• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do we Bash the West?

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh, graciousness, hello, you are being ethnocentric ... this is their culture ... do not judge people using your own rules ... ie they have been spitting anywhere their entire lives ... and it is not considered ungracious over there, so how can you judge them based on your own rules.

thats why got SARS ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
western media reported that the policemen look stern & unfriendly ... lighten up ! they say ...

i understand the need to maintain security amidst threats of terrorism ...

but theres a eerie similarity between the way mainland does things & s'pore govt way of doing things ... too serious & always wanting perfection ...

IN bangkok, i stay away from sinkies, after knowing some china chinese, i found that they behave quite similar to those sinkies. And now they are on my ban list too.

This Olympic event clearly tells me that i am right.

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, you are right, but that is besides the point, and they knows this now, and slowly are making the changes.

(This is in reply to the Sars statement)

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I suppose you have never seen Westerners or the other races rushing to Queues, when they are in front of alot of Asians, they will not do it, bcos they think they are high and almighty. When they are with their own kind ... it is like heck ....

So you are saying the chinese are more honest in shaming themselves and at this extend to the whole world. Well Done!!!

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand where you are coming from, actually I am proud of the similarity ... ie the authocratic rule .... I believe things can only get done when the decision are made fast and decisively. No point letting people who are not qualified make decision. And I believe our govt sincerely believe what they do is for the good of the country as a whole and not for specific people. That is good enough for me.

I different from you feel proud that the Chinese can produce something that has made the Westerners jealous, thus all this bashing

fast & decisive ? this is not medical field ... or engineering field where precision/accuracy/perfection is a matter of life & death ... this is the freaking olympic games ! so what if a little girl who sings well has bad teeth ? after all those are 'milk teeth' that will fall off as she grows up ... isnt it the chinese who have a saying 'girls when they reach 18, change & blossom' ? give her time to bloom from ugly duckling to swan ... gosh !

this old chinese-ed auntie (colleague) at my office said the olympics is 'wo men zhong guo ren de jiao ao' ... at other times, she will grumble abt the pretty china mei meis outside the ktv near her home for fear they will lure her old husband into their lair ... wtf ... :rolleyes:

Temujin

Alfrescian
Loyal
fast & decisive ? this is not medical field ... or engineering field where precision/accuracy/perfection is a matter of life & death ... this is the freaking olympic games ! so what if a little girl who sings well has bad teeth ? after all those are 'milk teeth' that will fall off as she grows up ... isnt it the chinese who have a saying 'girls when they reach 18, change & blossom' ? give her time to bloom from ugly duckling to swan ... gosh !

this old chinese-ed auntie (colleague) at my office said the olympics is 'wo men zhong guo ren de jiao ao' ... at other times, she will grumble abt the pretty china mei meis outside the ktv near her home for fear they will lure her old husband into their lair ... wtf ... :rolleyes:

Brother, I not referiing to Olympics when I say fast and decisive ... Imeant the policies.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way china did is utter disgrace. The west is right to bash china.

Anyone with a first world mind will know the way china use its 3rd world tatic is utterly disgrace.

It is alright to throw insults at the cheaters, and the cheating. It is NOT alright to insult a whole country and an entire gene pool based on that!

Now do you understand the difference?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is alright to throw insults at the cheaters, and the cheating. It is NOT alright to insult a whole country and an entire gene pool based on that!

Now do you understand the difference?

They put an ass for such important event that represent the whole country, the people are at fault too.

Same as those sinkie in your sinkieland that put a sinkie in the govt that screw the whole country, so whose fault, the whole lot of the sinkies' fault.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is none of Mr Khoo Kah Liang's business. It is something between China and the Western media.

I no love China. So I tend not to symphatize with China or Mr Khoo Kah Liang. :biggrin:

Mr Khoo Kah Liang seems to be pro-China based on the letter. :rolleyes:

He is pro-Chinese. Most Chinese are proud that China is hosting the Olympics. It is one thing to criticise the Chinese government. It is another to incessantly criticise the effort and hopes of many who want the event to be a huge success. If the event was being hosted by some western country, would there be this obsession to find fault with everything that they feel is wrong? I can understand people being highly critical of the Chinese government but to simply dismiss the willing contribution of so many ordinary people is just bigotry.

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what if a little girl who sings well has bad teeth ? after all those are 'milk teeth' that will fall off as she grows up ... isnt it the chinese who have a saying 'girls when they reach 18, change & blossom' ? give her time to bloom from ugly duckling to swan ... gosh !

Yang Peiyi may not have had the chance to sing if they had decided to simply go with the best looking girl, Lin Miaoke. But I agree with you that this is a really bad decision on their part. Perfection should never be achieved through the use of deception.

There is nothing wrong with the aunty feeling proud of China hosting the Olympics. Being proud of one's roots has nothing to do with acknowledging that there are bad elements in society (just like you accept that there are both good and bad things that will happen in life).

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing to bash.

Well, he listed enough points for anyone, regardless of his race, to continue their bashing of the Olympics.

Defeats the purpose of his article anyhow, and makes a mockery of himself. If this was published in the Australian, or Sydney Morning Herald, the letters returning back fire would be filled with complete sarcasm and irony.