• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you ‘Feel Like Foreigners’ in your Own Country

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diversity in the Singapore had been primarily driven by mass immigration 50-100 years ago. We spent the 1970-90s integrating the various races. Roti-prata is my favourite breakfast being a Chinese, born in Singapore and I trust my Malay bunkmates in ICT more than the young dishonest PRC punk who is really there to serve n fuck off.

Then the floodgates re-opened in the early 2000s.

Prefered MNCs are free to bring in unlimited foreign-headcounts. Even F&B establishments like Haidilao enjoys almost unlimited quota foreign-worker quota while local competitor struggled. Some local employees feel isolated in their workplace while their foreign-superiors bring in their own kind and discriminate those with ICT obligations. In these MNCs, capable Singaporeans report to the foreign-bosses and Malaysian-born. Don't believe? Ask the Japanese and 3M. Even our stat boards hire Filipinos in their HR functions to fug locals.

Many local-born are derived of schooling in preferred primary school despite their daddies or granddads having served NS, while foreigners continued to gain entry into elite primary schools or ASEAN, Indian, China scholars studied for almost free and bond-free in our schools and universities. WTF??? We are raising other people's children at the expense of ours.

Last weekend, I dined at Buffettown and the oyster counter staff demanded me to speak Chinese RUDELY when all I did was to ask where the oysters were from. In many workplaces and communities, there is this isolating feeling being locally-born. It sucks when you have no one to speak to or have others tell you that they can't understand you because of your accent. Sounds familiar?

I can't help feeling very racist. I am a chinese, yet I can't stand the Chinese from China or Indonesia who jumped my supermarket queue, (males) walking around topless in my neighbourhood, their kids sticking together and deprive my child at the local playground, treating Singapore like their vassal state.

My country's policymakers negatively associated locals as "xenophobic" when we flag that we are unfairly-treated in Singapore. But that’s not me, man. I know they aren’t bad people. They’re just sticking together like any of us would. My grandparents were immigrants from Malaysia and China. I grew up in Singapore. In the course of my work, I made friends from all over the world.

This is reality. We have became a minority in our own homeland.

Last edited:

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disagree to the hilt and not really true...we feel alienated because our country men, mostly Singaporean Chinese, have some logic defying characteristics that are not seen in other nationalities like tiongs, amdk, koreans, japs, thais, etc...

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you expect when 30% of the population consists of non citizens?

Extra infrasturcture, including housing & transportation, are needed to be fixed to accommodate the 5.5m population.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diversity in the Singapore has been primarily driven by mass immigration 50-100 years ago. We spent the 1970-90s integrating the various races. Roti-prata is my favourite breakfast being a Chinese, born in Singapore and I trust my Malay bunkmates in ICT more than the young dishonest PRC punk who is really there to serve n fuck off.

Then the floodgates re-opened in the early 2000s.

Prefered MNCs are free to bring in unlimited foreign-headcounts. Even F&B establishments like Haidilao enjoys almost unlimited quota foreign-worker quota while local competitor struggled. Some local employees feel isolated in their workplace while their foreign-superiors bring in their own kind and discriminate those with ICT obligations. In these MNCs, capable Singaporeans report to the foreign-bosses and Malaysian-born. Don't believe? Ask the Japanese and 3M. Even our stat boards hire Filipinos in their HR functions to fug locals.

Many local-born are derived of schooling in preferred primary school despite their daddies or granddads having served NS, while foreigners continued to gain entry into elite primary schools or ASEAN, Indian, China scholars studied for almost free and bond-free in our schools and universities. WTF??? We are raising other people's children at the expense of ours.

Last weekend, I dined at Buffettown and the oyster counter staff demanded me to speak Chinese RUDELY when all I did was to ask where the oysters are from. In many workplaces and communities, there is this isolating feeling being either locally-born. It sucks when you have no one to speak to or have others tell you that they can't understand you because of your accent. Sounds familiar?

I can't help feeling very racist. I am a chinese, yet I can't stand the Chinese from China or Indonesia who jumped my supermarket queue, (males) walking around topless in my neighbourhood, their kids sticking together and deprive my child at the local playground, treating Singapore like their vassal state.

My country's policymakers negatively associated locals as "xenophobic" when we flag that we are unfairly-treated in Singapore. But that’s not me, man. I know they aren’t bad people. They’re just sticking together like any of us would. My grandparents were immigrants from Malaysia and China. I grew up in Singapore. In the course of my work, I made friends from all over the world.

This is reality. We have became a minority in our own homeland.
Who did u n yr family vote for?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies are weird, lemming-like and sheepishly selfish. all weird, lemming-like, and sheepishly selfish species becum sextinct prematurely. such low-esteem, low-life, low-ses ghetto culture and behavior must pave way for foreigners to take over and sexterminate.
1558922855503.png

1558922999365.png
1558922981414.png

1558923059654.png

1558923074506.png

1558923092879.png

1558923116611.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
70% of Sinkies are okay with this.

Population-White-paper.jpg

And judging from the 'masterplans' for public housing, public infrastructure (e.g. Murnane water pipeline) and future MRT lines, expect the population to soar beyond 6.9 million. :whistling:

Enjoy your 'strong Singaporean core'... whatever that means. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Sinkies brought to them this current state of affairs by themselves. Why blame the foreigners? Give them a little gst and utilities voucher, all machiam blind and vote PAP. Lol :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
70% of Sinkies are okay with this.

Population-White-paper.jpg

And judging from the 'masterplans' for public housing, public infrastructure (e.g. Murnane water pipeline) and future MRT lines, expect the population to soar beyond 6.9 million. :whistling:

Enjoy your 'strong Singaporean core'... whatever that means. :biggrin:
Bro, anyone who is willing to buy my property and contribute CPF is a strong Singaporean core. Good enough for me. :cool: