• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does he deserve to be charged?

michaelrocksam

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he were to do it in Iran, its no crime. It all matter of time and place.

Ethically, if someone is willing to do it wholeheartly without coercion I see no crime in it, be it with a price or consideration.

The price paid may be to give the donor's a family a much better life or misery if the $ is spent too quickly.

I guess he should have arranged to have it done in Iran, the only place in the world to allow it.

Then again, if its becos he is rich and he think he can get away with it then he should be punished.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would it be distasteful if one were to open an agency to facilitate such sales? I personally hope that a real cure can be found soon. Kidney failure is a terrible thing and transplant may not work.

slyer

Alfrescian
Loyal
this incident shows that there's justice and law is not to protect the rich. its not wrong to find means to stay alive. but then buying organs is illegal in sg. if he buys kidneys in other countries chances of him being charged is very rare.. seriously i think the organ waiting list and system in sg deprive alot of patients of a chance to live... the waiting list is so long and donors are so little..

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hang the motherfucker and then harvest his kidneys fresh for the next patient

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Organ Sales - Should be legal?

The first premise is already shaky. Drug addict and trafficker are also wiling buyer and willing seller.

The whole basis of control is to avoid the exploitation of the person who is selling a kidney. In nearly all the cases, the donor gets a measly amount.

No person unless he is facing hardship is going to give up his kidney. The other is those who do it for their family.

In Tang's case, it is common knowledge that his family members were not prepared to be screened and therefore did not want to give up anything. Worse still one of his kin also capitilised and made money from this sad situation.

He was also unfortunate that Walter Woon was the AG and not some idiot withou the brain or a consciousness.

The reality is anyone in debt, desperation etc are the ones that are willing to sell. The willing seller concept does not actually exist in organ sales.

You line up 1,000 people in Raffle Place , they are not prepared sell their kidney for $20K to stranger unless they are in financial distress.

Basically, my personal opinion is if there is a willing seller and buyer, why stop them as long as the organs are not obtained through illegal means.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Organ Sales - Should be legal?

The exploitation of the value can be realigned and corrected as such. It's not the worth to the donor, it's the worth to the recipent. For example, a willing donor down and broke would be willing to accept as low as S$10 or 20k. That's exploitation. The price should be fixed on what his kidney is worth to someone seeking it who's worth many millions dollars. Say, a 20% cut from his audited networth may be reasonable. It's a win-win solution. The richest and most economically productive gets to live on without the impairment while the poor but willing to donate gets a fair price for what it's worth the sacrifice.