• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

did LHL do the dumbest thing?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are foreigner would you consider become a Singapore citizen knowing that 6.9M population in such a small island would be overcrowding and unsustainable in the longer term.

Would you think not only twice but many times to even consider your children, and future generations, cramping with 6.9M people in a small island?

Does the white paper make sense to you if you are a foreigner?

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would not mind living in Singapore with 6.9 million people, and neither would I worry about my children's future -- if the 6.9 million people are mostly good, educated and normal folks.

But the FACT is that the population growth towards 6.9 million consists mostly of low-quality, country-side peasants from PRC mainland China and India, not to mention the countless PRC mei meis posing as students but working as free lance hookers.

I would very seriously worry about the social integrity and the environment in the future for my kids.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

good points raised. This is why I ask did LHL make big mistake with his white paper?

I would not mind living in Singapore with 6.9 million people, and neither would I worry about my children's future -- if the 6.9 million people are mostly good, educated and normal folks.

But the FACT is that the population growth towards 6.9 million consists mostly of low-quality, country-side peasants from PRC mainland China and India, not to mention the countless PRC mei meis posing as students but working as free lance hookers.

I would very seriously worry about the social integrity and the environment in the future for my kids.

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

good points raised. This is why I ask did LHL make big mistake with his white paper?

In theory, there is nothing inherently wrong with the white paper, in my personal view.

But in practice, in reality and in fact, the white paper will very likely spell disaster for common Singaporeans down the road, perhaps a decade or two from now -- because the quality of most of the immigrants that would go towards making up the 6.9 million figure is very questionable.

We need people, but we need the right people. Having the wrong people would just create social problems and create social burdens while driving up costs of living and reducing standard of living, not to mention crowding out the spaces and straining the public infrastructure.

But the PAP does not care, since they and the elite stand to benefit regardless of the quality of the immigrants; they just need to fill up the numbers for the GDP, tax, etc. I would go even further and say that having low quality immigrants from PRC mainland China and India would actually benefit PAP more than having quality immigrants, since low quality immigrants are uneducated and will likely not question authoritarian rule (the strike by the SMRT bus drivers is an exception). Additionally, a possible outcome is to convert these low-quality immigrants to new citizens, so as to more than offset the loss of votes due to the increasing support of the opposition amongst the native Singaporeans, and consequently, to effectuate and prolong PAP's rule.

A dumb population is always easier to control and fool compared to a sophisticated and educated population.

So, the answer to your question really depends on the perspective.

From the PAP and the elite's perspective, the white paper is pure genius.

For the common Singaporeans, the white paper is the worst possible scenario one can imagine.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you are foreigner would you consider become a Singapore citizen knowing that 6.9M population in such a small island would be overcrowding and unsustainable in the longer term.

Would you think not only twice but many times to even consider your children, and future generations, cramping with 6.9M people in a small island?

Your question is giving him some credit points. I would rather rephrase it as: WHY IS LHL SO DUMB.

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your question is giving him some credit points. I would rather rephrase it as: WHY IS LHL SO DUMB.

The government had increased the population by about 2 million in the past. The question is why they need to have a PWP now when they did not do so in the past?

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget those pinoys who, with their pinoy degrees, would probably not get a executive job anywhere else in the world.. except in Pinoyland.. and HERE in SG.

Not recognised anywhere in the worldexcept in their own country.. and also now.. in SG.. where pappies INSIST that we need foreigners to look after us when we are old. I fear for those old folks who might get their heads chopped off.. or worse..

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal

It would still make sense if SG is simply their steppingstone..

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
true,

I have known a Pinoy carry a Singapore passport. Ask him he said thanks to PAP for the Singapore passport where Pinoy passport is useless. He got the benefit to travel freely whereas we got shit NS to do and a restricted SAF Singapore passport.

2 types of Singapore passport - one for new male citizens unrestricted passport and one restricted passport for the native male NSF which must notify Mindef (for fuck!) if intent to stay longer outside Singapore.

It would still make sense if SG is simply their steppingstone..

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners live work and play without their suitcases unpacked. The moment they dont enjoy anymore, they fuck off. so is not issue for them.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb would mean stupid, but lhl is educated very well.

LHL is not dumb, he just lacks the qualities required for a leader. no vision, no balls, no charisma, no cow sense, no acumen.
I think lhl might thrive in the ivory tower or in a safe glc post or even as a paper general that he was before.

But in the policy driven and political real world, he is a disappointment for spore and I feel he is the one who will bring the pap to its knees due to his wishy washy style.

I think his Ho however inept she is, has a more forceful presence than him.

I dont know how he performed in the saf or any other organisations, but first impression already, he just doesnt have the leadership qualities.
So I would say he is more of a clown or imbecible or an idiot than a dumb person. :biggrin:

For new sporeans, my 2 rupiah: new sporeans are not as bothered about the 6.9 as local sporeans, cos they know anytime things go turtle here, they will just go back to their homeland.

The new sporeans I know still hold on to their homeland ids, the main reason they come here is to make money and becos sg passport makes travelling easier. once this advantage is gone, most of them will move on.

I also tell my new sporean kakis, not to burn their homeland bridges, you never know when the tide will turn against this island. and they all agree.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....LHL lacks the qualities required for a leader. no vision, no balls, no charisma, no cow sense, no acumen.
I think lhl might thrive in the ivory tower or in a safe glc post or even as a paper general that he was before.

But in the policy driven and political real world, he is a disappointment for spore and I feel he is the one who will bring the pap to its knees due to his wishy washy style.

that is why is he a dumbest?

Troll

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I were a foreigner, I'll come in nevertheless. It's just make my money and go back to my homeland rich, why stay here in this sweatshop?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget those pinoys who, with their pinoy degrees, would probably not get a executive job anywhere else in the world.. except in Pinoyland.. and HERE in SG.

Not recognised anywhere in the worldexcept in their own country.. and also now.. in SG.. where pappies INSIST that we need foreigners to look after us when we are old. I fear for those old folks who might get their heads chopped off.. or worse..

If PAP can't even look after our old folks, what make them think foreigners are reliable.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I am a foreigner, I would still want to become a Singapore citizen, just for the convenience of the Singapore passport. Eg. Gong Li.

I don't f*ck care whether it is 6.9 million or 69 million. I can always stay somewhere else or back in my motherland.