• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dog bit Sylvia Lim

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It’s been a week since Returning Officer Yam Ah Mee (YAM) announced that Workers’ Party had outpolled the PAP in Aljunied GRC.

When YAM made that announcement in the wee hours of Sunday May 8, I instinctively turned to hug my team-mate Faisal. Faisal reacted calmly then, but told me at lunch yesterday that he was puzzled as to why I did that… I explained that it was just the flood of thoughts - about the many years we had spent together knocking on doors, facing all sorts of reactions, and our individual circumstances at different points in time. My word, the Aljunied voters had come through!

The WP Aljunied team went through two Thank-You parades, one on May 8, the other yesterday May 14.

May 8 turned out to be the hottest day in 19 years, according to Pritam. We were too tired to think of using any sun block, which made all 5 of us literally change colour on the lorry. Weaving in and out of car parks and roads in Bedok North (Kaki Bukit), Bedok Reservoir and Serangoon was invigorating, as there was a palpable sense of pride in the voters for the outcome in Aljunied.

There were also hints of what was on the minds of certain voters when they cast their vote, from what some of them called out from their flats as we drove past. “Keep your promise!” yelled one man, referring to our promise to serve them as best we could. Yet another bellowed out: “I want to REPE-N-N-T-T-T”, which needs no further elaboration. One lady came running after our lorry, saying: “林小姐,你的手好了吗?” meaning “Ms Lim, has your hand recovered?” Yes, she was the one whose dog sank its teeth into my hand when I visited them at home on March 13….

Yesterday we were fully prepared for Part 2 of the Thank You parade, with several choices of sun block. As if to play a cruel joke, the heavens poured torrents. We were then weaving around Paya Lebar - Kovan and Lorong Ah Soo. My team-mates decided to be men and stand in the rain totally drenched, while I was permitted to be a “gu-niang” and take cover under a WP umbrella. Residents ran up to us offering more umbrellas, drying cloths and other aids. We were very touched.

A new phase has begun.

We are indeed grateful to the voters for their support, and look forward to serving them.

http://sylvialimsblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/those-aljunied-voters.html

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
maxi, thanks for posting this.

Sylvia and the rest of the A team are the best thing to have happened to us in decades. I am confident they will do well and put those MIWs to shame. Come 2016, there will be multiple A teams getting into parliament, I can't wait.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't mention it, gman!

To be honest, the blog entry is not as moving as those I so used to read from the Straits Times, but what the heck right?! :biggrin:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sylvia sacrificed herself to test whether Singapore dogs are rabbies free... heng it was a real dog and not a PAP dog which bit her

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only her kena bite. before election was Chen Show Mao kena bite by those pap dogs, saying his a foreigner. after the election and WP won Aljunied. in newspaper a lot of articles especially the chinese news paper all the mad dogs keep by the pap are biting Low Thia Kiang. i really pity them. :(:eek::mad::oIo:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for this. There's no substitute for hard work on the ground. Sylvia & team thoroughly deserve their victory.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
dog bite human hand is quite common. better than residents demanding compensation from LHH for; emotional trauma & distress their canine went thru, after kena #### by LHH. heheheh

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering.

She is just like any of us, into wine, books, has a dry sense of humour, etc.

So do you think she has sex on a regular basis? Sex is a basic human need and i think she should be at the height of female sexual prowess at her age.

Is she a virgin? Why hasn't any ex-boyfriend or partner come forward to wax eloquent about her in the press? She has always been secretive about her background. From bits of info gleaned here and there, she grew up in a privileged genteel environment, being the child of a lawyer, living in Bukit Timah landed estates, NUS Law and later London, etc. What made her decide to take the path less trodden? What made her oppose the establishment, given that her childhood was totally privileged and establishment-like. More importantly, what car does she currently drive and what/where is her current abode?

PS:- she has got really nice boobs. I always like looking at pics of her.

Last edited: