you!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is exactly his formula.

Here is something that will tell you the character of this man. He called the husband of Marshall's confidential secretary to old Thomson Rd one night. He asked the hubby about Marshall's details hoping that she would have shared some secrets with her husband. The husband told that his wife did not share anything. A few years later when he formed Govt, probably out of embarrassment, he offered the husband a senior position in Govt. The guy's daughter eventually ended on the high court bench and sits there till today.

This is the same guy who is claiming moral authority and boast about corrupt free Singapore. That incident was so etched on my mind I remember that the meeting at that isolated place occurred at 10pm.

His view: he prefers to be feared than loved; if he was not feared, he is useless. .

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
It appears the musings on CCS being a psychopath is misplaced. We already have a psychopath in the old man. He actually enjoys "killing" people and inflicting fear on a mass scale. Sighs.... Counting down the days.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
in SG

To be respected by the Peasant Local Trash,

You need to wayang and criticize the authority
You don't need to contribute in real and visible ways :eek:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is exactly his formula.

Here is something that will tell you the character of this man. He called the husband of Marshall's confidential secretary to old Thomson Rd one night. He asked the hubby about Marshall's details hoping that she would have shared some secrets with her husband. The husband told that his wife did not share anything. A few years later when he formed Govt, probably out of embarrassment, he offered the husband a senior position in Govt. The guy's daughter eventually ended on the high court bench and sits there till today.

This is the same guy who is claiming moral authority and boast about corrupt free Singapore. That incident was so etched on my mind I remember that the meeting at that isolated place occurred at 10pm.

Had I pushed you too far?

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's nothing on his website. If Dr Tan decides to run, the people would like to know what he brings to the table. Last time we want is another prataman.

Our government like to balance the racial quotas... So I guess they will want a Malay to be President this time round...

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan CHeng Bok is one of the not many PAP MPs I have regard.

I remembered vividly in one parliamentary meeting he raised doubts and concerns on importation of foreigners.That OLD Dog immediately jumped onto his feet and told Dr Tan,in his dictatorial tone,"YOU KNOW BETTER OR I KNOW BETTER"
Dr Tan obviously saw the futility to continue the debate.Dr Tan,like many Singaporeans in their heart of heart,is simply pissed off with such arrogance.That OLD DOG just simply cannot take criticism nor accept counsel.

Coming back to Dr Tan CHeng Bok,he recently asked a good question ,why the need for a name change for the work-in-progress Jurong Hospital to that of a late property tycoon whose family,I appreciate,are paying back to societyBut the point is Jurong Hospital is already being built on tax-payees money

For those who donot already know,Dr Tan CHeng Bok attended the REFORM PARTY political rally for WEST COAST GRC on the night of 5th May 2011 at the Clementi Stadium.As he walked slowly up the stadium steps between 7.30pm and8.00pm, he was handshaked by a couple of spectators and took a seat among ordinary folks,where he knew he rightfully belonged.Never before have I seen a PAP MP openly allowed himself to be seen in opposition party political rally

Most important question, Is he currently drawing a Pension?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our government like to balance the racial quotas... So I guess they will want a Malay to be President this time round...

Appointed Presidents
Yusof bin Ishak - 2 terms
Benjamin Henry Sheares - 2 terms
Devan Nair - 1 term
Wee Kim Wee - 1 term

Elected Presidents
Ong Teng Cheong - 1 term
S.R. Nathan - 2 terms

Prataman took over the turn of a Malay president during his second term. So back to a chinese president now.

Last edited:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forget the eruasian turn. Now is eurasian turn.

Appointed Presidents
Yusof bin Ishak - 2 terms
Benjamin Henry Sheares - 2 terms
Devan Nair - 1 term
Wee Kim Wee - 1 term

Elected Presidents
Ong Teng Cheong - 1 term
S.R. Nathan - 2 terms

Prataman took over the turn of a Malay president during his second term. So back to a chinese president now.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You forget the eruasian turn. Now is eurasian turn.

oh great, how about this candidate then?

49935_100001685570951_7373416_n.jpg

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon enough most of the PAPs will become Ex-PAP. That is the strong trend forced by us Singaporeans. :biggrin:

The PAP is the party of the past. Party Against People is a real goner.

Share with you ppl what the good doctor Cheng Bock has to say about the PAP only just last week.

TCB: The PAP we have now... is not the same as in the old days.

Some thing to chew about.