• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Datsun is coming back

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
20120321.112615_nissan.jpg

JAKARTA - Nissan Motor Co's revived Datsun brand will target increasing sales in Indonesia, India and Russia, the firm's chief executive told reporters on Tuesday.

Nissan plans to invest US$400 million (S$504.9 million) in Indonesia over the next two years, will double hiring by 2014 and increase its dealerships in Southeast Asia's largest economy, CEO Carlos Ghosn said during a visit to Jakarta.

Advertisement
Nissan quit using the Datsun brand in 1981, but earlier this month a newspaper announced plans to revive the nameplate for cars and trucks for emerging markets.

"It's a green car, affordable car, small displacement, high local content," Ghosn said of the Datsun. "It's going to be a generous car."

Nissan executives met Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on Monday and said they would inject US$400 million for plant expansions to double production by 2014.

Nissan appointed Kintaro Izumida as president director of PT Nissan Motor Indonesia (NMI) and PT Nissan Motor Distributor Indonesia, earlier this month, replacing Takayuki Kimura.

"The priority (for Nissan Motors in Indonesia) is for the Indonesian market," Ghosn said. "If there is any room for more capacity it will be located for the domestic (market) rather than for exports, although cost is competitive."

NMI had previously targeted sales of 60,000 units and sales growth of 7 per cent, according to the company website, which also said it would open 70 dealerships by end of 2011 on the way toward its target of 150 by 2015.

NMI is the third best-selling brand in Indonesia and hopes to increase sales by launching a cheaper multipurpose vehicle (MPV) and city car suited specifically for its market.

The company's largest sales in Indonesia come from its popular family mini van Grand Livina, which accounts for 45 per cent of sales. The city car lines, March and Juke, came second in line with 40 per cent.

PT Indomobil Sukses Makmur, Nissan's authorised distributor in Indonesia, launched its crossover model, Nissan Juke, in the first half of last year, and has sold 1,600 units per month since.

Nissan has been pushing rapidly into emerging markets, including a partnership with Ashok Leyland Ltd in India and a recently announced factory in Brazil, where it aims to triple its market share by 2016.

Nissan and its French partner, Renault SA, are also close to announcing a deal to increase the alliance's stake in Russia's AvtoVAZ, the maker of Lada cars, to aid growth there.

A resurrection of Datsun would follow a growing trend to bring back heritage nameplates, including Toyota's 86, or "Hachi-roku" sports car, Chrysler's Dodge Dart and partner Fiat's 500.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Datsun car really solid metal. If crash with new Toyota Camry/Merc/BMW all will lose out.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This used to be the family car when I was young.

$(KGrHqR,!iYE6Z2WfKTqBOuu)f4ikw~~60_58.JPG

Was about to mention this car, Datsun 100A, I don't own cars, but many, many years back, before the COE thing, my friend give me lifts to work in his dad Datsun 100A. He couldn't afford a new car yet, that car was heading for "National Iron & Steel", falling apart, but the engine was solid. Never forgot that old car, that turned head...ha ha ha DATSUN 100A, I will never forget!!:wink:

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I & thousands of student drivers learn't to drive in a Datsun. In those days Datsuns dominated that sector of that market :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then, there was the Datsun Bluebird, 610?, 710? interesting they are bringing back the DATSUN!, how about the Honda Accord's! sedan, coupe... I don't own any cars, but I enjoy, riding & looking at cars...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was about to mention this car, Datsun 100A, I don't own cars, but many, many years back, before the COE thing, my friend give me lifts to work in his dad Datsun 100A. He couldn't afford a new car yet, that car was heading for "National Iron & Steel", falling apart, but the engine was solid. Never forgot that old car, that turned head...ha ha ha DATSUN 100A, I will never forget!!:wink:

I think it was called the Cherry too, at that time.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and yes, this was my FIRST car, same two door model when I was very very very yung
even overhauled the engine myself

4517169832_0535c22e0f.jpg

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I still remember taking driving lessons, with Lambert's school of driving in Balmoral Road, from my home to Ubi and back on what I considered a fucking coolest car an L-plater could get his hands on.

Got aircon somemore! Dun play play!

2561731336_92e6b37822_b.jpg

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
you like that one la, no wonder you are on her ignore list LOL

Aiyah he small gas lah. He very power joke other people can. I no power joke him kena zap and ignore :(

Edit: Just notice, why you say Alamaking is her, really charbor meh :confused:

Last edited: