• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you give money to beggars in Bangkok ?

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everywhere from Pratunam to MBK to Ratchaphisek, there are old beggars and young beggars begging under the bridges. Do you give money to these beggars ?

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't give money to beggars anywhere in the world but I do have a "Charity Budget" whenever i travel, This budget will go to a Charity organization etc... orphanage.

Why? You are showing them and/or giving them an option to continue to live their life on the street,(They see that they can make money by living on the Streets, Many also tend to be in tow of their children, You are also responsible for the child to grew up on the street)and then You might also be responsible for the fact that there are people behind the scenes using this people for their own benefits(Slavery -- Remember Slum Dog millionaire, That IS a true fact of how people use kids/adults and burn and cut them an put them on the streets to beg)

P.s I do buy drinks/food for individuals but no money. I have done that several times in Singapore too.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Everywhere from Pratunam to MBK to Ratchaphisek, there are old beggars and young beggars begging under the bridges. Do you give money to these beggars ?

Is your question only restricted to beggars from BKK or anywhere else including SG?
Wouldn't want to be scolded for being out of point in your thread. :o

Yi Dao

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Queenie, Tan Wee Kiat aka Jarrod Song has been charged by Kangaroo Court. Happy now? But remains "Faceless" - courtesy of the Kangaroo Court. :eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Giving money to kids in BKK "may" encourage human trafficking.

Some of these kids are being forced by their owners to beg. The owners buy kids from traffickers who get the children from poor parents.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Give them a kick in the ass and tell them to get a job.:rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The real beggars are found in Singapore, elsewhere are fake with rich masterminds. Know where to give your charity.

thinkorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
same in china, the beggars that come to you when you are alighting taxis, they belong to syndicates. Initially, i wanted to give but later my friend told me not to.

The real beggars are found in Singapore, elsewhere are fake with rich masterminds. Know where to give your charity.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to Off track abit, is there a way to purchase prepaid broadband sim card for mobile wifi devices? (mifi) at the airport? looking for the Truemove H which seems to have the best speed and how much does it cost?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Bedok Central to Chai Chee, to Old airport Rd, to Chinatown... all over Singapoe i see these tissue paper beggars.
I make a point to give them a $1... if they have good manners i give them $2.
Sinkieland is full of beggars. What a shitty country!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not masterminds.
Some are begging to get money for their next fix. Their appearance give them away.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Bedok Central to Chai Chee, to Old airport Rd, to Chinatown... all over Singapoe i see these tissue paper beggars.
I make a point to give them a $1... if they have good manners i give them $2.
Sinkieland is full of beggars. What a shitty country!

Oi! Don't insult my beloved Singapore. :mad: