• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Diva Ayi Jihu Swaps Dishes For Stage

Taishi Ci

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Diva Ayi Jihu Swaps Dishes For Stage

A 25-year-old waitress from Cambridge has become a singing sensation in China, selling 100m records to make her one of the world's biggest-selling artists.

15724585.jpg

Ayi is launching her UK career at the end of September

Ayi Jihu is known as the Chinese Madonna for the raunchy R&B numbers that have made her such a hit in her homeland. The dishy diva gave up her £4-an-hour job in the family restaurant The Ugly Duckling in order to chase her dream of a career as a singer.

15724587.jpg

The singer with her family at the Cambridge restaurant

The strategy clearly worked for the girl who was born in a rural village in Sichuan and came to Britain when she was 13. Her success, promoter Steve Eagle E says, is based on timing beauty and talent - and her enthusiasm for R&B and Hip Hop - with her big break coming from her appearance as an extra in a music video for rapper Fugitive.

AYI JIHU CHINESE MADONNA

She was subsequently signed up to a record deal and then flown out to China. Ayi readily admits her music career is a great deal better than her work as a dishwasher in the restaurant. "Washing up was such hard work. I had to work every weekend to get some pocket money.

15724586.jpg

Ayi Jihu as a child in China with her grandmother and little brother

"I was very glad when I was old enough to be a waitress.
"I used to sing and dance for the customers. It's all I ever wanted to do."