• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did you enjoy the race?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There wasn't much racing, but it certainly was eventful. The first F1 night race might just be a forerunner for future night races. The crowds enjoyed it, the teams enjoyed it (except Scuderia, nyuk nyuk), the drivers, enjoyed (except Scuderia, nyuk nyuk again), the world enjoyed it, and most of all, the banks enjoyed it.

Me, I enjoyed because it was different. And Team Scuderia fcked up.

How 'bout the rest of you? Liked it? Hated it? Or gave it a miss? But no matter whatever however we feel about this event, history was made. Congratulations Alonso!

Cheers!

what do you mean future night race, the core support of F1 is in europe. you mean all races in asia will be at night in future???

not every country will knee down and give in to europe fans, what about their own fans.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, its all very nice, although I must confess that I missed it. But again, I'm not so much an F1 fan. I only learn how to drive, and to drive because its necessary.

But personally I'm not a big motor sports fan, even as I understand most of the rules by far. But I prefer european football and basketball. Its just more exciting.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to Ferrari for their self-pwn, injected some dramatics into this race...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4Z9ZP9HvbI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b4Z9ZP9HvbI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

How 'bout the rest of you? Liked it? Hated it? Or gave it a miss? But no matter whatever however we feel about this event, history was made. Congratulations Alonso!

Cheers!

I watched the podium ceremony on TV hoping to see some hot podium chicks.

Instead, all I saw was FUCK FACE LHL! :mad:

What gives? Why no podium girls????:confused:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm glad sinkapore took the risk of organising a night race.

If the country can take more risks like that we might see a brighter future...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
what do you mean future night race, the core support of F1 is in europe. you mean all races in asia will be at night in future???

not every country will knee down and give in to europe fans, what about their own fans.

Before this was ran, there were lots of doubt - me included. Everything was stacked against holding a night race. Singapore, or at least the parties putting this show together showed it could be done. The entertainment value was right up there - that promises some consideration for similiar events. One driver even commented (can't remember which one) that F1 has to go where the money goes, that means hosts with the $$$. Ever since ciggie ads were banned, host cities have had trouble with this, the Canadian GP is exactly one such situation. With TV the way it is now, the audiences can be worldwide.

Not every future GP will be a night race (better not) but after this, we can bet that some other tropical cities might be thinking about it.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I watched the podium ceremony on TV hoping to see some hot podium chicks.

Instead, all I saw was FUCK FACE LHL! :mad:

What gives? Why no podium girls????:confused:

you put the podium girls there, Alonso will speed away without his Renault.... probably clock 1min30 on the track... oh wait... it's him running away from the podium together with Hamilton and Rosberg...

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I enjoy the race, against time. The ECP jam creating traffic jams to the side roads leading to ECP, very enjoy. Can see chiobus in BMW beside me adjust bra, apply makeup. Very enjoy.

The knn 40 storey tanjong pagar HDB construction put vehicle block one lane of the already jammed road. Very enjoy see people need to change lane but cannot, and see the jam ganna worsen by the blocked lane.

Overall, very enjoy.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i enjoyed it, esp the last few laps. but alonso too good , no nail biting finish

Good race... thrills and spills. Definitely one of the more exciting ones of the season.

Sometimes a race becomes boring when everyone ends up the same positions at the finish line as on the starting grid.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose we can call this "Street Action." Damn, this should be a Saturday night, not Sunday!

The jam was I think Fri onwards all the way to Sunday. But I drive only Saturday and see a few chiobus adjust bra in car. The jam really solid. Very enjoyable.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
i enjoyed it, esp the last few laps. but alonso too good , no nail biting finish

I believe the main reason it was good (or at least that's how some of us feel) is because it wasn't a Ferrari or McLaren victory. If that was, then it would've been a humdrum event. F1 is normally is big yawn due to the absence of "neck to neck" type finishes - to the extent that the committee even tweaks the points so a closer finish is seen at the end. I remember some of the Schumacher years, fuck, if that dude didn't DNF, it'd be him in first.

The part I liked most was Massa pulling the fuel hose out. They should have made it longer (the tube) that way he could've gone the rest of the race w/o another pit stop for gas!

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jam was I think Fri onwards all the way to Sunday. But I drive only Saturday and see a few chiobus adjust bra in car. The jam really solid. Very enjoyable.

Next year, can expect some enterprising blokes to sell packet drinks and cigarettes at these jams!