• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you know you are actually praying to dead person?

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
does he really exist? or it is just your figment of imagination?

Jade Emperor is the supreme creator of the universe. His almighty existence was known ever before Jesus (known only around 100 CE) by a civilization that is much more ancient than any ang mor civilization. The jews were not even an ancient civilization but a subclass tribe hammered by the ancient great Egyptian and Iraqi civiiizations. The jews copied many things from these great civilizations, so Jesus is your imagination and the western religions copied the origin from the east.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True. Buddha is not God, he is only our teacher. He cannot wash away our sins nor grant us our wishes. Indeed, praying to him is a waste of time. We respect him as a great teacher, a teacher that shows us the path. We and only we can determine our fate, make our own luck or condemn ourselves to endless suffering in Samsara. With metta.

That's not what most Buddhists believe. Most of them pray to Buddha as though Buddha is a god. We do enough grassroots work and observe how Buddhists, both sinkies and non-sinkies pray and behave during their religious ceremonies and rites.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All your gods are false. I pray to Crom. :eek:

[video=youtube;eWG-nHuuCRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG-nHuuCRc[/video]

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not what most Buddhists believe. Most of them pray to Buddha as though Buddha is a god. We do enough grassroots work and observe how Buddhists, both sinkies and non-sinkies pray and behave during their religious ceremonies and rites.

u sprouting shit again ??
just like your father sam often do.

majority of those ignorant people ,like u , erroneously labeled anyone who pray
, make offering of incense/fruits/flowers in a Buddhist temple as a buddhist.
nothing could be further from the truth.

even those who declared themselves to be Buddhist may not know what it is all about.
as Black Swan pointed out :
Well said! I don't think many buddhists understand the fundamentals of Buddhism.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. He stayed around for some time (maybe a month or so), then he rose back to heaven, and is seated on the right side of god (I thought he was god, but its kinda confusing, this trinity thing), and the world awaits his coming when he will return to judge the living and the dead. That's what the bible says.

Cheers!

Did the bible say what happened after he resurrected? Strange that everyone heard of the resurrection but no one knew where he went after..........

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The ancient chinese already known "菩萨泥过江自身难保", literally means the bodhisattva idol made of clay can't protect itself crossing river. The statue is just symbolic. Christians like to distort other religious beliefs to convert people to christianity. Taoists and buddhists don't worship idols literally.

True taoism belief is quite deep. It is derived from the I-Ching

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Then they are not true Buddhist. For example in certain parts of Africa, they still believe in giving offerings to Jesus due to ignorance. Do you classify them as true Christians?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Yup. He stayed around for some time (maybe a month or so), then he rose back to heaven, and is seated on the right side of god (I thought he was god, but its kinda confusing, this trinity thing), and the world awaits his coming when he will return to judge the living and the dead. That's what the bible says.

Cheers!

Was there any witness to the resurrection or was it just an empty tomb? And was there witness to his ascension? I am asking because I really don't know.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the bible say what happened after he resurrected?
Was there any witness to the resurrection or was it just an empty tomb?
Yes:

Luke Chapter 24 (long chapter with 53 verses)
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Luke-Chapter-24

And was there witness to his ascension?
Yes:

Acts Chapter 1
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Acts-Chapter-1

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Ultimately, it requires faith, i.e. you either believe in the story or you don't.
Also, it depends on whether you want to believe it.

Ascension of Jesus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascension_of_Jesus

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the flesh all wisdom begins. Beware the thing that has no flesh. Beware the gods, beware the idea, beware the devil.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, technically he is dead. Only after death can a person be resurrected.:biggrin:

.—verb (used with object)
Ressurect:

to raise from the dead; bring to life again.
to bring back into use, practice, etc.: to resurrect an ancient custom.
I hv fren who had heart ryhtm problem who had cardio version aka stopping the heart and restaring it to restore his heart beat to rythmic IS IT RESSURECTION TOO?