• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Daughter of PMD driver appeals for witnesses after father suffers spinal cord damage in accident

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
– The Independent News
theindependent.sg

The daughter of a Personal Mobility Device (PMD) rider took to social media appealing for information about her father’s accident.

She alleged that her father got into an accident while riding his e-scooter. The man’s daughter also alleged that he had suffered spinal cord damage as a result of the accident.

Along with the information that her father’s accident occurred at Serangoon garden on Sunday (June 30) between 1pm to 5pm, she did not share any other details.
The woman called for passers-by or witnesses to the accident, and she added that her father was in critical condition because of the incident.

Netizens who commented on the post were mostly well-wishers, but there were others who had mixed-feelings about PMD riders.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-03-at-1.07.06-am.png

Screen-Shot-2019-07-03-at-1.07.15-am.png

Earlier this year (April 26), a 39-year-old woman died from her injuries after her electric scooter collided into a bus in Woodlands. The private bus and e-scooter collided at the entrance of a carpark near Admiralty Place.

After 30 June, it is now illegal to ride a personal mobility device (PMD) without a license from the Land Transport Authority (LTA).

PMD users are also liable if they cause or allow another person to ride an unregistered e-scooter on public paths.

If caught riding an unregistered e-scooter on public paths, first-time offenders can be fined up to S$2,000 and jailed for up to three months.
TISG has reached out to the daughter of the PMD rider. /TISG

Screen-Shot-2019-07-03-at-12.49.37-am_censored.jpg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already old n now disabled. Better to just Soylent Green. Tat way his suffering will end n he will no longer be a burden to his family and to society. N his family can also move on.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
At his age, he should be walking more, instead he kei khiang buy pmd and damage himself.

PMDs are a substitute for cars when the distance is beyond the walking option.

I fully support the use of PMDs as they are a lot safer compared to motor vehicles.

Motor accidents cause far more injuries and deaths compared to PMDs. Just look at the statistics for yourself.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/global/index.html

Global Road Safety
Español (Spanish)
Road traffic crashes are the world’s leading cause of death for children and young adults 5–29 years of age.1 Road traffic injuries result in as many as 50 million injuries per year—which exceeds the combined population of the world’s two largest cities.1,2

Throughout the world, roads are shared by cars, buses, trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, pedestrians, animals, taxis, and other travelers. Travel made possible by motor vehicles supports economic and social development in many countries. Yet each year, these vehicles are involved in crashes that are responsible for 1.35 million deaths and up to 50 million injuries.

If 50% of journeys currently undertaken in cars could be replaced with PMD rides the world would be a far safer place.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I wonder whether his personal insurance covers his own stupidity. No wonder premiums are increasing for everyone because of these idiots. :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
On top of that, wasting medical and hospital resources which could be better used for those who needed them..

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
After 30 June, it is now illegal to ride a personal mobility device (PMD) without a license from the Land Transport Authority (LTA).
KNN is there a pmd riding theory and practical test KNN if not the difference of getting license is for lta to huat only KNN

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are always 2 sides of the story. Actually I don't mind PMD in our lives. It make things simple for us, this is called advancement. Banning it shows we are avoiding the problems. There are many motor fatalities on the road, so are we going to ban it?

It is how we use the PMD. Please do not treat it as a primary mean of transport. It must be treated as an alternative mean instead. It means that you does not rely on PMD to bring you from one place to another, but a leisure transportation. I see a lot of PMD drivers rushing from one place to another, it is a matter of time that problems will rise. Having said that, many Ah Pek riding and even ferrying people on roads in disregard of safety do not have my sympathies.

So ride safe and be considerate of others.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are always 2 sides of the story. Actually I don't mind PMD in our lives. It make things simple for us, this is called advancement. Banning it shows we are avoiding the problems. There are many motor fatalities on the road, so are we going to ban it?

It is how we use the PMD. Please do not treat it as a primary mean of transport. It must be treated as an alternative mean instead. It means that you does not rely on PMD to bring you from one place to another, but a leisure transportation. I see a lot of PMD drivers rushing from one place to another, it is a matter of time that problems will rise. Having said that, many Ah Pek riding and even ferrying people on roads in disregard of safety do not have my sympathies.

So ride safe and be considerate of others.

Sinkieland roads are too congested and PMD riders have no protection, and no, wearing a helmet doesn't help at all.