• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did CNA cock up their report?

dodgeball

Alfrescian
Loyal
They clarified lim swee say article on CPF.

NTUC Secretary-General Lim Swee Say clarifies a Channel NewsAsia report which quoted him on Sunday (June 22).

SINGAPORE: The Secretary-General of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), Mr Lim Swee Say, has clarified a Channel NewsAsia report which quoted him on Sunday (June 22).

He has penned the following letter in response:

I refer to the article, "Prepare for retirement 'by using less CPF money when young'" (23 June).

The article para-phrased my comments and wrote, "The best way for Singaporeans to prepare for retirement is to use less of their Central Provident Fund (CPF) money when they are young." It gave the impression that I have urged Singaporeans not to use their CPF monies before retirement for any purpose including housing, healthcare and education for our children.

This is incorrect.

For the record, I made three points about CPF:

Firstly, CPF is your money. Nobody can take away that money from you.

Secondly, your money with CPF is 100% safe and continues to earn risk free interest, even during challenging times like the global financial crisis in 2009.

As the third point was reported out of context, I reproduce the relevant text of my interview here:

"Thirdly, the money is mainly for your retirement purpose. Besides housing, healthcare and education for your children, a very important part of CPF is to cater for retirement. So, for every dollar, if you can defer the use of the dollar, it is better to defer the use of the dollar when you are still young. For example, instead of thinking of whether you can spend your CPF savings at the age of 55, I think we should think about how we should help our Singaporeans remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, a good job and at the same time, to continue to contribute to the CPF. Because the more money you have in your CPF and the longer you defer the use of the CPF, the more you will have for retirement, as all of us are living longer and longer. So, these are the three basic points: firstly, the CPF is your money, no one can take away from you. Secondly, your money is 100% safe. Thirdly, the less you make use of your money when you are young, the more money you will have for retirement."

It is clear in this context that 'young' refers to those who are aged 55 and "less use" of the CPF money refers to the CPF cash withdrawal for purposes other than housing, healthcare and education for the children.

Lim Swee Say
Secretary-General
National Trades Union Congress

- CNA/ly

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... It is clear in this context that ... "less use" of the CPF money refers to the CPF cash withdrawal for purposes other than housing, healthcare and education for the children ...
wat he mean? ...

can wifdraw cpf 4 purposes other dan housing, healthcare n education 4 kids? ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is talking rubbish. All local media are quoting what he said and there is no differences Now he is backtracking because it makes no sense. His cash withdrawal in his clarification he plucked from the sky.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
what were they thinking when they got this chinese helicopter to talk finance? is this an internal purge? why dont they get seetoh instead?He could fuck it up less

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim Swee Say I fuck you. I don't want to hear your fucking axiom, can you put in black and white to guarantee you can pay me back my cpf money, if not you better shut your fucking chee bye mouth.

They clarified lim swee say article on CPF.

NTUC Secretary-General Lim Swee Say clarifies a Channel NewsAsia report which quoted him on Sunday (June 22).

SINGAPORE: The Secretary-General of the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), Mr Lim Swee Say, has clarified a Channel NewsAsia report which quoted him on Sunday (June 22).

He has penned the following letter in response:

I refer to the article, "Prepare for retirement 'by using less CPF money when young'" (23 June).

The article para-phrased my comments and wrote, "The best way for Singaporeans to prepare for retirement is to use less of their Central Provident Fund (CPF) money when they are young." It gave the impression that I have urged Singaporeans not to use their CPF monies before retirement for any purpose including housing, healthcare and education for our children.

This is incorrect.

For the record, I made three points about CPF:

Firstly, CPF is your money. Nobody can take away that money from you.

Secondly, your money with CPF is 100% safe and continues to earn risk free interest, even during challenging times like the global financial crisis in 2009.

As the third point was reported out of context, I reproduce the relevant text of my interview here:

"Thirdly, the money is mainly for your retirement purpose. Besides housing, healthcare and education for your children, a very important part of CPF is to cater for retirement. So, for every dollar, if you can defer the use of the dollar, it is better to defer the use of the dollar when you are still young. For example, instead of thinking of whether you can spend your CPF savings at the age of 55, I think we should think about how we should help our Singaporeans remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, a good job and at the same time, to continue to contribute to the CPF. Because the more money you have in your CPF and the longer you defer the use of the CPF, the more you will have for retirement, as all of us are living longer and longer. So, these are the three basic points: firstly, the CPF is your money, no one can take away from you. Secondly, your money is 100% safe. Thirdly, the less you make use of your money when you are young, the more money you will have for retirement."

It is clear in this context that 'young' refers to those who are aged 55 and "less use" of the CPF money refers to the CPF cash withdrawal for purposes other than housing, healthcare and education for the children.

Lim Swee Say
Secretary-General
National Trades Union Congress

- CNA/ly

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
An inability to return the money as promised is a default. Risk free my ass.

Off course a a gahmen official u hv to learn to lie without smiling!

They promise u the world that ur money is safe in who's hand??? your hand or my hand??

In the meantime who can if the CPF vault has really got the money??

You want to check ?? be prepared to be sued for defamation!! $400 to $500K penalty kick!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The netizens and CPF members will rise to raise the money and would shamed LHL and VTO him in GE 2016.

Do not take your GRC system and voters for granted, or think you are LKY son.

Off course a a gahmen official u hv to learn to lie without smiling!

They promise u the world that ur money is safe in who's hand??? your hand or my hand??

In the meantime who can if the CPF vault has really got the money??

You want to check ?? be prepared to be sued for defamation!! $400 to $500K penalty kick!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.

All he is saying is CPF money is government money not CPF board. He forgot what his ex- mentor minster was saying before:

“I make no apologies that the PAP is the Government and the Government is the PAP.”
- Lee Kuan Yew, Petir, 1982

Which he also mean CPF is PAP and PAP is CPF, your money is his money.

This will scare even the shits out of new migrants/ PR or new citizens. You think Pinoys got no brains to think what kind of government Singapore has?

What the fuck!
I read 5 times still don't get what the fuck said!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I still don't understand what the Zorro trying to say...

He is saying, your money is yOUR money, & be clear about it, you read your statement it looks like YOUR money, but actually it is yOUR money!. Thank you, you fools for contributing to an endless funds to use without much recrimination, in which they will try, at their best to give you, the least returned & keeping your money, as long as it takes or as long as you last, for, you will see what is on paper, but in reality you will never see yOUR money!.

These are the people you have voted for & trusted in....no difference from those "koyot" sellers of the past, with the gongs, the martial arts equipments....they promises you, the 'oil-ment' to soothe your pain FOR A PRICE.

Why do they need so many 'parrots' to sing the same songs?? aren't we tired of it??....we , must be damn stupid, listening to all these, day in day out....the 60% are, they are deaf, dumb, clueless & no BALLS!:rolleyes: