• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still no news on the date for the key handover, thought the works have been completed few months ago. Any idea what is holding up ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still no news on the date for the key handover, thought the works have been completed few months ago. Any idea what is holding up ?

Developer is waiting for spiders to produce more webs inside the house :p Probably waiting for approval from the authority. I should be going up next week to check things out.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks FHBH12 for making the effort to check.

December is a good time to get reno works done as it is a non productive month in office(many staff on leave) and also just before the Chinese stop work for new year.

About all, the exchange rate is also good at this time.

Developer is waiting for spiders to produce more webs inside the house :p Probably waiting for approval from the authority. I should be going up next week to check things out.

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend wanted to buy desa tebrau. we took a look at a few units with property agent. to my surprise :eek: , the quality is v bad :*: . the grills all are rusty. roof top choking. no wonder those owners did a major renovation at their units till the exterior very messy. Anyway, I believe those owners know the developer's standard :(

IMG_9829.JPG

IMG_9831.JPG

Thanks FHBH12 for making the effort to check.

December is a good time to get reno works done as it is a non productive month in office(many staff on leave) and also just before the Chinese stop work for new year.

About all, the exchange rate is also good at this time.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend wanted to buy desa tebrau. we took a look at a few units with property agent. to my surprise :eek: , the quality is v bad :*: . the grills all are rusty. roof top choking. no wonder those owners did a major renovation at their units till the exterior very messy. Anyway, I believe those owners know the developer's standard :(

View attachment 18399

View attachment 18400

Rusty grill is due to the use of iron. As long as it is not stainless steel, it will rust and you have to repaint it yourself with rust-proof paint. Please do so for the metal roof too to prevent corrosion.

My unit has a roof leak too when I checked out a few months back. Developer should rectify it before handing over to us. Other than this and a few minor defects, my unit is pretty good :smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rusty grill is due to the use of iron. As long as it is not stainless steel, it will rust and you have to repaint it yourself with rust-proof paint. Please do so for the metal roof too to prevent corrosion.

My unit has a roof leak too when I checked out a few months back. Developer should rectify it before handing over to us. Other than this and a few minor defects, my unit is pretty good :smile:

that's normal. my roof leak until kena false ceiling and walls.
water come out from the electricity wire's pipe and formed stalactite. :biggrin:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

how much to paint for metal roof?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No such thing as rust proof paint, just paint that can last longer. Under heat of the sun will accelerate the rusting process. Before painting, make sure all residual rust are removed, else the rust come back 2weeks later.

That's why old kampong design use zinc or aluminium roof, will not rust! Just not so nice to look at.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roof leak is no small matter, just look at how fierce the rain can be nowadays. Make sure they redo whole roof 's water proofing because no one knows exactly which part of the water proofing got problem. They must pay a price for a shabby job so that they know that do it right the first time is the best strategy.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No such thing as rust proof paint, just paint that can last longer. Under heat of the sun will accelerate the rusting process. Before painting, make sure all residual rust are removed, else the rust come back 2weeks later.

That's why old kampong design use zinc or aluminium roof, will not rust! Just not so nice to look at.

Oh yes, there are chromate or phosphate based paints are better in rust protection. Note that chromate is toxic though. The underlying iron will corrode quite fast once the zinc surface is corroded away.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 18399

View attachment 18400

Wow ....the leaking is bad considering this is brand new house. I believe the ceiling board must be damaged. The owner will have to get the developer to do the repair.

It is a very sloppy works, just wonder why developer didnt do the inspection before hand over to the owner. No wonder the owner wanted to sell it.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow ....the leaking is bad considering this is brand new house. I believe the ceiling board must be damaged. The owner will have to get the developer to do the repair.

It is a very sloppy works, just wonder why developer didnt do the inspection before hand over to the owner. No wonder the owner wanted to sell it.

Actually most new houses will have defects. The real issue is will the developer react fast on your complain. Some very fast...some very slow....some no action (especially those developer have severe manpower shortage......).

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. developer charge RM500k and above. at this high price they are making a lot of profits and yet giving a low quality material and workmanship. a well known developer and not serious with his work.

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
its a shock to see this kind of poor workmanship from a well known developer.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you. developer charge RM500k and above. at this high price they are making a lot of profits and yet giving a low quality material and workmanship. a well known developer and not serious with his work.

Which type or phase you went and see? 9D/E or others?