• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did CNA's "Talking Point" ... "Shield" our PM Lee from hard nail biting questions??

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Did CNA's "Talking Point" ... "Shield" our PM Lee from hard nail biting questions

Why pinky shake hand like girl like that?

753l_974.png

amazedbyyou

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Did CNA's "Talking Point" ... "Shield" our PM Lee from hard nail biting questions

what can u expect fm CNA? Always rush, rush and hurried speakers like
"we're running out of time" like their air time is SO So precious.
eg. P.Daniel, M. Hyak and so on..

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This Princely Ass Loon cannot answer live questions
Dismal performance from days gone by for all to see
Evading, distracting, et cetera are his specialties
Passed on nowadays to his brigade on internet
Answer the question, General or fuck off ... ...

[video=youtube;mZWdrFPS1aU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZWdrFPS1aU[/video]

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ask him to go BBC "HardTalk", see if he can make it or not.

Both Stephen Sackur or even Jeremy Paxman would have torn him apart with their questioning, especially Paxman who is sometimes nicknamed 'The Rottweiler' in the UK.

thenakedtruth

Alfrescian
Loyal

so is he going to sue Daw Suu now , for insinuating that he should rightfully lose this election?:biggrin:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Regarding salary LSL over S$3million ~ Obama USD600K

Obama: Siang Looong "Con Hee Huat Cai" ( CNY day)

SL: Oh you know how say that!! I am surprised!

Obama: What so surprised? He's on the News in US every day!!

SL: Who's he??

Obama: Alamak don't tell me you don't know? He 's Con Hee Huat Cai!!
he earn more than you! $50 million in one go!!

SL: Oh shit! I don't know I'll check with Guard dog when I get home!! ( act blur)

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CNA's "Talking Point" ... "Shield" our PM Lee from hard nail biting questions.
Shit Times "cover up" our PM Lee's nail biting answer :eek:

Singapore newspapers censor PM’s BBC interview

It’s amusing to see the Singapore newspapers have not run the complete BBC interview with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The broadsheet Straits Times and the freesheet Today have not published the last question asked in the interview, which can be heard in a five-and-a-half-minute audio clip on the BBC World Service website.

The interviewer said: “Finally, Prime Minister, I read that you are apparently the highest paid head of government in the world. Your salary is about four or five times what President Obama gets. Are you worth all that money?”

PM Lee laughed and said: “I am not comparing myself and I don’t look at these rankings.We go on a system which is open, honest, transparent – what is the job worth, what is the quality of the person whom you want. We need the best people for the job and these are jobs where you make decisions which are worth billions of dollars. And you cannot do that if you are pretending and you just say, ‘Well, we are all in it for the love of King and Country’. We want it to be honest, we want people not to come in for the money. But at the same time the sacrifice cannot be too great. And at times like these, you want the best possible government you can have.”

Why on earth did the Straits Times and Today censor the Prime Minister’s interview?

The Prime Minister did not hesitate to answer the question.

So why did the Singapore newspapers not run the question and the answer?

It looks silly because people visiting the BBC World Service website are likely to come across the interview and discover that the Singapore media are still censoring the news.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why on earth did the Straits Times and Today censor the Prime Minister’s interview?

The Prime Minister did not hesitate to answer the question.

So why did the Singapore newspapers not run the question and the answer?

It looks silly because people visiting the BBC World Service website are likely to come across the interview and discover that the Singapore media are still censoring the news.

I AM REALLY THANKFUL that the media in Sinkieland did not run the full Q&A interview. Why?

1. People in Europe, Canada, USA, Australia, NZ and Japan can see for themselves that Sinkie media is state-controlled. (Correct me if I am wrong: there was an Opposition MP who stated in Parliament that the media in Sinkieland was state-controlled. He was challenged by Tharman or Duke Teo to show proof.)

2. The leaders of Ah Tiong land will be very happy because for a long time Old Fart has been criticizing PRC for erecting the GFW (Great Firewall) to prevent Chinese from accessing the internet freely.

3. Well-informed Sinkies, including new citizens, can see for themselves the local media is indeed state-controlled.

4. Our local journalists have been criticizing media censorship in China in The Straits Times, Today, CNA, etc.... Chinese media can now turn around and criticize our local media for being guilty of the same.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

which is why the VCR of the live debate between LKY and Francis Seow is so precious... :biggrin:

Brother, where can find this VCR hah ?? Please..........

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Brother, where can find this VCR hah ?? Please..........

try SBC archive, hope the negatives still intact :o

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

try SBC archive, hope the negatives still intact :o

During the SBC days, the chinese translators of parliament sessions was instructed to make opposition MPs sound uninteresting and lethargic on TV. whereas PAP MPs speeches always sound lively. Naturally the translator was pissed by this instruction but nothing much he could do as Ah gong was his direct boss.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

His latest is telling people not to always look to govt for solutions. In that case, why is he getting overpaid?

Why should I do things beyond my payscale?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

If I remembered correctly, during his last trip to New Zealand, no press correspondents was allowed to interview him. If he is honest, clean and efficient in his governance, why he needs to avoid the press there? That's why I'd say he'll never allow Ms Aung San Suu Kyi to come to Sinkie Land for any more speeches in future.

thenakedtruth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aung San Suu Kyi makes Pinky look bad. Pinky pales besides her.She puts her people first - and is willing to lose an election just to advance her country's interest.Pinky is only interested in staying in power, making his billions , eliminating political opponents and putting his people last.
Who looks like a petty little girl in this picture?:biggrin:
That's why I'd say he'll never allow Ms Aung San Suu Kyi to come to Sinkie Land for any more speeches in future.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of cos lah. You think he can take tough questions?