• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does Singapore Still have Triads or Secret Societies???

taxidriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any attempts will be met by strong resistance. Sure to have many casualites if clash takes place. Fortunately, most of these strongholds are more or less accepted by other groups.

PHT has been in Boon Lay for at least 2-3 decades. Read an article in the paper that bars and clubs from the 70s in Boon Lay area used to be controlled by PHT. just like how AST controlled sembawang and yishun.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
youths of their gangs been fighting each other since 90's. don't understand what's in for these gang members nowadays.

Same thing happening with youngsters in rival groups. They are not capable of thinking. While they fight, stab and slash, their senior headmen or well-off gang members, unknown to them, may be drinking with each other in KTVs and nightclubs trying to conclude some legit or illegal biz deals.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PHT has been in Boon Lay for at least 2-3 decades. Read an article in the paper that bars and clubs from the 70s in Boon Lay area used to be controlled by PHT. just like how AST controlled sembawang and yishun.

Yes, they have been around for a long time. Early 70s onwards easily. Earlier I have no idea. Sadly, not many bars and clubs in Boon Lay now. Ditto AST in S'wang and Yishun. Where nightspots are concerned, SLK very lucky. Jalan Besar and vicinity (Maude Rd, Syed Alwi, Serangoon Rd etc) have at least 25-30 joints easily. Eminent Plaza itself at least 3 already.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While abroad, I still read news about youngsters slashing people up just because of staring incident like the one in Pasir Ris n the most recent, CineLeisure...

My question is does Singapore still exist with triads or secret societies??? During my school time, i know SS in singapore like the AST, 08, 18XDH, 21, 24, 369 etc....but alot of "lao jiao" all went in or either come out become gd boy already... Does SS still exist in SG???

lianbeng replies: still have lah but not so open nowadays! :biggrin: even in schools n army camps still have mah!

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, most have shifted there. btw, 226 HC is controlled by 2 lee taos. AST and TYT. TYT side is facing the main road, whereas AST side is facing the inner part of the market.

both lee tao also tiao lang to support strength. AST reinforcement comes from 307, whereas TYT reinforcement comes from 202.
Well inform pal....

During my school days, 307 have one guy call "Ah Bear", 202 TYT also got one call "Chui Gu / 水牛“ Don't know whether retire already or not!!!

Last edited:

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, TYT is also active in that area. I also remember GLK at blk 107 as well.
Used to be in the same section during NS with one of the AMK GLK guy... He got into clash at Serangoon Garden Chomp Chomp, police catch him n he pushed the police on the floor... Kanna charged for assaulting police, 8 strokes rotan, dun know now still there or not...

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
There used to be a headman in Yishun by the name of "Wah Ping" ... In n out of Changi if i'm not wrong 3-4times already... Last heard that he turn over a new leaf n frying hokkien mee at coffeeshop... Now Yishun also cannot see those old guys already...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Would appreciate if you can advice when it was demolished...

As mentioned, when i left SG, they was no ION and VivoCity yet.... Blk 307 AMK has a very famous coffeeshop in the past!!! Don't know all those guys shifted to where already

wow why famous?

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well inform pal....

During my school days, 307 have one guy call "Ah Bear", 202 TYT also got one call "Chui Gu / 水牛“ Don't know whether retire already or not!!!

During my time, I heard of botak fr blk 307. As for TYT's blk 202 kopitiam, I remember there had 1 popiah stall that sold good popiah. Now no more liao...

Last edited:

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used to be in the same section during NS with one of the AMK GLK guy... He got into clash at Serangoon Garden Chomp Chomp, police catch him n he pushed the police on the floor... Kanna charged for assaulting police, 8 strokes rotan, dun know now still there or not...

I see.. actually AMK has other SS in addition to AST. To other lay men, the only impression that they have is AMK=AST 100% which is not entirely true.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well inform pal....

i think you and i are referring to the same ah gu. now 202 lee si lang is ah gu, most probably is the one u are talking about.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the way, 307 used has 2 coffee shop. one coffee shop at each end of the block. rumour is that TYT sit at the other coffeeshop and there are frequent clashes

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see.. actually AMK has other SS in addition to AST. To other lay men, the only impression that they have is AMK=AST 100% which is not entirely true.

as i am a amk person, i can roughly tell u how many gangs are here (but i'm not one of them). TYT (probably most of ave 10), AST, guat san siah centre S11 (sharing with AST), 21 heng kee blk600+, 21 san, 151 and 453 HC. ang kim lang 446( no more new recruit) fong hong san, tiong meng koh. any gangs i missed out?

amk used to have 1 gang call 21 hai (or hut boon tong). any one can confirm are they still active?

HK14K

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you and i are referring to the same ah gu. now 202 lee si lang is ah gu, most probably is the one u are talking about.
I really lost touch already... Maybe we're talking about the same person!!! This ppl that i'm talking about is about 17-20years ago during school n NS time....

Btw, GLK at upper thomson also have!!! As for AMK, if i'm not wrong, there's also 08 HLS