• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

different types of salesman

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am sure many bros here have experiences dealing with salesman trying to sell you stuff. many years ago, i came across one, he is not sinkie but a foreigner who came to s'pore and do good in the early years. he is now a multimillionaire and our acquaintance turn into friendship. he is in his 70's now. he is a sole agent for some specific machinery which can cost up to few million of dollars. i remember on one occasion, his customer who is few years younger than him, scolded and insulted him in front of everybody, clients and colleagues at a dinner. he remained calm and smile as natural as before. there is no air of anger from him, he remained humble. eventually, he clinched the deal and made for himself hefty sum of money thru commission. i have not yet encountered sinkie saleman with such trait. i only know if sinkie saleman encounter such difficult customer, he will turn his back and walk away, give up and not continue to deal with the difficult customer.

what are your experiences?:biggrin:

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of a sinkie salesman who encountered a difficult situation...he turned his back and bent down....he didnt give up but he gave it to the difficult customer.

i only know if sinkie saleman encounter such difficult customer, he will turn his back and walk away, give up and not continue to deal with the difficult customer.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sales is a people-skills job. Handling rejections, and difficult questions is part of the job. Although presentation and tact are important aspects of being a salesperson, the "technical" aspects of the job (like product knowledge) is expected in all sales people, but the "personal" touch is what makes the difference. A good salesperson is somewhat thick-skinned. A younger bloke, fresh in the market is sometimes more effective that an older more-seasoned person, because when one is younger, it is less "-face-losing" to be told off by a senior purchaser with more industry knowledge than a fresh green bloke and can take the abuse. Younger blokes also have more energy to bring clients out for "happy-hours" and Karaoke sessions, which when old, have had enough of these time-wasting sessions.

Cheers!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sales is a people-skills job. Handling rejections, and difficult questions is part of the job. Although presentation and tact are important aspects of being a salesperson, the "technical" aspects of the job (like product knowledge) is expected in all sales people, but the "personal" touch is what makes the difference. A good salesperson is somewhat thick-skinned. A younger bloke, fresh in the market is sometimes more effective that an older more-seasoned person, because when one is younger, it is less "-face-losing" to be told off by a senior purchaser with more industry knowledge than a fresh green bloke and can take the abuse. Younger blokes also have more energy to bring clients out for "happy-hours" and Karaoke sessions, which when old, have had enough of these time-wasting sessions.

Cheers!

thanks bro agor but what you said is nothing new...tsk...tsk...:p:biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

When it comes to sales, ladies will have the edge, the more chio ones I mean. Male clients are tee kos and cant resist temptation. Most syts made it in insurance, car sales and in properties coz they have a pussy. My friend had a ONS with a Mercz saleslady and even asked if I was keen. Buy Mercz to have ONS? Crazy.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP Salesman....everyday you turn on Cable you get the darn irritating MEDISHIELD LIFE advertisement...selling you a product, you have no choice but forced to buy by LAW...PAP Salesman, the worst, irritating kind on this earth...like bed bugs, once infested...you are stuck with them for life.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some time ago I had a discussion with my boss, and said that I notice recently, ALL our customers' purchasing people were women - and that gives them an advantage (not sexual, but still gender related) - males, when we say something, it is sealed, can't accidentally slip your statement, even if your company lose money in the deal, a man's word is final - BUT women, they get away, because in society, (at least some circles) they are allowed to "change their mind" Our only solution to this is to get them to put down in black & white (writing) what they say, just verbal, don't accept as final, will kena play out! And the woman dos not need to be pretty to get away with it! Fat ugly ones also might not keep their word!

Cheers!

When it comes to sales, ladies will have the edge, the more chio ones I mean. Male clients are tee kos and cant resist temptation. Most syts made it in insurance, car sales and in properties coz they have a pussy. My friend had a ONS with a Mercz saleslady and even asked if I was keen. Buy Mercz to have ONS? Crazy.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am sure many bros here have experiences dealing with salesman trying to sell you stuff. many years ago, i came across one, he is not sinkie but a foreigner who came to s'pore and do good in the early years. he is now a multimillionaire and our acquaintance turn into friendship. he is in his 70's now. he is a sole agent for some specific machinery which can cost up to few million of dollars. i remember on one occasion, his customer who is few years younger than him, scolded and insulted him in front of everybody, clients and colleagues at a dinner. he remained calm and smile as natural as before. there is no air of anger from him, he remained humble. eventually, he clinched the deal and made for himself hefty sum of money thru commission. i have not yet encountered sinkie saleman with such trait. i only know if sinkie saleman encounter such difficult customer, he will turn his back and walk away, give up and not continue to deal with the difficult customer.

I strongly believe you own the traits to emulate your multi-millionaire friend.

The PAP cronies everytime also fuck, scold and insult your KNNBCCB lancheow face upside down. You also remain calm, smile as natural and humble like how you described your friend. :rolleyes:

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
I strongly believe you own the traits to emulate your multi-millionaire friend.

The PAP cronies everytime also fuck, scold and insult your KNNBCCB lancheow face upside down. You also remain calm, smile as natural and humble like how you described your friend. :rolleyes:

I think in cyberspace it's a bit different. The SOP is to create clones and use your clones to troll and attack those people who have made you "lose face" in the forum.

I am not saying Bro Crafty does this, just saying that cyberspace offers a different dimension to the real world.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal

But what if the salesperson is online ? You don't see him or her in real world and it's just an online persona ? How to gain an edge if you are selling something online without getting to see your customer face to face.

I, together with some online friends, have been asked to "buy" a 3-in-1 package macam Nescafe coffee mix. It's a new product called Dragon99ball.:biggrin: If I don't buy we will continue kanna spammed. How ?:*:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But what if the salesperson is online ? You don't see him or her in real world and it's just an online persona ? How to gain an edge if you are selling something online without getting to see your customer face to face.

I, together with some online friends, have been asked to "buy" a 3-in-1 package macam Nescafe coffee mix. It's a new product called Dragon99ball.:biggrin: If I don't buy we will continue kanna spammed. How ?:*:

Report to police and/or MP.