• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does a conduct such as this amount to corruption ?

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, I understand you, I am no lawyer or is in reading the law....my lecturer in one of the courses that I attended for some legal laws...stated that, for the prosecution to present the case....they must be precise on which law & which section of the law to state & what charges...I am just a lay person....

Hey, my apologies, halsey, if I sounded rude.

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might want to consider changing your posting style slightly to be more accommodating to different and even "derailing" views, for the simple reason that this is a public forum and subject to many views from different people. :biggrin:

Thanks and noted.

Again, my apologies if I was rude. Okay, not "if". "If" means not sincere.

My apologies. I was rude. :biggrin:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

According to space law 8472, it is corruption
Was so in 21st century and is so in 25th ... ...

[video=youtube;OKQDRxs5Nzk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKQDRxs5Nzk[/video]

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes obvious case of conflict of interests. Your fiduciary duty is towards the company, not the customers. Should the customers approach you, you are acting as an agent for the company you represent, and this should be the way you should perform your responsibilities.

SunShangXiang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please don't derail the discussion.

Stick to the point. And please don't presume that because I asked I'm the one doing it.

Mai kei kiang hor.

What happened to your account? I know, did not confirm your email and that's why u are in this state. Settle it soon.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 2 issues here:

1. The company does not keep a list of their customers. It's a retail business, and customers are just customers, not clients in the corporate sense. The customer who walks into your shop to buy Gucci 3 times a year can walk to a neighbouring LV shop to buy LV.

2. Say, your shop deals with LV, but the same supplier of LV also supplies Gucci, but your shop does not carry Gucci. So this customer who used to patronize you for LV products now decides to buy a Gucci product from you (instead of going to Gucci shop). You somehow manage to get LV supplier to sell you the Gucci product and you are in fact bypassing Gucci, not your employer, who is LV.

Okay, we can cut that crap about moral duty. I think we all know it's immoral. The very fact that the employee does it under the table and not dare to let his employer know of such a dealing shows the employee is guilty conscious.

Whether the employee can be prosecuted under the Prevention of Corruption Act is my concern.

Short answer:
No, not corruption at all. Fire away.

Long answer:
Depends on your appointment and scope of responsibilities at your LV shop. If you're responsible as a manager for the bottom line of the shop, then your higher management will not like it if they know, for this is liken to doing side-line at the company's expense, which means time, opportunity, means, resources, which arises from your appointment at the company. So, in the final analysis, the company can and will fire you. But legally, it is not corruption, because it is not tipping into a company's transaction to carve out your own reward which you're not entitled to, because this is a side-line, and has nothing to do with the company. Hence, most appt letters usually pre-empt this by making sure the employee does not use company's time and resources to do his own thing.

On the issue of customer contacts, on the surface it would seem like the contacts belong to the company, and if the contacts are generated due to the very presence of the company and yourself, then since you're taking salary or compensation from the company, the contacts would belong to the company. If you leave the company, you should surrender all your contacts to the company, but that does not mean the customer cannot locate you in another company and establish a new relationship with you.

Certain companies had tried to write into appt letters to prevent ex-employees from 'stealing' customer contacts for a duration of time, like a year or two, but such restrictions had been made voided in Singapore courts before, as the court's rationale is that such restrictions prevents an ex-employee from been gainfully employed in the area of expertise and/or competence that he or she had acquired in the previous company he was employed with.