• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Diablo III is here finally

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok..after such long wait...

but 89 bucks...is a tad steep.

Diablo III Singapore launch held at Funan IT Mall
April 2, 2012 12:04AM PDT

By Jonathan Toyad, Associate Editor
Follow Email
Retail price revealed for standard edition in Singapore, Malaysia.

With action role-playing game Diablo III's release date announced, there hasn't been any word in Southeast Asia regarding a launch or local retail price. That changed this week, with Blizzard's recent distributing partner Asiasoft announcing that it will be hosting a launch party to celebrate the game's arrival on May 15 in Funan IT Mall, Singapore.

According to Asiasoft's official page for the action RPG, the company announced that the standard version of Diablo III will be sold in Singapore for S$89 ($71) and in Malaysia for RM218 ($71). For Singapore, the game will be on sale in stores such as Gamescore, and various Comic Connection and Funz Centre outlets.

Gamers in Malaysia and Singapore can rejoice publicly at the Funan IT Mall.
In Malaysia, the game will be on sale across Selangor, the Klang Valley, Penang, Kedah, Perak, Sabah, and Seremban. Local gamers can still preorder the game from these locations. For the full list of specific retailers in Singapore and Malaysia, visit Asiasoft's page.

The distributor has yet to mention whether the collector's edition will be locally distributed in the Southeast Asia region. Diablo III is the first title in the series since 2001's Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. The latest game features five distinctive character classes and a new auction house system touted as "a new way for [Blizzard] to pull revenues from the game."
<header></header>

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
diablo means devil in spanish.

80 bucks to sell your souls to the devil?

i you kena ripped off. usually you get paid!

Cloud

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Die die must Diablo: Die-hard fans waiting for game's launch

Gaming fans have crazy plans for marathon sessions with the launch of Diablo 3 after 12 years of waiting

Published on May 13, 2012

ST_IMAGES_KGDIABe.jpg

ST_IMAGES_KGDIAB2.jpg

Video producer Benjamin Goh postponed his honeymoon with fiancee Kuek Shao Yang (both above) to next year so that they can stay home to battle the monsters. -- PHOTOS: TERRENCE LIM FOR THE STRAITS TIMES, BLIZZARD

By Kenneth Goh

What would possess a man to postpone his honeymoon? A computer game, among other things.

Video producer Benjamin Goh, 30, will tie the knot on May 26, but his real Big Day, it seems, is May 15 - the release date of hit action role-playing game Diablo 3.

Mr Goh, who is engaged to 24-year-old nurse Kuek Shao Yang, says: 'If we had known the release date of Diablo 3 earlier, we would have brought forward our wedding, so that we can play the game with peace of mind.'

The couple are postponing their honeymoon to Japan to next year, also partly due to work commitments. Instead, they will stay home to slay the horror- themed game's monsters together.

BACKGROUND STORY

'I have warned my friends on Facebook not to disturb me on the weekend that Diablo comes out, but I am not so crazy as to switch off my mobile phone.'

MR LUKAS YONG, a technical officer, on devoting nights to battling it out onscreen with his wife Joansy Aw

'May 15 will be the last day of our social lives,' the groom-to-be proclaims dramatically. After the launch of the game, he adds, 'the only time we will discuss our wedding is the day before it'. Like Mr Goh, legions of Diablo fans in Singapore have been waiting 12 years for the sequel to be released and with the impending launch, anticipation is boiling over.

Read the full story in Monday's edition of The Straits Times.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t_suN89GEng?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so, anyone downloaded & playing? Managed to crash the server already?
LOL

me waiting until this craze die down...prolly wait a few weeks before downloading prolly with some patches as well LOL

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
isn't it possible to buy all kinds of games online? with a swipe of your credit card, or paypal, or other kinds of payment mode, in today's high speed internet era, your game will be downloaded within hours, sure beats lining up in the hot sun... besides, software is so easily duplicated...

hopefully got some kind souls upload their games to P2P servers, and we all can have the game for free... hehe!!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isn't it possible to buy all kinds of games online? with a swipe of your credit card, or paypal, or other kinds of payment mode, in today's high speed internet era, your game will be downloaded within hours, sure beats lining up in the hot sun... besides, software is so easily duplicated...

hopefully got some kind souls upload their games to P2P servers, and we all can have the game for free... hehe!!!

yes but most of the fun of diablo3 is online playing with others and u need an original copy for that.

I wonder if they have a single player mode i have not checked it up after playing the demo which looks boring.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) No game, gadget or ticket is worth queuing up for (especially for hours or overnight) on the launch day. For me, time is precious and I hate crowds.

2) Why does Blizzard need Asiasoft (host of Maple Story and various other shitty MMOs) to be the game's distributing partner?

3) I fear the Diablo 3 auction house will ruin the game. Already, the absence of LAN and in-game microtransactions have annoyed me.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, I awaits its arrival.

Delivery Estimate: Friday May 18, 2012
Shipped
Track Package
Return Items
Diablo III: Collector's Edition
Sold by: Amazon Export Sales, Inc.
Available Actions

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid $71.90 instead of $89. No queue too when i went to buy last night. Just walk in, paid cash and walk off. Less than 10 seconds. Looking at the pics, can tell there are indeed too many people with too much time to spare.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
000-Hkg7310458-jpg_154458.jpg

D31.JPG.jpeg

Clerk Seth Chan, 24, poses with his newly released copy of Diablo III and a collector's edition for being the first in line at the videogame's launch event at a computer mall in Singapore on May 15, 2012. Thousands of people queud outside the mall, many of them taking time off from work or school to grab their copies. (AFP Photo/Simin Wang)

Seth Chan, a 24-year old clerk, was first in the pre-order queue since 6am yesterday morning and for being a hardcore fan, he walks away with the Standard Edition of the game, as well as a Collector's Edition.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/diablo-iii-officially-launches-today/15873.html#ixzz1uzdjIMei