• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DPM Botak : Sinkies must help Ah Nehs integrate into our society

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman to Singaporeans: Make a special effort to ‘integrate’ new immigrants from India

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2...ffort-to-integrate-new-immigrants-from-india/

In other countries, immigrants are expected to assimilate into local society by their own efforts, but it seems to be the other way round in Singapore where leaders have been exhorting Singaporeans to do more to integrate the newcomers with the latest call coming from Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

Speaking at the Indian New Year celebrations in Serangoon, Mr Tharman noted that one of the achievements of the Indian Community is that it has become more cohesive over the years.

“It’s a community that’s coming closer together. We’ve got to keep up the spirit and also make an effort as we have new immigrants coming into our society.”

Mr Tharman also urged Singaporeans to make a ‘special effort’ to integrate the new immigrants without elaborating on how to do so:

“Make a special effort to integrate them, and the new immigrants themselves also must make a special effort to understand our society, understand the fact that it is multicultural with major ethnic groups that are from very different parts of Asia.”

The week-long Indian New Year celebrations aim to forge a strong bond among various ethnic Indian communities as well as other racial communities within Singapore.

Due to the government’s open immigration policies, the number of Indian immigrants have increased over the past few years. However, many of the newcomers hail from other parts of India which are different from the original ethnic Indians in Singapore, many of whom are Tamils from the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these new migrants don't understand sinkie society and don't know what they are getting into, then what makes them decide to be migrants and make sinkieland their home:confused:

Are we attacting migrants who have the motivations that are beneficial to sinkieland:confused::confused::confused:

Please give me a million dollars answer:rolleyes:

Tharman to Singaporeans: Make a special effort to ‘integrate’ new immigrants from India

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2...ffort-to-integrate-new-immigrants-from-india/

“Make a special effort to integrate them, and the new immigrants themselves also must make a special effort to understand our society, understand the fact that it is multicultural with major ethnic groups that are from very different parts of Asia.”

Last edited:

KoalaJack

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should accommodate us, not we accomodate. not happy, pls take the boat back to your slums...and dont forget to bring back your familys and fellow dwellers too

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Tharman also urged Singaporeans to make a ‘special effort’ to integrate the new immigrants without elaborating on how to do so:

Tharman probably has never heard that "IN ROME do as the Romans do". Likewise; immigrants must adopt and assimilate local Singaporeans way of life to fit in or else 'Balek Kampung'!

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies must really make special effort to vote him out in the next election.

Every PAP Minister that opens his mouth spews nothing but CRAP. Notice those Ministers who keep silent or 'take cover' have not received any flak recently like the 'VIVIAN' chap.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
immigrants must adopt and assimilate local Singaporeans way of life to fit in or else 'Balek Kampung'!

What is "Singaporeans way of life"? Is it any better than the Indian way of life or the PRC way of life?

My recollection of the Singapore before I left in the early 90s was that the majority of Sinkies were rude, inconsiderate, selfish, greedy and unfriendly. The road rage, the queue jumping, the animalistic behavior at the buffet table, the fights for freebies etc were all deeply entrenched characteristics of a sinkie long before the foreign invasion.

The only difference now is that the recent arrivals have taken these unpleasant traits to new heights.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The FAP is taking turn to advance the foreigners' agenda. And when the heat is turned up against them, they would apologize and 'move on'. When the coast is clear, one of them will do it again. Such is the modus operandi by the FAP to pscyho SGs to accept their act of treason while buying time to replace SGs with foreigners before the next GE. Pretty despicable.

jw5

Loyal
So when is he inviting one of these FT families to his home for sushi?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I want to migrate to Canada, I would have done the research and found that I like the Canadian way of life and society, and the motivation to integrate and adopt that lifestyle, culture would have came from myself, and in ernest too.

When one endeavours to migrant to a selected country and call it his/her new home. He/She chooses a particular target because one prefers the lifestyle and environment, or society at large. Thereafter, it is only natural that one has the motivation to embrace that society, culture and live like the locals, in his/her new home.

New migrants has been absorbed in Singapore for decades when the immigration policies were in their right place. Were there integration issues in the past:confused:

No, because the motivations of the migrants of the past were correct............to embrace the new society and culture, which they have chosen to adopt when they decided to migrate, and build a home. One will have certain committments and sense of duty towards a place deem as a home.

If these current migrants could not even find such motivations from themselves, and locals have to embrace them, and give way, what kind of new shitizens are we welcoming:confused: Are these just a bunch of passer-by here to just help rape and consume the country our forefathers built:confused:

Some forumers have said "Don't like it here, then fuck the hell off", harsh but I have to agree:o

I have seen, worked and acquainted new migrants of the past and present, no need to tell me otherwise:rolleyes:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are in the process of meeting the quota numbers for new migrants, FW and FT, regardless. Thank you 60.1% for helping make this society more fucked up for my family.:oIo:

The FAP is taking turn to advance the foreigners' agenda. And when the heat is turned up against them, they would apologize and 'move on'. When the coast is clear, one of them will do it again. Such is the modus operandi by the FAP to pscyho SGs to accept their act of treason while buying time to replace SGs with foreigners before the next GE. Pretty despicable.