• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Cheebye promises 4 social initiatives

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
... Imagine supporting 60,000 residents with only few people! Few can benefit only!

Pappies is run like MNC while SDP is just run on two balls of CSJ. How to compare an ant to an elephant? Residents of BB should at least give CSJ a chance to prove his two balls made of steel. Surely ah neh's balls made for him by pappies.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One question for CSJ!

Are his initiatives scalable?

Imagine supporting 60,000 residents with only few people!

Few can benefit only!

if serving is all Chee wants to do,he can do that everyday regardless whether or not he becomes MP.Just like the man who spent his savings feeding 50 people everyday for 4 years.after 18 years of attention slutting and media whoring what has he accomplished?how has he actually helped society and changed the world?nothing.i admire people who goes out and do things that has a concrete impact on the world without announcing it to anybody.like chuck feeney who made and gave away over 7 billion,who used his financial muscle and might to help develop and educate his native country and lift it out of poverty,to stop a civil war and make peace and fight poverty and diseases in asia and africa.at the end of the day DR chee is just another gladhanding politician,shaking freaks and leprosy and sclerosis patients hands,useful or not thats up to u to decide.......talks all day long about helping people and all that but in the end produces nothing but hot air for the past decade......just like LKY another worthless politician ex lawyer whose only good at talking and bamboozling others and taking credit for other people's achievements like economist Albert Winsemius,people of actual value and worth to society.Singapore only had one albert winsemius a true visionary,that in my mind is more valuable than a hundred LKYs and his worthless son and offsprings.

[video=youtube;OMcjxe8slYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcjxe8slYI[/video]

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All politics is local but Over emphasize on local issues will not give csj the edge as he got limited resources to compete with pap on this. What he needs to do here is to assure the residents that everything will function as normal, the rubbish will still be cleared, streets sweep. Legal clinic, health clinic, trust funds and whatever initiatives are basically value added and good to have. He need not promise the sky to match what pap offers instead be frank to the voters what he can do and what he can't due to his constrains. Voters in general appreciates honesty and sincerity.

What he can't do on local level, he can certainly make up for what he can do on national level. Like what national issues he is going to champion, cost of living, HDB, transport etc. in short the ratio of national - local issue for his campaign should be 70-30.

so u are saying if people vote for SDP,the best they can hope for is status quo.hope Chee doesnt fuck things up?vote for mediocrity?if you are mediocre on a local level,how can you hope to be anything but mediocre on a national level?its like i buy a new smartphone and hope its the same as my old one and nothing gets fucked up,like when u upgrade windows......the only people stupid enough to do that are apple iphone users,pay more for the same old shit.luckily i boycott anything apple.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reminds me of PAP's attempts to capture Hougang after Yaw Shin Leong's resignation. They also came out with all these ancillary services. Even Subash Anandan volunteered to offer free legal her if PAP won.

By the way Chee mentions that he cannot name the lawyers for ethical reasons. Thats pure BS. PAP mentioned Subash for Hougang. This is only worsens his limited credibility. Just say that he want to setup the legal clinic.

Why would he tap the loser Tan Kin Lian who lost his deposit despite starting first, campaigning for nearly year and offering everything under the sun.

He should at least raise issues on PAP conduct, the death of 8 patients, PA budget and resources abused. He should state to the residents what things he is keen to ask the PAP and the Government when he enters Parliament. So far it all about welfare, food packages and feel-good.

This is poor planning and short of tactics. I think he does not know how to moderate his confrontational style. No Opposition candidates or parties focused so much on resident welfare. The hot topics that they raised are - high cost of HDB flats, jobs, cost of medical care, role of PA, etc.

I disagree with you. Dr Chee is singing what the people want to hear. Time and time again it has worked well with the PAPpies. If sinkies give a shit about those hot topics you mentioned, PAPpies would not have improved on their vote counts in the last GE. You seriously think sinkies give a shit about the death of 8 pax whom they have no relation with?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so u are saying if people vote for SDP,the best they can hope for is status quo.hope Chee doesnt fuck things up?vote for mediocrity?if you are mediocre on a local level,how can you hope to be anything but mediocre on a national level?its like i buy a new smartphone and hope its the same as my old one and nothing gets fucked up,like when u upgrade windows......the only people stupid enough to do that are apple iphone users,pay more for the same old shit.luckily i boycott anything apple.

If people vote for SDP, they will get a lameduck MP who promised the heavens but will deliver nothing. You think we in the grassroots, RCs and CCCs will work with Chee? You think we will approve CCC funds to be used for Chee's asset enhancement proposals?

We will make Bukit Batok become another Hougang SMC, until the residents of Bukit Batok will go on their knees like the folks at Potong Pasir, crying that enough is enough, and they will meekly vote for PAP in the next elections.

Fuck Chee! Vote Murali!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee got money for all these initiatives? Human Rights Watch and the Amos Yee Lovers-Amnesty International paying him?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP's main focus seems to be running the town council. The question the resident has to ask is if the present Town Council is broken? Is it impeding their work, the lifestyle and their home environment. I expect for the majority the toilets work, the rubbish chutes are cleared, the area is washed according to a rostered timetable etc. What about Bukit Batok's Town Council' management of finances etc. Any complaints. So is the town council a major concern of the residents.

I do understand the residents need to be assured that whoever takes over can run the town council but it should not be the focus.

Like you said, there are so many issues that need to be highlighted and many are national. I am sure for instance that residents of Bukit Batok must be sick of hearing the excuses of SMRT and their frequent breakdown.

Retrenchment Insurance proposal is great but you would need to help the residents make the link to people losing their jobs due to this Government poor handling of issues. How Singaporeans tend to lose their jobs to cheaper foreign employees. These are the things that would make the residents hot under the collar.

All politics is local but Over emphasize on local issues will not give csj the edge as he got limited resources to compete with pap on this. What he needs to do here is to assure the residents that everything will function as normal, the rubbish will still be cleared, streets sweep. Legal clinic, health clinic, trust funds and whatever initiatives are basically value added and good to have. He need not promise the sky to match what pap offers instead be frank to the voters what he can do and what he can't due to his constrains. Voters in general appreciates honesty and sincerity.

What he can't do on local level, he can certainly make up for what he can do on national level. Like what national issues he is going to champion, cost of living, HDB, transport etc. in short the ratio of national - local issue for his campaign should be 70-30.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would the residents want a change if there are no issues. If Chee does not want to address the issues but want to improve their lives of the residents, how is he going to do it as he has no budget, no resources etc. As far as I know the Town Council is not broken. Unless you are 10 year old kid, you will know that an MP can hardly do anything. In fact in a opposition ward, the PA advisor holds on to the purse strings.

I disagree with you. Dr Chee is singing what the people want to hear. Time and time again it has worked well with the PAPpies. If sinkies give a shit about those hot topics you mentioned, PAPpies would not have improved on their vote counts in the last GE. You seriously think sinkies give a shit about the death of 8 pax whom they have no relation with?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee should tell the voters that he will be a true voice for sinkees in Parliament. He will speak for sinkees as the current bunch of WP morons don't dare to speak for the people.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP's main focus seems to be running the town council. The question the resident has to ask is if the present Town Council is broken? Is it impeding their work, the lifestyle and their home environment. I expect for the majority the toilets work, the rubbish chutes are cleared, the area is washed according to a rostered timetable etc. What about Bukit Batok's Town Council' management of finances etc. Any complaints. So is the town council a major concern of the residents.

I do understand the residents need to be assured that whoever takes over can run the town council but it should not be the focus

Still abit too early to tell what the main focus of his strategy till the official campaign kicks off after nomination. He might not want to show hand at this point or it might be a decoy to mislead pap into thinking sdp is going to fight on local issue alone. But it will be a mistake for sdp to compete with pap to see who can offer bigger carrots. I do expect the emphasis to be more on national issues than local issues.
. .

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if serving is all Chee wants to do,he can do that everyday regardless whether or not he becomes MP.Just like the man who spent his savings feeding 50 people everyday for 4 years.after 18 years of attention slutting and media whoring what has he accomplished?how has he actually helped society and changed the world?nothing.i admire people who goes out and do things that has a concrete impact on the world without announcing it to anybody.like chuck feeney who made and gave away over 7 billion,who used his financial muscle and might to help develop and educate his native country and lift it out of poverty,to stop a civil war and make peace and fight poverty and diseases in asia and africa.at the end of the day DR chee is just another gladhanding politician,shaking freaks and leprosy and sclerosis patients hands,useful or not thats up to u to decide.......talks all day long about helping people and all that but in the end produces nothing but hot air for the past decade......just like LKY another worthless politician ex lawyer whose only good at talking and bamboozling others and taking credit for other people's achievements like economist Albert Winsemius,people of actual value and worth to society.Singapore only had one albert winsemius a true visionary,that in my mind is more valuable than a hundred LKYs and his worthless son and offsprings.

[video=youtube;OMcjxe8slYI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMcjxe8slYI[/video]

you made several good points. i agree with you that if someone wants ti serve, can be done in many other ways. altruistic chaps dont need the cameras. they contribute $ or energy n effort quietly. if csj wants to serve, even if he loses, he must carry on in bb and wait for next GE.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would the residents want a change if there are no issues. If Chee does not want to address the issues but want to improve their lives of the residents, how is he going to do it as he has no budget, no resources etc. As far as I know the Town Council is not broken. Unless you are 10 year old kid, you will know that an MP can hardly do anything. In fact in a opposition ward, the PA advisor holds on
to the purse strings.

agree. may be better if csj never gets into parliament. that way, some
people can continue to dream. the many what ifs give them hope. if he gets in n fails to deliver or worse, self-destruct, he will tarnish the name of the opposition. similar to the brand sdp. or worse, slow down whatever progress real opposition is making like he did in the sdp.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would the residents want a change if there are no issues. If Chee does not want to address the issues but want to improve their lives of the residents, how is he going to do it as he has no budget, no resources etc. As far as I know the Town Council is not broken. Unless you are 10 year old kid, you will know that an MP can hardly do anything. In fact in a opposition ward, the PA advisor holds on to the purse strings.

Tell me which of the issues you mentioned wasn't addressed during the last GE by various Oppies? Did it worked? If I m a 10yr old kid, you must be a 90yr old stubborn old fart sticking to the same old broken recorder repeating the same shit that sinkies are not interested to hear.

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people can continue to dream. the many what ifs give them hope. if he gets in n fails to deliver or worse, self-destruct, he will tarnish the name of the opposition. similar to the brand sdp. or worse, slow down whatever progress real opposition is making like he did in the sdp.

Real Oppo? Who? According to you CSJ and the LTK, SG of WP the only Oppo in Parliament are both pappies moles. I am looking forward to hearing from you who else are moles. And if CSJ is a mole, isn't it better for him to get into Parliament and make a fool of himself from the perspective of the ruling party? Either you are bullshitting from the start or you have no freaking idea what you are talking about.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If CSJ with his history and image can get into Parliament, a lot of other opposition will definitely be voted into Parliament too. If that time comes, we will be a lot closer to real democracy and PAP will have its hands tied up and cannot screw the citizens like what its currently doing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, I do agree that there must be a balance of local and national issues discussed. Dr Chee should also not over promise on what he can bring to the table. It makes it appear insincere and trying too hard.

Dr Chen is good at using social media to bring attention to the fact he is doing a lot of ground work. But only the internet will be impressed. Locally people may not even be aware as sdp presence in bukit batok was not strong to begin with to put it politely

So what? Yet, oppos get elected all the time. No one has been punched more then JB Jeyaratnam and anson kept electing him. The only way the PAP could get rid of him was to jail him for bankruptcy and hence he was not enabled to run.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of clamoring about what their MP can do for them, the residents should be far more concerned about what they can do to help their MP.

And I blame the PAP for this. They were the one that enact the town council concept. It actually sickens me that MPs have to do estate duty and pander to the residents for the most minute of requests.