• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Downtown East murder: This is what actually happened

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They think they gain face and reputation. Maybe dominance.

These are stupid chaps. Surely one cannot collect protection money from the shops there. So, their action was silly coz their brain size is that of a pea.

From what I've heard from a business owner, collection of protection money in singapore exists but it is restricted to some estates. I was told that no collection is required in newer estates like Bishan, but it is a practice in Amk.

Maybe the SS also follow GRC boundaries :eek:

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I've heard from a business owner, collection of protection money in singapore exists but it is restricted to some estates. I was told that no collection is required in newer estates like Bishan, but it is a practice in Amk.

Wow didn't know about that. What are the reasons? I thought they would just collect as much as they can where they can.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They cannot get money from the shops is true but...... Heard from some shop owners in other parts of singapore that these gangs will go to any shop and make a fool out of themselves to chase away customers or mess up the shop. In return if they get freebies like drinks or food they would leave the shop alone.

These aren't gangsters. They are scums of the earth. Drinks and food if they want, better for them go sell their backsides. I have no idea whether what you said is happening in S'pore but it is certainly not the norm.

Gangsters also upgraded liao. Protection money leads to detention without trial. But when shopkeepers etc make contributions during 7th month by either buying goods to be auctioned or bidding for these goods, that can't be extortion.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Protection money these days well-camouflaged liao. Take the 7th month dinners. These are SS dinners, period. No need to collect protection money. Shopkeepers will either donate or bid for items. No case for the police. Notice the amount they bid. There are SS numbers.

Protection money can also come from "pau tio". For example your nightclub located at Eminent Plaza. They will come ask for kopi-chui. No need pay them lah. Get one of their bros to be your bouncer. When their bro there, they will also come and support. Win-win for both.

All illegal activities involve some sort of $ given to the SS operating in that area. If you operate gambling dens or clubs with illegal jackpot machines, there are market rates to pay.

Same for the lorongs in Geylang for the WLs. I think the SS get $10 per shot.
The SS chaps need to survive. The WLs needs protection from fucked type clients who either don't pay or touch touch then reject offer. A truly mutually beneficial arrangement indeed. The police can also take a break as the SS will do their work for them without getting paid by the chenghu.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro GoldenDragon, you are really in the know. I've of heard them being the Geylang enforcers as well.

The SS we can see in singapore are small peanuts. The real big boys who keep a low profile are the bookies. They are part of the south east asian syndicate. Very powerful and rich.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Protection money these days well-camouflaged liao. Take the 7th month dinners. These are SS dinners, period. No need to collect protection money. Shopkeepers will either donate or bid for items. No case for the police. Notice the amount they bid. There are SS numbers.

I guess so too. But the SS allows the bidders to pay up within a year grace? :confused:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess so too. But the SS allows the bidders to pay up within a year grace? :confused:

It was said that if after bidding and 1 year later did not pay up, the "good brothers" will come and give bad luck. But in this case, I think the SS brothers will come and look for them first

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Darren's Gang(b) "claims" Downtown east as their territory.

THis is so fucking childish. Darren deserve to die, no pity. What terrrority? WAHHAHAHAH!!!!!.

The real owner is the Lee family and all your sinkie losers including darren and his loser sinkie associates are surf to the Lee family.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THis is so fucking childish. Darren deserve to die, no pity. What terrrority? WAHHAHAHAH!!!!!.

The real owner is the Lee family and all your sinkie losers including darren and his loser sinkie associates are surf to the Lee family.

It's actually spelt serf and not surf which totally means another thing. :rolleyes:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Common sense will tell you no one with half a brain will be carrying a chopper not unless you are armed to fight.

What were these kids doing with choppers at a holiday resort? To chop meat for a barbecue?

hi there

1. aiyoh! the intention to cause harm and injury is immense and clear.
2. come on! no ordinary sheep would dare to bring a chopper into 1-on-orchard right!
3. these youngersters are paying their foolery with precious lives.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. aiyoh! the intention to cause harm and injury is immense and clear.
2. come on! no ordinary sheep would dare to bring a chopper into 1-on-orchard right!

Read the opening post again. Assuming it is true, they did not use their chopper the first time they whacked the victim. They only drew out their choppers after the victim took out his at the next meeting.

This could be their defense against the murder charge.

chinkandoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
But wan bao (late newspaper) also wrote one eye witness saw that initially it was just a fist fight. The attackers only took out their knives after Darren kept provoking them by shouting "lai la! LAI LA!!" (even after his friends tried to pull him away).

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at darren foto and read about him kena expel already can guess how that incident happened. all not ho kiah, dog bite dog.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro GoldenDragon, you are really in the know. I've of heard them being the Geylang enforcers as well.

The SS we can see in singapore are small peanuts. The real big boys who keep a low profile are the bookies. They are part of the south east asian syndicate. Very powerful and rich.

Yes, bro. THEY ARE VERY RICH. One of them is a great chap. Very humble. No Rolex, no Mont Blanc, no Dunhill, no Dupont etc.

He makes regular contributions to charities without disclosing his identity. In Malaysia too. And they are huge sums. If bookies and runners do not know him, they should change trade. If he is ranked number 2 in this region, the number 1 has yet to be born!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read the opening post again. Assuming it is true, they did not use their chopper the first time they whacked the victim. They only drew out their choppers after the victim took out his at the next meeting.

This could be their defense against the murder charge.

Your version sounds like 武林大侠,非不得已,剑不出鞘,出鞘见血。Frankly, that's unbelieveable because no gangsters carrying weapons would fight without the weapons. How could you fight with a chopper tucked under your belt? You think Stephen Chow 国产零零漆 is it? The version I heard is they didn't have the choppers. After the first fistfight, they went back to get the choppers to standby just in case Darren and gang came back at them. Darren and gang did come back, with choppers too, but were outchopped.