• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirm. After JB becomes expensive recently, e jam becomes worse. Why ERP is at central part of SG to relieve jam? Because e wealth is concentrated there.

Dun be surprised that the value of the properties will be affected by the "prosperity" soon as well.

將影響房產銷售

新山東北區屋業發展蓬勃,發展商也擔憂堵車問題不改展,將影響屋業銷售量。

受訪發展商透露,他們每發展一個地區,都必須支持一筆款項給州政府或地方政府,作為基設基金。

他們認為,相關單位如果善用基設基金,應有足夠款項規劃道路,包括解決地不佬路車流量不勝負荷的問題。

“政府要解決問題,最好是新增替代道路,不然就建設從新山直通到烏魯地南區的車道,疏解烏魯地南以下地區的車流量。”

他們也建議政府效仿新加坡,提升公共交通系統,如設立輕快鐵,讓人民乘搭公共交通,減少道路車流量。

發展商也認為,地不佬路有太多紅綠燈,是造成堵車原因之一。

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.
Jam means prosperity? Depends on your point of view.

Some prefer more relaxed environment and not to squeeze and jam with other cars. The causeway is enough already.
well... strictly my 2 sen,..

jam may not equal prosperity. but u know a lot of people staying.

no jam means no one staying there, not much business etc. so what i think is, ok if one likes serenity to buy in places where no cars around but price should be correspondingly cheap. my childhood kampung in selangor no jam. semi dee 200k.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, exactly, I really cannot agree with this pt as well. For those who stayed in tebrau can not definitely agree with this. And they will never agree or enjoy such a "prosperity" as well. In terms propsperity for commercial, no matter Molek. Desa tebrau or mount Austin are not even as prosperous as before.

if one reads the articles and the feedback from residents. Can definitely eliminate such a thought that jam = prosperity. Instead tebrau jam is simply caused by too huge no of residents, tamans, poor road layout etc.

right. a lot of people. road cannot hold. so jam. house also not enough. so price go up naturally.
poor road layout, yarr, of course la. ths is malaysia what. it's like that one.
who will not complain if jam everyday? if they hate it so much, why they never move to gelang patah or kulai, or muar. ? (actually muar also jam like shit.)
they don't move because they want to be nearer to the city, that's why. they want to be near to singapore, near to shop, near to mall, near to macdonal, etc.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amazing sales in this condition. I suppose most buyers are Malaysians.

Luxury units sold out in 2 hours? Sounds unbelievable.
But they never say how many released. These type of news sometimes misleading.

High end condo this is definitely not.
More catered to locals.
99 leasehold. Design not that interesting. Psf lowest amongst the up and coming developments in that area.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

More catered to locals.
99 leasehold. Design not that interesting. Psf lowest amongst the up and coming developments in that area.

sold out normally means cheap lar.
if cheap people queue overnight .
is this the one near/next to bayu pueteri marina as one come down from the permas bridge?

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amazing sales in this condition. I suppose most buyers are Malaysians.

not surprised, as per reported by the article, major reason why tebrau is congested to state today, major is becos of the judge increase in new tamans. Tebrau area buyers are mainly locals, not surprised at all, at least 90% are locals buying for own stay. That's the reason why it causes jam becos as per explained by the article also, one household minimum 3 to 4 cars or even more.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

More catered to locals.

Yes, becos of the cheap price normally. Daya last year single storey terrace bdo double storey etc are mainly due to this.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
right. a lot of people. road cannot hold. so jam. house also not enough. so price go up naturally.
poor road layout, yarr, of course la. ths is malaysia what. it's like that one.
who will not complain if jam everyday? if they hate it so much, why they never move to gelang patah or kulai, or muar. ? (actually muar also jam like shit.)
they don't move because they want to be nearer to the city, that's why. they want to be near to singapore, near to shop, near to mall, near to macdonal, etc.

Not really, partly also due to tebrau area houses price are generally on lower side as compare to other hotter area like skudai, nusajaya etc. locals their primary concern abt house purchase nevertheless is price and nothing much else for general public.

And tebrau compare to skudai etc, the distance to city are the same actually no advantage. Like bdo to Pusat bandar, minimum 17 to 18km.

As per explained for many times, even jam there are level difference. If u look at the no of articles reported abt jam. Tebrau is top in the list. If it is not serious, I dun think it is even worthwhile to mention it.

If look at the JB traffic Facebook, easily can tell which area is most congested and most serious in JB. Even now the latest news had already revealed all these fact, I cannot imagine why these facts can still be denied simply one has invested in the area and they are reluctant to accept the cruel fact.

A place whether is it really jam or not, it is not based on one's word or feeling but it is based on the actual facts happening and evidence.

And now all the evidences are revealed and it is clear.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really, partly also due to tebrau area houses price are generally on lower side as compare to other hotter area like skudai, nusajaya etc. locals their primary concern abt house purchase nevertheless is price and nothing much else for general public.

And tebrau compare to skudai etc, the distance to city are the same actually no advantage. Like bdo to Pusat bandar, minimum 17 to 18km.

As per explained for many times, even jam there are level difference. If u look at the no of articles reported abt jam. Tebrau is top in the list. If it is not serious, I dun think it is even worthwhile to mention it.

If look at the JB traffic Facebook, easily can tell which area is most congested and most serious in JB. Even now the latest news had already revealed all these fact, I cannot imagine why these facts can still be denied simply one has invested in the area and they are reluctant to accept the cruel fact.

*just for casual chit chat based on personal view,

if you talk about nusa idaman, HH, east ledang, i can agree there is no jam, and mainly luxury buy .

but if you talking skudai, it's jammed. you don believe, try to drive to UTM at 5.30pm on a working day from JB city.
and i don't mean you take a long roundabout along coastal highway, 2nd link, gelang patah, pulai.
or from bukit indah to skudai highway at the same time.
that skudai road, i have travelled there on motorbike since 20 years ago , you know. already quite jammed that time.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just hope that the State Govt will do something quickly to expand or to build alternative routes. Else this problem is only going to get worse.
More people staying is always better then deserted.
So a balance has to be made.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
*just for casual chit chat based on personal view,

if you talk about nusa idaman, HH, east ledang, i can agree there is no jam, and mainly luxury buy .

but if you talking skudai, it's jammed. you don believe, try to drive to UTM at 5.30pm on a working day from JB city.
and i don't mean you take a long roundabout along coastal highway, 2nd link, gelang patah, pulai.
or from bukit indah to skudai highway at the same time.
that skudai road, i have travelled there on motorbike since 20 years ago , you know. already quite jammed that time.

If u look at my post, I didn't even mention that skudai there is no jam.

I am saying that in terms of location, tebrau is not really nearer to city compare to skudai. Not to say skudai is near to both 2nd link and 1st link. Of course nusajaya is the best for sure in terms of geographical location on this.

Skudai highway generally the traffic is better than tebrau highway after all, as it does not have traffic lights. No matter how it is jam it is better than tebrau for sure.

UTM is one of the rural area in skudai already, it is almost at the border near to pulai, senai, kulai already.

From there go down town can actually go via ns highway to EDL etc as well.

My pt is that given the new tamans new houses launches nowadays, tebrau does not have any advantages over other areas, given the congested condition. All these are relative value.

Jam happens everywhere, but again I always said the level differs, now tebrau is really at the peak. The jam starts all the way from even more rural area like ulu tiram.

The news on congestions on tebrau for so many times have proved it. EDL does not solve the congestion condition proved this.

Again personal feel on which area is more jam is very subjective, but news is reported from objective angle and these are evidence.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Google Map with live traffic overlay, the jammed areas are:

Bukit Indah
Nusa Bestari
Sutera Utama
Larkin
Jalan Wong Ah Fook (or most parts near CIQ)
Johor Jaya
Desa Tebrau

which coincide with vibrant shopping areas.

To resolve the Tebrau jams, Pasir Gudang/Jalan Pandan each has to be expanded into 4-lane each direction for the entire stretch. However the road transport authority is very slack in Johor and progress is slow. Alternatively, impose $5 RM ERP to manage traffic for a start.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

A place whether is it really jam or not, it is not based on one's word or feeling but it is based on the actual facts happening and evidence.

And now all the evidences are revealed and it is clear.

Complain here is useless. We need your help to send an email to alert the slack authority :p

Anyway I can wait for improvements for the next few decades. The house is just a piggy bank for me :wink:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u look at my post, I didn't even mention that skudai there is no jam.

I am saying that in terms of location, tebrau is not really nearer to city compare to skudai. Not to say skudai is near to both 2nd link and 1st link. Of course nusajaya is the best for sure in terms of geographical location on this.

Skudai highway generally the traffic is better than tebrau highway after all, as it does not have traffic lights. No matter how it is jam it is better than tebrau for sure.

UTM is one of the rural area in skudai already, it is almost at the border near to pulai, senai, kulai already.

From there go down town can actually go via ns highway to EDL etc as well.

My pt is that given the new tamans new houses launches nowadays, tebrau does not have any advantages over other areas, given the congested condition. All these are relative value.

Jam happens everywhere, but again I always said the level differs, now tebrau is really at the peak. The jam starts all the way from even more rural area like ulu tiram.

The news on congestions on tebrau for so many times have proved it. EDL does not solve the congestion condition proved this.

Again personal feel on which area is more jam is very subjective, but news is reported from objective angle and these are evidence.

don't know about "worst jam" but i remember impian emas to sutra mall v at 7pm every one was stuck doing the u=turn under the TUTA intersection there while ppl from the other side u turning also to get across the bloody highway to get to kempas. to me it was a big clusterf*** but maybe i was in a bad mood.

anyway..., you're probably right. tebrau area the worst jammed area in jb.
skudai and PG highway a little bit less jam. a little.

Last edited:

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't know about "worst jam" but i remember impian emas to sutra mall v at 7pm every one was stuck doing the u=turn under the TUTA intersection there while ppl from the other side u turning also to get across the bloody highway to get to kempas. to me it was a big clusterf*** but maybe i was in a bad mood.

anyway..., you're probably right. tebrau area the worst jammed area in jb.
skudai and PG highway a little bit less jam. a little.

For me I am just sharing what I have observed . One probably who didn't go thru the path in tebrau may not be aware of how serious the situation is it now. I am glad that the article had managed to reveal the situation now for awareness. At least it provides evidences on what I have shared.

In the end whether other areas situation is how, it is to be verified and proved like what tebrau is proven now. It believe it can never be even crucial than the area one is in now or will be in in future since one will be directly affected for the bad situation.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is just share what is observed . One probably who didn't go thru the path in tebrau may not be aware of how serious the situation is it now. I am glad that the article had managed to reveal the situation now for awareness. At least it provides evidences on what I have shared.

No need to be alarm lah... Singapore is also badly jammed up at most places during peak hours. The jams in Tebrau pale in comparison to BKE/SLE/AYE/PIE etc :rolleyes:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me I am just sharing what I have observed . One probably who didn't go thru the path in tebrau may not be aware of how serious the situation is it now. I am glad that the article had managed to reveal the situation now for awareness. At least it provides evidences on what I have shared.

In the end whether other areas situation is how, it is to be verified and proved like what tebrau is proven now. It believe it can never be even crucial than the area one is in now or will be in in future since one will be directly affected for the bad situation.

you mean you need newspaper to verify tebrau highway is jam? i am also sharing what i observed. everywhere in jb is jammed during peak hours. causeway is also jammed. in fact that is the worse jam of all, especially if something like mas slamat or some kookoo woman sneak into sgp without clearance. Frankly speaking, all that you posted is not so objective in determining which road is more or which road is less jammed. To do that, one has to conduct a proper traffic study, with data collected across a few months, and the same data (ie average vehicular speeds) must be collected at other highways as well to do a comparison. that would be objective, based on hard facts. Right now, everyone is saying jam, but is it the WORST jammed or is it systemically bad throughout jb?

Also, it seems the crux of your argument is not really to inform people that there is jam, but rather to imply a causal connection between the jams and preferred choice of residence. Am I right? c'mon, admit it, man! Meaning, "tebrau worst jam SO .. errrm.. what is it you'rse saying exactly? Don't buy a house there? Buy .. where? Somewhere not jammed? where?

Furhtermore, your argument isn't all that clear , anyway. Because you haven't divulged specifics. Where are we comparing against? You said, tebrau very jam. But compared against where? Against causeway? Skudai highway? Actually you mentioned skudai, that's why i'm informing you that based on my experience, it's just as jammed. pasir gudang highway is also jammed. but nowhere are these as bad as going in and out of singapore during peak hours. it's like 1.5 hours of being parked on the road.

Also you mentioned tebrau highway traffic lights, there is now actually no traffic light from the CIQ directly to Jusco Desa Tebrau. Really. You can try it. Why? Because of the EDL. Also, i think it's nonsense to say that EDL doesn't help tebrau traffic. Of course it does, please. Those singapore bound traffic from NS Hway jus skips tebrau highway now. Also, previously, those from desa tebrau, molek will have to go through the heart of the city past holiday plaza etc to get to the CIQ. The EDL is quite a good flyover, seriously. It is because of the EDL that the northern part of jb has opened up (ie setia tropika , BDO, seri austin, kempas). so have to gve credit where it is due, la , ok.

okies.. anyway, gotta go find some pork to eat. really hungry after typing so much.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
you mean you need newspaper to verify tebrau highway is jam? i am also sharing what i observed. everywhere in jb is jammed during peak hours. causeway is also jammed. in fact that is the worse jam of all, especially if something like mas slamat or some kookoo woman sneak into sgp without clearance. Frankly speaking, all that you posted is not so objective in determining which road is more or which road is less jammed. To do that, one has to conduct a proper traffic study, with data collected across a few months, and the same data (ie average vehicular speeds) must be collected at other highways as well to do a comparison. that would be objective, based on hard facts. Right now, everyone is saying jam, but is it the WORST jammed or is it systemically bad throughout jb?

Also, it seems the crux of your argument is not really to inform people that there is jam, but rather to imply a causal connection between the jams and preferred choice of residence. Am I right? c'mon, admit it, man! Meaning, "tebrau worst jam SO .. errrm.. what is it you'rse saying exactly? Don't buy a house there? Buy .. where? Somewhere not jammed? where?

Furhtermore, your argument isn't all that clear , anyway. Because you haven't divulged specifics. Where are we comparing against? You said, tebrau very jam. But compared against where? Against causeway? Skudai highway? Actually you mentioned skudai, that's why i'm informing you that based on my experience, it's just as jammed. pasir gudang highway is also jammed. but nowhere are these as bad as going in and out of singapore during peak hours. it's like 1.5 hours of being parked on the road.

Also you mentioned tebrau highway traffic lights, there is now actually no traffic light from the CIQ directly to Jusco Desa Tebrau. Really. You can try it. Why? Because of the EDL. Also, i think it's nonsense to say that EDL doesn't help tebrau traffic. Of course it does, please. Those singapore bound traffic from NS Hway jus skips tebrau highway now. Also, previously, those from desa tebrau, molek will have to go through the heart of the city past holiday plaza etc to get to the CIQ. The EDL is quite a good flyover, seriously. It is because of the EDL that the northern part of jb has opened up (ie setia tropika , BDO, seri austin, kempas). so have to gve credit where it is due, la , ok.

okies.. anyway, gotta go find some pork to eat. really hungry after typing so much.

Whaao, chill leh :eek:

Jam is good and sweet. Eat more with bread :biggrin: