• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you belief Ex-SLA cheater is only 1 of the thousand cheaters in governme

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"] Ex-SLA manager charged with 27 more offences[/COLOR]
By Elena Chong, Courts Correspondent

A FORMER Singapore Land Authority (SLA) manager accused of cheating the Government of $11.8 million was further charged with 27 counts involving $1.87 million.

This brings the total number of charges against Lim Chai Meng to 264.

One of Lim's alleged accomplices, Koh Seah Wee, 40, then deputy director in SLA's technology and infrastructure department, has already been charged with 249 counts of cheating and other offences.

The 37-year-old Lim was remanded again for another week as the prosecution said investigations were continuing.

Clad in a red polo T-shirt, he appeared calm when the new charges were read to him.

Court documents showed that he allegedly used his ill-gotten gains to buy two properties along Tanah Merah Kechil Avenue off New Upper Changi Road, five cars, three watches and unit trusts. He also deposited money into the bank accounts of his family members.

He allegedly used about $321,000 to finance the purchases of a condominium at Optima @ Tanah Merah and a house between April and September last year.

Among the cars he bought were a Porsche and a Ferrari.

He also allegedly concealed a sum of $32,322 in June this year when he and his wife, Madam Tina Gow Poh Choo, handed the money to her nephew for safekeeping.

Lim is also said to have transferred sums of $20,000 to $347,670 into mainly fixed deposit accounts with United Overseas Bank, OCBC Bank and DBS Bank on six occasions.

The deposits that he allegedly made into the accounts of his three children - two sons and a daughter - his wife and mother-in-law Aw Lian Imm totalled $279,750. The sums ranged from $10,000 to $79,750.

In an unrelated cheating charge, Lim is alleged to have conspired with one Lim Seow Fong to cheat Sing Investments last November by deceiving it into believing that he was working as a consultant at Nitaki Machine Movers drawing a $20,000 monthly salary when he was not, and thus dishonestly induced the company to grant him a loan of $350,000.

Lim was charged a week ago with former swimming instructor Ho Yen Teck, 31, who is accused of 195 charges of cheating the SLA of $9.8 million.

The duo are said to have conspired with Koh to render false invoices through various entities for fictitious IT maintenance services and goods which were not delivered.

The transactions took place between January 2008 and March this year.

Koh has been remanded as he could not raise the $1.5 million bail. Neither did Ho post bail of $100,000 offered to him last week.

If convicted, the trio can be jailed for up to 10 years and fined on each count of cheating.

The maximum penalty for an offence under the Corruption, Drug Trafficking and Other Serious Crimes (Confiscation of Benefits) Act is a fine of up to $500,000 and seven years' jail.

Lim, who is represented by Mr Subhas Anandan, will appear in court again next Wednesday.

When contacted, Lim's wife, a property agent, declined comment and directed queries to Lim's lawyer instead.

[email protected]

Where some of the $1.8m went

# $321,000

Lim allegedly used this amount to finance the purchases of a condominium at Optima @ Tanah Merah and a house.

# $32,322

He and his wife allegedly passed this sum to their nephew in order to conceal it.

# $20,000 to $350,000

Lim allegedly transferred these sums into fixed deposit accounts on six occasions.

# $280,000

He allegedly put this total sum into the bank accounts of his wife, mother-in-law and three children.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How about the act of acquiring acres of land for $1 and then selling it to peasants at $1000 psf? Is that counted as cheating?

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the act of acquiring acres of land for $1 and then selling it to peasants at $1000 psf? Is that counted as cheating?

Personally I call it daylight robbery. But they call it matters of state and government policy. :mad:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you consider nepotism and cronyism as cheating? You only have to look at the number of projects handed out to PAP dogs to know that such acts are endemic in Singapore. Without independent checks and balances we will never know. Let's vote out the PAPies from government and then we can find out the truth.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about buying land in a foreign country ahead of a policy announcement that would cause the value of this land to increase substantially?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
why isn't that loser civil servant's wife and mil charged as well?? no way they dun know the $ they received is ill-gotten $.

:mad:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
What about buying land in a foreign country ahead of a policy announcement that would cause the value of this land to increase substantially?

Alamek! How many times I have to tell you not to make people nervous here? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean by this thread title ? Ex-SLA cheater is only 1 of the thousand cheaters in governme

I think you can either say "Ex-SLA cheater is only cheater in governme"

or "Ex-SLA cheater is 1 of the thousand cheaters in governme"

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamek! How many times I have to tell you not to make people nervous here? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

n557007785_585455_4814.jpg

Nervous ... who said I am nervous. I am not nervous....not nervous at all. Nothing to be nervous about. Let's move on ... I am more concerend why kaki-nang will release pictures of me and my octopus hand all over a chio-bu.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the act of paying themselves extremely high salaries and then cook the GDP figure to get even more? Is that counted as cheating?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nervous ... who said I am nervous. I am not nervous....not nervous at all. Nothing to be nervous about. Let's move on ... I am more concerend why kaki-nang will release pictures of me and my octopus hand all over a chio-bu.

MBT : YOU cannot prove conclusively that the hand over at that woman's waist belongs to ME:mad: It is possible and feasible that there is another man squatting down behind her (whose face is not captured in this pic) puts his hand on the woman's waist. YOU anyhow say, I sue only til you pok kai ok:mad:

Tan Kim Kim

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi GMS :biggrin: try harder:biggrin::biggrin:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't harbouring criminals a crime too?

Just imagine how many of those foreigners who come to buy these multi million dollars properties got their money through corruption and cheating.

Why are they so reluctant to sign the extradition treaty with Indonesia?

An example is those Burmese buying condos here-how can people from one of the poorest countries in the world buy properties that are one of the most expensive in the world?

Do we serve NS to protect these corrupt people and their dirty monies?

Why should our best real estate be sold to foreigners with dirty money while locals have to slog up to 62 years old to pay off the mortgage on their overpriced pigeonholes?

Last edited: