• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Defending WP's apolitical culture: Forumers and Netizens have misunderstood WP...

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st let me say I am not affliated with WP, I am not a volunteer, or member.

WP is quite strangely an apolitical political party.... or to put it more accurately, a non-political political party...

WP do not believe in taking potshot,... unlike Goh Meng Seng..

this is from LiLian facebook "Very grateful to have veterans to share their experiences and new blood to inject fresh ideas and whose actions speak louder than words."
emphasis "actions speak louder than words" emphasis

During the Palmergate saga, was it not very tempting to take a pot shot at Khaw?

did Mr Low took 1? NO, Mr Low act like a mature adult.... would vincent have take a pot shot at Khaw??

vincent has been taking so many potshots and telling so many lies that he have to apologise and apologise ... but typical ah neh have no sense of shame

At the ultimate irony is the AIMs saga is a property management issue involving residents' fund. A core competency of the WP amongst all the roles.

It is really an irony that when WP people and apologists were giving the excuse that ground work and TC management is of utmost importance, it turns out that even for the TC management report card, they got red marks.

Goh Meng Seng

Please tell me how is replying back to PAP about AIM considered "TC management"?

that is simply polticking... WHy should WP go to the parliament and make a big fuss about unfair treatment consider TC work???

TC management is making sure the floor are swept and the rubbish are collect... its not about making PAP look bad so you look good
its not about distorting facts and creating innuendo... making false accusation and personal attack because you are too childish and cannot control your emotion

I am very glad that WP has taken the high road and that WP MPs are matured adults who do not get embroiled in flame wars like chief keyboARD strategist, GMS and scroobal...

I am glad that WP make full use of the parliamentary break to do something meaninful instead of going on holiday...

I am glad that WP do not make a mockery of Parliament by using it to score points instead of being constructive...

I am glad that Parliament is not a mad house for publicity hungry media whores who want to make a joke out of parliamnetary piviledges...

Hardcore opp who wan non stop total war between OPp MP and PAP MP... please fucking growing up... stop acting like an aggreived kid

they know that the self interested silent majority swing voters do not give a fuck... only OPP wan to see a fight... anything to bruise the PAP

if WP make a big fuss in parliament, the self interested silent majority swing voters will be thinking "why are you making your problem my problem" ...

Polticking vs Policy.
I have to agree with GMS here that WP is weak in policy, but this is actually a strength

What is really lacking and glaring is public policy study organisation within the party. As a party aspiring to become "the other party" in their "two party system model" (not that I agree with this...), a policy think tank is critically important. I would say that if CSM is to be more effective on the parliamentary front, which he is lacking, he should seriously consider to spend more time in public policy studies and analysis. So far, we only see him giving lofty ideas and ideals but where's the beef? Specific policy deliberations are pretty lacking from him.

Goh Meng Seng

Constituency duties can be divide into grassroot and TC

Parliment can be used for Polticking or for Policy Debate...

IN fact WP has carry to the extreme the non politiking stance and no extraparliamentary polticking
.. to the extend that they do not even want to engage via their website and press release...
since there is no parliamentary session in the last 2 month.. expect them to be quiet....

One would be hard pressed to define WP ideological stance...

perhaps, it can be best summed up as "do not oppose for the sake of opposing" and "support PAP policies if they are good for SIngapore"... and "oppose PAP policies if they are bad for SIngapore"

this is a very rational and reasonable stance and most people will agree with it... in fact its member subscribe to it as well...

ultimately this is what most people believe as well ... most people do not have a strong point of view...

contrast this with SDP...
if you do not take in refugees, you are immoral
if you do not pay minimum wage, you are immoral
if you do not have gay rights, you are immoral
if you do not support illegal workers strike, you are immoral

when the self interested silent majority swing voters think

"what refugees? , "you want me to pay $1200 for a maid?, when I earn $3000" "fucking foreign workers making trouble again..."

Thats why weak in policy is actually a strength...

and thats why I think WP deliberately do not have an policy think tank ... because WP are not in a position where they can be influential in setting national agendas.. and there is no economies of scale with just 8 members

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very refreshing depictal & perspective, well done Brocoli ... I may or may mot agree, but anything refreshing is good food for thought as opposed to the usual ranting & sniping ...all ego & self righteous based.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even though they are 8 of them in parliament, they are still in no position to influence the ultimate decision made.
Ah Loong still have the absolute power over government and sg.
So no point hitting the egg head against the wall.
In the end, kena head crack and bruise bleed. Worth it?

SDP while they have many alternative policies and ideas on how to govern this country,
and is ever ready to expose the hypocrisy of the so called corruption free pappies,
but it is of no use if they can't make it to parliament.
They have to be careful as any wrong wordings used, they will kena law suits and deflamaton charges.
If they are in parliament, they can say these things without worry of deflamation suits,
as parliament is a place intended for intellectual debate and exchange of ideas.
CSJ having gone through numerous law suits and have tasted bankruptcy, now he has learned
to tip the toes while walking without threading onto the land mines.
Vincent, on the other hand a young rookie, has not gone through what CSJ suffer.
He has to learnt from the experience of his mentor, else he will be the next victim
of this endless laswuits which will thwart his career and life.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very refreshing depictal & perspective, well done Brocoli ... I may or may mot agree, but anything refreshing is good food for thought as opposed to the usual ranting & sniping ...all ego & self righteous based.

I do not agree that WP should only goto parliament to respond... but I am just saying there may be a method to their madness that people do not see.