• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does the good oLd biscuits' stiLL hoLd a pLace in your heart ?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
aha you noticed . . . . yah lor but had breakfast with mom cannot drink la wait she thinks I do this every morning in Bangkok or Jakarta

my breakfast

7AFC5DD6-7794-44A1-B8E2-7AFE65F01434-2043-0000023F7816CB52.jpg

Bro, the Lor-chap of your vetgetarian beehoon makes me swoon ..:smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro, the Lor-chap of your vetgetarian beehoon makes me swoon ..:smile:

It's really good, got to queue everytime but move along pretty fast each time. Never fail to have breakfast here each time I'm back.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thye Hong's, the ever iconic factory now a plastic modern office building. Old site of Hock Lee riots (or so I read)

I just googled and found this.

Thye Hong Centre
Built in 1935, Thye Hong Biscuit and Confectionary Factory, with its bronze lion and flame-lit torch, was a defining landmark in Queenstown. Standing at the junction of Alexandra Road and Tanglin Road, the factory was started by businessman Lee Gee Chong.

At its peak, Thye Hong Centre employed more than 200 residents and the biscuits were popular in Asia. In the 1960s, biscuits from Thye Hong were viable competitors for Khong Guan. These biscuits were sold in tins and could be found in provisions shops in the neighbourhood. The popularity of the biscuits earned Lee Gee Chong the title “Biscuit King.”

The factory had a change of ownership when Lee Gee Chong was kidnapped and killed on 25 April 1960. He was abducted in Garlick Avenue near his residence by three men.

In the 1970s, business declined and the factory was sold in 1981 for an office complex with the same name.

thye-hong-centre.html

thye-hong-centre.html

http://www.queenstown.org.sg/district-1-princess-estate/thye-hong-centre.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

And the killer of these small provision shops from those good old days is none other than FAIRPRICE, which was supposedly set up to improve the lives of Singaporeans..

Kohliantye you donch worry we now have the super duper Shiong Song to give Fairprice song song kee julong run for the money.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kohliantye you donch worry we now have the super duper Shiong Song to give Fairprice song song kee julong run for the money.
really interested 2 c who wil win tis fite ... definitely both wil not compromise ...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And the killer of these small provision shops from those good old days is none other than FAIRPRICE, which was supposedly set up to improve the lives of Singaporeans..

Not just provision shops. NTUC Fairprice has killed chinese medicine shops, toy shops, stationery shops.

It also killed Emporium.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not just provision shops. NTUC Fairprice has killed chinese medicine shops, toy shops, stationery shops.

It also killed Emporium.

NTUC Fairprice has taken over coffesshops.

They have invaded Mobil & Esso via the set up of Fairprice supermarts.

Maybe in time to come they may even have NTUC Petroleum.

Wonder whether they have NTUC Fairprice Undertakers?????????????????