• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you know why things are expensive in SG?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Demand and supply chump. If you have a shop, will you rent out at $10? You would want to rent at at market rate, right?
Similarly, you can rent your shop for $1 mil per month. See any takers or not?

It is not pure demand and supply. This is the chain that triggers the whole process and stop fucking people for politicising threads because it is a political issue:
FLOODGATE OPENED FOR FTS => Perpetual shortage of supply vs demand of accomodation, transport, retail space => HDB/Condo/Retail Outlets prices rise, Transport costs rise => Govt worsen it by increasing valuations/property taxes/premises owned by GLCs => Costs of business rise across the board => Business owners increase prices.... and so it spirals upwards... except salaries of low wage earners

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's whole strategy of managing the economy is by perpetuating THE BUBBLE. There is no end, you just have to keep bringing more and more people in to prevent the bubble from bursting. Now PAP want you to live UNDERGROUND... and it will be more than 6 feet deep.

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually u need a couple of combinations to bring down costs. Lets say HDB build a mall and rent space to a not so profit driven company like NTUC, then u take out rental costs and tenant greed. But remember NTUC still got to import the stuff from overseas since we don't make or produce anything here. Maybe NTUC can go into services like hair saloons or skin care! to bring costs down. They r already running some food courts or coffee shops.

there are plenty of things the govt can do but they rather go for GDP growth. Why have billions of reserve when you are not going to use. They should just aim for a few years of budget neutral results to ease of a bit.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP's whole strategy of managing the economy is by perpetuating THE BUBBLE. There is no end, you just have to keep bringing more and more people in to prevent the bubble from bursting. Now PAP want you to live UNDERGROUND... and it will be more than 6 feet deep.

True, what's next after 6.9mil? 8mil?

FUCK PAP!:oIo:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
rent are killing sinkieland...

i advise the couple to move to KL to set up a store there. much cheaper and have better quality of life too.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually u need a couple of combinations to bring down costs. Lets say HDB build a mall and rent space to a not so profit driven company like NTUC, then u take out rental costs and tenant greed. But remember NTUC still got to import the stuff from overseas since we don't make or produce anything here. Maybe NTUC can go into services like hair saloons or skin care! to bring costs down. They r already running some food courts or coffee shops.
you sure CUNT is a not so profit driven company? i dun see their taxis or supermarket being any cheaper than competitiors........

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you sure CUNT is a not so profit driven company? i dun see their taxis or supermarket being any cheaper than competitiors........

he is a PAP ball licking losers who come here to support govt link companies and try to change the perception here towards them.. fuck PAP. you must mark this guy and keep bashing him, he is a total low life PAP loser.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
rent are killing sinkieland...

i advise the couple to move to KL to set up a store there. much cheaper and have better quality of life too.

Err...hate to break it to u but if u buy non Malaysian products or brands...it is cheaper in Singapore!! Otherwise why so many Malaysians come down here to shop especially during the Great Singapore Sale. Only Malaysian products, cars and houses dont say lah! are cheaper. Dining is cheaper too since labor cost is lower. But if u want to buy a iPhone or a Gucci handbag, better buy here.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is a PAP ball licking losers who come here to support govt link companies and try to change the perception here towards them.. fuck PAP. you must mark this guy and keep bashing him, he is a total low life PAP loser.

Wow did I make u angry?? Now u really make my day!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Err...hate to break it to u but if u buy non Malaysian products or brands...it is cheaper in Singapore!! Otherwise why so many Malaysians come down here to shop especially during the Great Singapore Sale. Only Malaysian products, cars and houses dont say lah! are cheaper. Dining is cheaper too since labor cost is lower. But if u want to buy a iPhone or a Gucci handbag, better buy here.

rent is cheaper there so the seller can sell and offer more variety there. Sinkieland like to raise rent till the biz cannot tahan, what cheaper??? sinkieland so lousy dunno how to create live in a society, only suck pple's money.

Malaysia is so much better..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
PAPpy dogs are really useless. Failed to address the root problem of rocketing rental and still blame us for not allowing them the option of bringing in foreign trash to provide cheap labor.

The PAP are the root cause of the high rent anyway, They are not addressing it because they are making too much money in the property market now. Let me paint this picture to you.

The PAP expropriate land and pays the owners pennies on the dollar. They rezone the land and than eventually sells it to developers. But they set a minimum floor price on the land that is 1000 times more than what they paid for it when they expropriated it. The developers buys this marked up land from the govt., and than has to build a new shopping centre on the land. As you have mentioned, all the costs are high in SIngapore. Maybe labour is a little bit cheaper because they high foreign workers, but must still pay visa fees for them. In the end, shopping centre is build, but it costs a lot. How to recover the investment? Well. must charge more rent, right?

But wait, the shop owners must have the good number of customers, otherwise they will go broke paying the rent. Don't worry about that, the PAP will take care of that for you. Let in more and more people lah. 5.5 million not enough, can go to 6.9 million. Inside City Square, there is NTUC and all that, sure got more foot traffice when more people are allowed into the country. In addition to all that, so many GLCs are property developers, as well, many MIW and PAP elite own commercial property. Arethey interested in seeing the rent increase? Of course. They just wait for people like City Square to raise the rent and than use that as a guideline for their own rental increases too.

Ask yourself something. If the HDB sells u a flat at actual cost, than you would be paying maybe $80,000 for a 4 room flat. Your mortgage would be only $60K, and your monthly payment is about $600 a month. If you only have a mortgage payment of $600 a month, can you afford to take a $1500 job and still survive? Sure you can you. If you can afford a $1500 job a month and survive, than do we still need low cost imported FTs to remain competitive? No, we don't.

These are the implications of the fucking PAP policies. People need to open their eyes and wake up their ideas.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look I am not defending the PAP. But things are not that bad if u dont go for so called luxury items. I mean coffee $1/ cup...ok or not. U got Malaysia maybe 40 cents more ..ok labor and rent cheaper. Haircut here maybe $10, ok or not?? U go elsewhere also about this amount...I dont mean the backstreet alleys in KL ...thats bloody dangerous!! So supermarket stuff more or less ok...otherwise how our low cost FTs or Singaporeans survive....they need to buy and cook rite?
However the picture changes when you buy luxury items. Cars and houses...no need to say. How about TVs...I think quite hard fight between Singapore and KL. If u go for restaurants...of course Malaysia cheaper by at least 50% (if cost $100 here, will be about $100 ringit there). Clothing brands probably (not Malaysia...eg Tommy Hilgifger, Levis jeans) - cheaper here.
Think when the high speed railway is built, the price difference will narrow again.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Look I am not defending the PAP. But things are not that bad if u dont go for so called luxury items. I mean coffee $1/ cup...ok or not. U got Malaysia maybe 40 cents more ..ok labor and rent cheaper. Haircut here maybe $10, ok or not?? U go elsewhere also about this amount...I dont mean the backstreet alleys in KL ...thats bloody dangerous!! So supermarket stuff more or less ok...otherwise how our low cost FTs or Singaporeans survive....they need to buy and cook rite?
However the picture changes when you buy luxury items. Cars and houses...no need to say. How about TVs...I think quite hard fight between Singapore and KL. If u go for restaurants...of course Malaysia cheaper by at least 50% (if cost $100 here, will be about $100 ringit there). Clothing brands probably (not Malaysia...eg Tommy Hilgifger, Levis jeans) - cheaper here.
Think when the high speed railway is built, the price difference will narrow again.

pls lah.. whether you are defending PAP or not.. we can tell... you think we are stupid..

PAP ball licking losers are stupid does not mean the whole world will be stupid like you and them.

sinkie sinkie

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls lah.. whether you are defending PAP or not.. we can tell... you think we are stupid..

PAP ball licking losers are stupid does not mean the whole world will be stupid like you and them.

sinkie sinkie

Wow I made u even angrier!!! This is fun!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Err...hate to break it to u but if u buy non Malaysian products or brands...it is cheaper in Singapore!! Otherwise why so many Malaysians come down here to shop especially during the Great Singapore Sale ...
no, impoted stuffs in sinkielan r not chippa ... msia dun nid 2 impot stuffs thru sinkielan loong time ago ...

iz dat sinkielan offers bigga varieties n mor designs of impoted items ... iz juz like sinkies go hk japan 4 shopping ... tings there r not chippa, but dey offers mor variety ...