• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Diploma and Degree Holders

72Virgins

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie study so hard to get a Diploma and Degree but how many actually work in the profession they have studied? Are we studying for the sake of studying?

Some even setup own business or take over parents food stall business. So, really what's the point of getting a Diploma or Degree? Might as well just start working and make money instead wasting money torturing your brain.

Foreign Trash already taken our jobs with fake Degrees so what's the point of to NUS/NTU even they are rank so high. Employers don't hire based on the ranking of the University(That's a fact!).

Any samster wanna share what you do your Diploma/Degree? Are you tired of what you are doing?
Is it worth the shit to get a Diploma / Degree?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If u hv read some of my threads, I hv a eletrical diploma fm a local polytechnic but work as a non artistic living statue that are allowed to move a bit type :p

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You study to gain knowledge not to land a job.
A degree / diploma is not a means to an end. Only sinkies think that way.

And last thing.....a local poly diploma is not a real diploma but only a technical diploma....know the difference.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie study so hard to get a Diploma and Degree but how many actually work in the profession they have studied? Are we studying for the sake of studying?

Some even setup own business or take over parents food stall business. So, really what's the point of getting a Diploma or Degree? Might as well just start working and make money instead wasting money torturing your brain.

Foreign Trash already taken our jobs with fake Degrees so what's the point of to NUS/NTU even they are rank so high. Employers don't hire based on the ranking of the University(That's a fact!).

Any samster wanna share what you do your Diploma/Degree? Are you tired of what you are doing?
Is it worth the shit to get a Diploma / Degree?

Funny thiing is PAP does not give a hoot to f trashes cheating like hell in getting a job!! Nishi of IDA still making good living outta of the pains of local PMEs, so is Premanjalik Gupt who even got the gumption to scold all sgian "shits" after stealing our jobs & renting her common room with FDW or maid service thrown int - against the law & does not pay income tax on her rental income!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
You study to gain knowledge not to land a job.
A degree / diploma is not a means to an end. Only sinkies think that way.

And last thing.....a local poly diploma is not a real diploma but only a technical diploma....know the difference.

can knowledge keep body & soul together??? what is knowledge without any means of livelihood??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I studied overseas to widen my horizons. I learned about how people lived in democracies & really got an insight into how screwed up Spore is:smile:

I did plenty of part-time work around campus. This experience helped me to network & land future jobs because after I graduated, I already had plenty to include in my resume with many written recommendation from ex-employers.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I studied overseas to widen my horizons. I learned about how people lived in democracies & really got an insight into how screwed up Spore is:smile:

I did plenty of part-time work around campus. This experience helped me to network & land future jobs because after I graduated, I already had plenty to include in my resume with many written recommendation from ex-employers.

The best way to widen your horizons is to join SAF as a scholar. You not only get the chance to widen your horizons via free overseas trips and studies as well as various attachments.

The best part is you will be installed in a position where you can widen other people's horizons. You can teach people to do things which you yourself have zero experience. You can teach entrepreneurship and talk out loud while hiding behind a fat pension scheme. You can even command the air force even though you don't how to fly a plane.

SAF is the best.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ideally, if one wishes to study, it should be the love of studying, or at least the love of the subject/field of study. I speak for myself and the generation whose parents pushed us to excel at getting good grades at school. We studied because our parents wanted us to get good jobs in aircoditioned offices, and not work outdoor under the hot sun, like our coolie ancestors. They were there because they did not have the paper qualitifications. Our dear mothers could not bear to see their children subjected to those torturous and unrewarding jobs, and did everything they could to better our chances of getting the paper qualification to land better jobs.

As and example, I went into engineering at university because my parents viewed engineers as people with good salary, and job satisfaction. But they never knew how I struggled with mathematics at school and in university (fuck, it was horrendous!). I should have become an Arts major; Law would have been more suitable to major in for me (especially more so that people hate lawyers!). Fuck, anyways, I graduated in engineering and my first job was at a downstream hydrocarbons processing facility. I HATED the job and the PEOPLE there. Bunch of helicopter jerks. They don't listen to rock music, or like motorcycles, or even into science fiction. All day long, they'd discuss about their flat renovation issues, and ASTM codes. Fucking pricks! And converse in mandarin among themselves! I was glad to get out of there when I submitted my letter of resignation immediately uopn confirmation. Through a regular visitor (the salesman) for our photocopy machine) I was talked into sales and became a much happier person in a sales position - outdoors. visiting clients all over the island, happy hours. Dropping in on companies with good looking receptionists. Attending seminars in Malaysia, Thailand, even Oz (for product training). My advice to anyone thinking about going into engineering - do it only if you are interested in the field of study. With an engineering qualification, getting an entry level position isn't that difficult. But it helps along the way if you are interested in the field (eg. polymers, materials, construction, power, propulsion). Because if you do not like the subject, you still have to face your duties - everyday! Have fun.

One final note: My ex-boss, a graduate himself, has this to say about tertiary education - "It only delays your entry into the job market." Remember, a job is NOT a career.

Cheers!

Sinkie study so hard to get a Diploma and Degree but how many actually work in the profession they have studied? Are we studying for the sake of studying?.............

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Germany and Japan got their education system right. It's education by apprenticeship. Work and earn plus learn via experience and courses in class.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fools and imbeciles,this country Singapore's economy was crafted out of economic policies based on cheap foreign labour and cheaper better faster,what do u think will happen to the local workforce in the long term??of course they become redundant and irrelevant,this economy was not build to suit us or serve sinkies' needs and capabilities in the first place or the long run,it is build to run on gutter oil and cheap addictives and high octane fuel,now that gutter oil and cheap addictives is plentiful and cheap,do u think the automobile owners would want to go back to using organic,home grown,free range chicken shit sinkies?
we have created a monster that does not suited us in the first place,nor does it need us or require us,we have opened up the pandora's box and stepped into the future,a future that sinkies may not like or find appetising.soon one day sinkies will go the way of the dodo bird and the nokia 8026 handphone......unlike the iphone we do not belong in the future.

it is not too late for sinkies to repent,they must denounce their idol god LKY and beg for Winsemius's forgiveness.Pray that his dead soul will come back and save sinkies from the brimstones of damnation.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not possible here in Singapore. The society adores him. Anyone who says anything bad about him will be punished - not by the authorities, but by the laypeople who feel obligated and a strong sense of mission to protect his good reputation, which by now, is carved in stone.

Example: Last year after his demise, my primary shool aged daughter was asked to write a composition entitled " Why I love LKY." She came to me for help. I asked her, "Do you know who is LKY?" She said no. So I told her to write, " I am unable to write about LKY because I do not know who he is." Obviously, that was not acceptable by her English teacher. So she had to make up a story. I didn't want to make it a lousy school day for her, so I helped her complete the assignment.

Cheers!

..they must denounce their idol god LKY.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Diploma holders are losers. That's why none of them are chosen to be President Scholars.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not possible here in Singapore. The society adores him. Anyone who says anything bad about him will be punished - not by the authorities, but by the laypeople who feel obligated and a strong sense of mission to protect his good reputation, which by now, is carved in stone.

Example: Last year after his demise, my primary shool aged daughter was asked to write a composition entitled " Why I love LKY." She came to me for help. I asked her, "Do you know who is LKY?" She said no. So I told her to write, " I am unable to write about LKY because I do not know who he is." Obviously, that was not acceptable by her English teacher. So she had to make up a story. I didn't want to make it a lousy school day for her, so I helped her complete the assignment.

Cheers!

whats a english teacher doing talking about lky.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you are calling yourself a double loser then?

well said...........

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So you are calling yourself a double loser then?

I am more of a double winner. Successful in career, family life, sex life, good kids. Have you ever seen parents with kids with Down Syndrome or some muscular disease?