• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you have trust in the Singapore legal system?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Accused, despite having been disbarred, did manage, through instructing another law firm, obtained a default judgment of $45,000 for the victim. Okay, he may not have informed the victim about enforcing the judgment. But the victim did NOT lose anything. The judgment is valid for 10 years.

The law firm handling the case would have had particulars of the victim's Company, and through a simple ACRA search, the particulars of the 59-year old victim who is the Director of the victim's Company. The law firm would have had given copies of the correspondence, including the judgment to the business address of the victim.

Did the law firm know the Accused did not have a valid practicing certificate or that he had been disbarred ? Does it even matter ?

Anybody can draft an affidavit. After all, affidavit belongs to the witness and has to be signed by the witness and witnessed in front of the Commissioner of Oath. There is nothing wrong with a disbarred lawyer preparing an affidavit. It's just like an insurance agent drafting a Will for his client.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know.

My point is does it even matter that he had been disbarred ? The important question is did he hold himself out as a practicing lawyer ?

You mean once a lawyer has been disbarred or does not possess a practicing certificate, he cannot touch any "legal works" ? But insurance agent drafting Wills for their clients not considered legal works meh ? And drafting an affidavit is exclusively the job of the lawyer meh ?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know.

My point is does it even matter that he had been disbarred ? The important question is did he hold himself out as a practicing lawyer ?

You mean once a lawyer has been disbarred or does not possess a practicing certificate, he cannot touch any "legal works" ? But insurance agent drafting Wills for their clients not considered legal works meh ? And drafting an affidavit is exclusively the job of the lawyer meh ?

Disbarred lawyers still can work as in house counsel in a company. I know Tan Cheng Yew is doing very well now as an in house lawyer.