• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Discrimination shown by the government towards Singaporeans who study overseas

geylangkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on your University and which country you graduated from lah.

This is a thought that I have for a long time and just want to express it on this forum. In recent weeks, I have read on various articles that the government is trying to discourage various forms of discrimination in the workplace. Examples: Cannot discriminate against pregnant ladies as they wish to promote procreation among Singaporeans. When placing job advertisements in the newspaper, they cannot include criteria like Only Chinese needs to apply.

When I read these, I feel that the government is being very hypocritical. I'm not sure if you notice, but if you look at the public sector, most of the jobs filled is by local graduates from NTU, SMU and NUS. To start off, I have a foreign degree in finance with very good grades. When I first started looking for a job a few years ago after graduating, I apply for jobs both in the public and private sectors. However, I did not manage to get any interviews request from the public sector. You may question if this is due to my inexperience. NOT TRUE!! I have a few friends who graduated from the local uni at the same time and we apply for the same jobs. Their results is pretty average but it seems that they manage to get interviews with a couple of them being offered a position!!!

This to me is discrimination at the highest!!! There seems to be an unspoken rule that if there is 2 person with equal ability in applying a government job, the preference is to select the one who graduated locally. Eventually, I manage to get a job in a foreign bank and when I check with my cohort a few months later, it seems none of my cohort has got a position in the public sector.

I will just like to hear if anyone out experience the same situation or feel the same way that I do. I'm not trying to say that local grads are not good or foreign students are better. All I'm trying to fight for is an equal opportunity for those who study overseas. I see that those who study overseas in the government sectors are those high fliers who get a scholarship. If you don't belong to this category, it's hard to get a job in the government.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, have any of you old people go visit NTU, NUS lately? KNN, over run by FTs already! Even the entire NTU / NUS facilities are staffed by FTs! PAP is secretly replacing Singaporeans, and everyone dreaming... if this time round, the PAP have it's say, I can tell you, Singaporeans will be diluted by FTs newly recruited and granted citizenship... the new citizens will be grateful, and vote you know who.

VOTE FOR OPPOSITION!!! VOTE FOR YOUR VOICES TO BE HEARD IN PARLIAMENT!!! VOTE IN THE NAME OF DEMOCRACY!!! VOTE OUT THE PARTY WHICH CONSIDER THE PEOPLE OF SINGAPORE DAFT (Serfs, Peon, lesser Mortals...) If you have enough of the crap, do something... do not destroy your vote, or be fearful, your vote is secret.