• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did Palmer resign or was he fired (told to do so)?

Did he resign on his own or was he told to go and sign the letter prepared for him?

• Resigned

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Fired

Votes: 29 96.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The latest relevations today that Laura Ong's concurrent (but in a serious relationship) boyfriend Steven Lim could have been the one who sent the damaging to SMSes to the NewPaper and "some individuals". Presumably, this could have included senior members of the cabinet - hence the detailed info of when the PM heard about it etc could possibly mean that they spent those few days trying to verify the facts before confronting Palmer.

ST's big deal headlines that he resigned to take responsbility blah blah blah make me puke - was anyone else expected to take responsbility? His wife? His maid?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The big GOURD, called him up, and whispered "words of wisdom" & sang " get back to where you once belong"!!

Last edited:

Prometheus888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest relevations today that Laura Ong's concurrent (but in a serious relationship) boyfriend Steven Lim could have been the one who sent the damaging to SMSes to the NewPaper and "some individuals". Presumably, this could have included senior members of the cabinet - hence the detailed info of when the PM heard about it etc could possibly mean that they spent those few days trying to verify the facts before confronting Palmer.

ST's big deal headlines that he resigned to take responsbility blah blah blah make me puke - was anyone else expected to take responsbility? His wife? His maid?

Obviously they are trying to make an opportunity out of this crisis by praising themselves for their "swiftness" and "decisive" transparent actions hahahaha... yeah right.....

My take on this is that the PAP management probably knew about this affair since a long time ago but thought it would be kept controlled until things started going awry like rogue sms and threatened internet wide exposure ... which probably ties up all the loose ends like how TNP got hold of such openly expressive sms between the lovers. So to make the best out of a bad mess, they came out and hold press conference saying MP had accepted responsibility by resigning...

Please... more like bo pian lor.... my other question is this....

What does Cindy Ong have to do with all this?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Obviously they are trying to make an opportunity out of this crisis by praising themselves for their "swiftness" and "decisive" transparent actions hahahaha... yeah right.....

My take on this is that the PAP management probably knew about this affair since a long time ago but thought it would be kept controlled until things started going awry like rogue sms and threatened internet wide exposure ... which probably ties up all the loose ends like how TNP got hold of such openly expressive sms between the lovers. So to make the best out of a bad mess, they came out and hold press conference saying MP had accepted responsibility by resigning...

"TRIANGLE"...most likely, are any others involved too?? since they were 'stirring the same soup"??? may not have drunk the "soup", but may have stirred the "soup"? what do you think??

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

a case of of if the pubic doesnt know, then it isn't "wrong", but if they do then it is ???

RFOL
to the hypocritees

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal

PM Lee is different from WP's Low,both knew well in advanced,but Low had no solid evidence so he did not say a thing to Yaw until Yawgate kena exposed,PM Lee only after received SMSs ,so go ahead & fired his chief in Parliament.who is more sincere?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. looks like some 3-in-one triangle affair goes wrong again!
2. resignation & take full responsibility is some damage control.
3. this is from its grand master's instructions.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very different Palmer is a lawyer & affair is very common within their circle... He will still do well outside Politic$...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Michael offered to resign - no other option available given the fact that there was no way to cover-up. TCH accepted it - also, no other option. They shook hands and both decided the next step was to do damage control.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if u can in any way by hook or by crook kip collecting $15k a mth, wud u voluntarily gif it up? ...

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This is a dumb question......does anything happen in sinkieland without royal edict?

questions questions questions!

1. when did Palmer and Laura hook up?
2. who made the first move?
3. does anyone any idea on how Laura moved up the ranks in PA?
4. does anyone any idea on how Cindy moved up the ranks in PA?

time line, time line, time line :p:p:p

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think there should be an inquiry to answer all questions pertaining to this scandal. The public deserves this right. If there is nothing to hide, why fear? It is not an ordinary MP caught with pants down. It is the Speaker! To ensure objectivity, an opposition MP should sit in this committee.

Let me play devil's advocate and be kuai lan here. Could the two sisters be working for another government and soliciting state secrets from MP, TSL and whoever? Our national security could be compromised? Hahahaaa.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Datok, Let me guess, if I may.

1. When both of them met the first time when they stare at each other, electricity detected.
2. Both at the same time, at each others' privates.
3. She crawled up the ladder - no panties binya. If you below below ladder, don't buy 4d.
4. Ditto .....

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are no conflicts of interest. There is no abuse of power. Meritocracy is our core value. PAP has a good track record. I repeat, there are no conflicts of interest. There is no abuse of power. And so forth.