• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do u know EZLINK CARD has expiry date?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is incredibly ridiculous!! and our gov is actually letting this kind of business without stopping them.

it's been a long time since i use my EZLINK card for public transport. 2day, went to top up n printed the receipt. to my surprise, below the receipt stated the "expiry date" of my card which is very soon.

wtf!! what happens after that?

do i need to buy another new ezlink card? there is a deposit of $5 which is non-refundable. then u top up your card with more cash. so if u r buying $10 worth of fare, ur initial capital layout would be $15 ($5 compulsory charge for the new card which isn't added into your fare value).

how could our gov allow this type of "daylight"robbery and unfair business practice to continue? we are already paying a big lump sum in one shot. the usual practice would be pay only with cash as u take public transport. now it's pay in ONE BIG SUM and slowly utilise the amount.

for those who do not know about this, pls check the EXPIRY DATE by printing a receipt after u pay by NETS.

hope u r not as abnoxiously shocked like me :oIo:

kt88_2

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is incredibly ridiculous!! and our gov is actually letting this kind of business without stopping them.

it's been a long time since i use my EZLINK card for public transport. 2day, went to top up n printed the receipt. to my surprise, below the receipt stated the "expiry date" of my card which is very soon.

wtf!! what happens after that?

do i need to buy another new ezlink card? there is a deposit of $5 which is non-refundable. then u top up your card with more cash. so if u r buying $10 worth of fare, ur initial capital layout would be $15 ($5 compulsory charge for the new card which isn't added into your fare value).

how could our gov allow this type of "daylight"robbery and unfair business practice to continue? we are already paying a big lump sum in one shot. the usual practice would be pay only with cash as u take public transport. now it's pay in ONE BIG SUM and slowly utilise the amount.

for those who do not know about this, pls check the EXPIRY DATE by printing a receipt after u pay by NETS.

hope u r not as abnoxiously shocked like me :oIo:

Like this can make profit ,imagine 5million cards equivalent to 25 million dollars,n worse us mrt breakdown,tax payer money use to buy buses n repair mrt,so what happen to pass profit,where did it go to,the mrt ex staff should return all the salaries paid,what the hell is happening,PM also act blur,sad

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to pay and buy the card. You have to pay deposit to maintain it. Yet if you don't use if for sometime it can be expired. Do they know the meaning of buy and deposit? You own it and have deposit on it. How can they expire it? Is it legal?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ummm... KNN just bought 2 early this year so when will expired hah? KNN, SMRT and PAP FUCKING CHEAPSKATE. Lim Peh lim kopi money also want to cheat?

JigSAW

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boh Leh. It say 1000 0900 0816 XXXX and follow by small WD921/FGR

Sorry bro my mistake, you have to do a top up and get a receipt from the machine. It's written on it. Another way I think have to go to their official website. Do correct me if I'm wrong again.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can the deposite for the card like cash card/ezlink refund back?
I have nearly 10 of them.
Best still credit card free also no people interested. But cash card/ez link lan lan need to pay no need begging by the promoter/agent to apply.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh dear, I wonder what else is next. Could the relevant security agencies be also tracking our daily movements? I am profoundly shocked :rolleyes:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like this can make profit ,imagine 5million cards equivalent to 25 million dollars,n worse us mrt breakdown,tax payer money use to buy buses n repair mrt,so what happen to pass profit,where did it go to,the mrt ex staff should return all the salaries paid,what the hell is happening,PM also act blur,sad

the crux is these EZLINK CARDS cums with expiry date. once due, i guess the holder must pay another $5 for a new card. now wtf is this kind of daylight robbery business?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can the deposite for the card like cash card/ezlink refund back?
I have nearly 10 of them.
Best still credit card free also no people interested. But cash card/ez link lan lan need to pay no need begging by the promoter/agent to apply.

sorry NO REFUND. the $5 is they fixed and confirmed to eat u. when it's expired, they shall eat u another $5 for a new card :( by right, they should exchange a new with the old card without any extra charge.

it gets to show our gov is just part of the daylight robbery mafia bleeding singaporeans high and dry.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry bro my mistake, you have to do a top up and get a receipt from the machine. It's written on it. Another way I think have to go to their official website. Do correct me if I'm wrong again.
Hehehe. Bought these cards for myself and gf to go jalan jalan. But really no idea about the expiry dates. Hope to come back for a short break soon and use it again. :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry NO REFUND. the $5 is they fixed and confirmed to eat u. when it's expired, they shall eat u another $5 for a new card :( by right, they should exchange a new with the old card without any extra charge.

it gets to show our gov is just part of the daylight robbery mafia bleeding singaporeans high and dry.

The 60% allow, the 40% disapprovingly suffers!, time to increase the percentage...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have to pay and buy the card. You have to pay deposit to maintain it. Yet if you don't use if for sometime it can be expired. Do they know the meaning of buy and deposit? You own it and have deposit on it. How can they expire it? Is it legal?

some gov-linked agency like NTUC or CUNT which is more appropriate name will even zap your link pts accumulated when it expires every june. it's really a very cheapskate behaviour that CUNT who claims to be for the members would do such thing to "eat away" all your accumulated points. some cashiers dun even bother to alert u to use up the points b4 expiry.

many people even the CUNT members might not be aware about such despicable and unprofessional practice which our gov allows it to proliferate.