• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DESMOND says he is independent from PAP! REALLY?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
To show that he is independent,he should stand for election under the slipper or fan or elephant logo n NOT under the lightning logo.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Viv B applied the same approach and again made it known in his maiden speech. He turned out to be one of the worst offenders.

That VB fella is best remembered for his " do you want three meals at the hawker centre or food court or restaurant".
Recently, he has been talking about improving the image of a hawker.
I wonder whether or not has been to the hawker centre(s) for a meal.
I submit that he is an individual who made a 360 degree turn after he was elected as an MP.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've no doubt that Desmond will exercise independent thinking, challenge status quo, engage govt bodies (he mentioned MND) where necessary. But there'll come a time where you've to take a stand on issues, regardless of what you think, the merits of the case, etc. That's where party loyalty will come in. And if you don't align correctly, you're finished politically.

Because politics are always about loyalty.

He will follow LHL to the latter,,,he is selected by PAP, hehave to be loyal

jw5

Loyal
Let's see whether he is really independent when the time comes to hand out appointments, promotions and rewards.
If he is really independent, he should decline all these politely in the name of independence and "for the people".

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Merely objecting against a Ministry's plans or programme does not make him independent. If he can still vote against a PAP bill when the Whip is in effect, then I say he is a brave independent man.

If he can't even differentiate between such protocols, how can he be an MP? He can only be an idiot.

Last edited:

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Merely objecting against a Ministry's plans or programme does not make him independent. If he can still vote against a PAP bill when the Whip is in effect, then I say he is a brave independent man.

If he can't even differentiate between such protocols, how can he be an MP? He can only be an idiot.

desmond choo is no more than a cocksucker like lim biow chuan and lee bee hwa...he is just there to milk money out of the system

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Viv B applied the same approach and again made it known in his maiden speech. He turned out to be one of the worst offenders.

Some of his closest friends super disappointed in him. He was talent spotted and cultivated in the early and mid 80s when in NUS. I recall the late Rajaratnam 'mentoring' him. Very critical of the PAP then. His buddies looked up to him. Most of them were disappointed later. Sadly, a few of his pals are with him now as MIWs or MIW wannabes.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To show that he is independent,he should stand for election under the slipper or fan or elephant logo n NOT under the lightning logo.

Once struck by lightning, one's future will be taken care of. Death or serious injury will never be the outcome. I waited decades to be struck. Knna, never happened.

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond is a clown! if he really thinks he is independent, stands as an INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE!
Is there a need to hide under the wings of PAP?

He should just go Geylang ans sian the under 18 prostitutes!

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why independent? PAP's policies no good ah?

By independent, I would think Desmond is referring to "independent thinking". That's why he talked about engaging various givt bodies on issues affecting the constituents of HG. Frankly, I expect independent thinking from a highly educated scholar, it's a baseline criterion. Unfortunately, being a political candidate, he is under party whip so there is only so much he can do. It would be the same situation if he's a WP candidate.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
long term interest of Singapore is NOT equal to PAP's inerests.....Hougang residents must be DAFT to believe him!

He looks very fat, sign of not doing much work or walk-about in HG. Now he said he has the capability to summon the wind and water alone, than I am very worried. Better call a Taoist to standby and purge out the de(s)mon(d) in him before HG residents get hurt.

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a living definition of an oxymoron.

That's true. But in a way, he has no choice but to make such a silly statement. With the people showing much anger (growing one) with the PAP policies and losing confidence with the PAP's inability to deal with the negative consequences of their policies one year after GE, the best thing to do is to distance itself oneself from the PAP, and instead keep directing attention to local issues. It's now almost a liability to be from PAP.

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true. But in a way, he has no choice but to make such a silly statement. With the people showing much anger (growing one) with the PAP policies and losing confidence with the PAP's inability to deal with the negative consequences of their policies one year after GE, the best thing to do is to distance itself oneself from the PAP, and instead keep directing attention to local issues. It's now almost a liability to be from PAP.

DESMOND might just make a breakthru with the main stream media supporting him

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
540651_378800942156907_201649463205390_987923_599914573_n.jpg