• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do Christians really give 10% of salary to the church??

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wat crap u talking? God does not need money,,I do,,and I have to look after myself 1st,,,Jesus never ask for tithes, God means alot to me, but i still need to eat, pay bills etc,,,everyone needs to work to earn a living,,,if God let me strike toto 1st prize,,I donate 10%,,,

$2.00 only? so cheap sake? God is worth so little to you. $2 cannot even buy the word 福 to paste on the door of your house.

Do you know the word 福 is linked to 神。Look at the same left radical of 神 and 福 字 which is the radical for God.

福 means blessing and blessing come from God.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those dumbfucks who tithe...I wonder how many will give 10% to their parents.
They are paying bonuses and luxury lifestyle of the false prophet.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
People already give money to God long before Jesus. Read Old Testament.

People did give money to Jesus and his tribes just that it was not mentioned in the Bible. Jesus is Son of God, not God. Even God ask for money in the Old Testament. No money no God.

The only different is that whatever money you have on this earth stays in this earth.

Yes God does not need money that is why you don't take your money with you after you die. Logical thinking?

Money is a form of 贝 value (tangible) to exchange your hard labour (intangible) if you need the money to feed your family and yourself.

Just remember this Chinese proverb 无事不登三宝殿 which may mean a lot to you if you need it. Please lah give more than $2.00, mai suay kuan. $2 maybe 20 years ago is a lot of money. Give $20 a week 算不什麽。

Wat crap u talking? God does not need money,,I do,,and I have to look after myself 1st,,,Jesus never ask for tithes, God means alot to me, but i still need to eat, pay bills etc,,,everyone needs to work to earn a living,,,if God let me strike toto 1st prize,,I donate 10%,,,

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jesus was asked asked, Is it lawful to pay taxes? and the reply is Render the things that are Caesar's to Caesar and God's to God.

So God does not need money,,I do...

People already give money to God long before Jesus. Read Old Testament.

People did give money to Jesus and his tribes just that it was not mentioned in the Bible. Jesus is Son of God, not God. Even God ask for money in the Old Testament. No money no God.

The only different is that whatever money you have on this earth stays in this earth.

Yes God does not need money that is why you don't take your money with you after you die. Logical thinking?

Money is a form of 贝 value (tangible) to exchange your hard labour (intangible) if you need the money to feed your family and yourself.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jesus was asked asked, Is it lawful to pay taxes? and the reply is Render the things that are Caesar's to Caesar and God's to God.

Well said...also from the bible...

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

Matthew 6:19-20

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is Luke 20:25. It does not mean that way.

It means if you have to pay tax to Caesar you have to pay to Caesar, not use tax money to give to God. Also mean if you buy something worth $1,000 but the seller short change you and the goods is worth only $500 then this verse can be use metaphorically to means 'give me what is worth the value, don't short change me'.

Or it can be vice versa, things belong to God stays in God like righteous belong to God, and tax money belong to Caesar give it to Caesar, there is a different?

Hey hello! you can check this out with your pastor?

Last edited:

tanny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think there is a difference between Catholic and Christian churches like CHC!! One is stuck in the middle ages and the other is Gen Y centric. I think Catholic church still pass the collection bag around whereas CHC...they already GIRO the process!!

How about Lighthouse? Is Rony Tan a good man?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the Church goers are rich who can afford to donate 10% of their income.
The real motives these people going to Church is not to understand God and learn his teachings.

To someone who earn less than $1000 a month, 10% is already quite a big sum of $$$.
This amount can already put food on the table for a few days.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Organized religions are just another tool to control the population.

See this pyramid and know your place in the grand scheme of things.

illuminati_pyramid_organization.jpg

Tunmasek

Alfrescian
Loyal
That rule was made up by CHC. Used to be a member until Sun Ho started her singing career. It put me off when they told lies that she was never called "Pastor Sun". During that time, I still had pamphlets from CHC which included both names "Pastor Kong" and "Pastor Sun".

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's tithing a.k.a giving a tithe.

On top of that, they also have offerings which is separate from a tithe: a collection bag or plate is passed around during a service and people put money into/onto it.

Also, they may also have various mission funds or building funds where they donate more money.

Now you know why Kong Hee, Lawrence Khong and Joseph Prince etc got so rich. :wink:

Kong Hee saw too money money being donated freely he became corrupted!!
He doesn't follow what he preached!!

Chinese saying "Eat Money"

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

lianbeng replies: u hypocrite! u have answered right! go n do likewise! :biggrin: Jesus was the Son of God born as a Man so that He could die for men! as a Son of God He represented God on Earth, so as a Son of Man, He must do what all men must do! He was trying to shut the mouths of those hypocrite religious leaders namely Pharisees n Sadducees of His time!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give 10% of salary is it after CPF & Tax or gross salary?
Im ok with tithing but it should be given thru a happy heart not with reluctance.

But if dumb CHC members wants to give more (in hoping they strike toto blessings in return), give lor. If they want to buy whore sun's hit album, then buy lor, though its a waste of money. If they still think their Conman pastor didnt do anything wrong in the sham bond circus, then its best they have their faith severely tested again.

lianbeng replies: whether the 10% is before or after CPF deduction or not is not clear coz not stated in the Bible lah so cannot anyhow say mah! :biggrin: but God loves a cheerful giver is written therein! if not happy to give dun give lah dun force urself or pretend to be happy!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So that means Christians must give tithes to the likes of Kong heee?

This is Luke 20:25. It does not mean that way.

It means if you have to pay tax to Caesar you have to pay to Caesar, not use tax money to give to God. Also mean if you buy something worth $1,000 but the seller short change you and the goods is worth only $500 then this verse can be use metaphorically to means 'give me what is worth the value, don't short change me'.

Or it can be vice versa, things belong to God stays in God like righteous belong to God, and tax money belong to Caesar give it to Caesar, there is a different?

Hey hello! you can check this out with your pastor?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes u r right. But we all need to earn a living and survive. How many of us forumners have accumulated such wealth like boss Sam and his pappie masters that have wealth for the next 5 generations? Even if I accumulate wealth and leave a flat for my children. Or some cash like 20k. Is that the sort of money that deserves condemnation? Is it wrong to accumulate wealth for the family? N I don't mean the obscene amount like lky has.

The reason for that verse is telling Christians not to be slave to money but to be Christlike in our lives. Money r like maids. Good servant bad master. Ppl need to eat n earn a living.

Well said...also from the bible...

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."

Matthew 6:19-20

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arent the likes of Kong hee the new 21st century pharasees and Sadducees?

Aren't the likes of Kong Hee the false prophets the bible mention?

And can't believe the clowns still happy to give 10% or whatever to him.

lianbeng replies: u hypocrite! u have answered right! go n do likewise! :biggrin: Jesus was the Son of God born as a Man so that He could die for men! as a Son of God He represented God on Earth, so as a Son of Man, He must do what all men must do! He was trying to shut the mouths of those hypocrite religious leaders namely Pharisees n Sadducees of His time!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arent the likes of Kong hee the new 21st century pharasees and Sadducees?

Aren't the likes of Kong Hee the false prophets the bible mention?

And can't believe the clowns still happy to give 10% or whatever to him.

lianbeng replies: Jesus looked and observed as people put money into the temple treasury! then a poor widow also came n put in 2 coins and immediately Jesus commended her to His disciples, "this widow gave out of her livelihood while the rest gave out of abundance!" :biggrin: she had only 2 dimes left for her livelihood but she gave it to the temple anyway. those hypocrites must learn from that poor widow!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I guess what I have said you have agreed so far.

Kong Hee aside, give whatever you feel like to support the survival of the church. Don't be kiam siap give $2 only give $100 a week. Even government and Kings give tithes to religious group in the form of tax free. It is self survival for the church and temples from alms received by their believers.

Must agree some church received too many tithes but did not give away to help the poor. Churches like CHC do not need to build big auditorium with latest multi-media technology to sing God's praise and preached their sermons. Over excess use of God money for God makes not God not happy and Sodom and Gomorro to pastor Kong Hee.

See how God deal with Kong Hee today? Luke 20:25 Render to Caesar things which are Caesar and to God things which belong to God. Meaning tithes money is for God and belong to God and is for helping the poor and needy. Sun Ho and Kong Hee take salaries from the church and money to Caesar belong to Caesar.

How much did CHC to give to poor in Singapore and the cleaning plates Ah Soh in hawker centres or do missionaries work?

So that means Christians must give tithes to the likes of Kong heee?

Last edited: