• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Donald Trump may run for US President

GoFlyKiteNow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Donald Trump may run for US President
05:55 AM Oct 07, 2010

WASHINGTON - Mr Donald Trump, the property magnate and reality television host, has declared his interest in running for President of the United States, saying that "somebody has to do something, because we are losing this country".

The 64-year-old is tempted to spend a hefty portion of his estimated US$2 billion ($2.6 billion) fortune on a White House bid.

"For the first time in my life, I'm actually thinking about it," Mr Trump, who declared himself a Republican, told Fox News Channel.

He did not rule out the possibility of running under the banner of the Tea Party, the conservative movement that so far has been seen as a sub-group of the Republican Party.

"I've never had any interest [in running for office] before," Trump expalined. "If I ever did, this would be the time...because we've never had a country that's sunk and that's gone to levels as low as it is right now. We're getting that inferiority complex, which we've never had."

"If I were interested, I'd be a Republican," the real estate developer told Time. "They have a chance to make a big difference [after the midterms]. The last time, they blew it."

Trump also complained that the Chinese are "ripping [the US] off."

"I think I'm qualified [to be president] because I deal with countries that are taking us to lunch in a negative sense," Trump said. "I deal with Chinese. I know the Chinese. I understand the Chinese. They laugh at our stupidity. That laugh at how stupid our leaders are."

Trump advocates a flat 25% import duty on all Chinese imports into USA to offset what he calls the 'currency manipulation' by the Chinese.
"Within one year, we can wipe out our treasury debts to the Chinese"

In economics, Trump said: "I am someone who looks for fairness for this country. I believe in free trade, but only if it's fair free trade."

As far as whether Trump would actually seek the Republican nomination, "we have to see what happens with the elections in November," he said to Time. "I've never seen a time that would be a more likely time than now."

AGENCIES

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Donald Trump running under the Tea Party will destroy the Republicans and give Obama the White House for a second term. Is Trump trying to help Obama?

FlipSide

Alfrescian
Loyal
Donald Trump running under the Tea Party will destroy the Republicans and give Obama the White House for a second term. Is Trump trying to help Obama?

Probably yes.
But then he has always been a republican, if I am not mistaken.

Obama may even be dropped by the democrats party
as they seem him as a liability.

jw5

Loyal
He may just have a new season of "The Apprentice" to select his cabinet.
Hopefully he will use celebrities again.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from what i find out about US salary and compare with the rest of the world, including all develop and undevelop nation, i think they overpaid their employee by a large margin.

If they want to turn from a consuming nation to manfacturing nation, they have to paid them less.

I dun think chinese is ripping USA off. China is still too poor.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes and that egotistical jackass with a penchant for namings his assets with a "Trump" prefix will rename America

"TRUMPLAND"

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
from what i find out about US salary and compare with the rest of the world, including all develop and undevelop nation, i think they overpaid their employee by a large margin.

If they want to turn from a consuming nation to manfacturing nation, they have to paid them less.

I dun think chinese is ripping USA off. China is still too poor.

They are paid well but not taking up the jobs. I have relatives in California and Canada.

The ones which are jobless are not in a hurry to find jobs. Looking through the classifieds, jobs plenty, well paid but few takers. They shared with me ppl would take up something which is temp and then take a rest when they have enough.

The ones in Canada, got jobs but they said not very well paid. And seriously not well paid.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The time has come for the world NOT to look to the US as a leader or big brother. The hero or WWII has problems of its own to fix. Neo-Conservatism fucked US and the world. Obama is right to change, but change to what is still searching. The world is looking for a new equilibirum.

It is a good change.

Cheers!