• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyclist face planted after hitting pot hole, lorry almost crushed her

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if she rode in a single file, this would not have happened.
Never ride in big groups especially with people you are not familiar. Ideally 5 in a group of straight line with a strong leader who should spot potholes or objects, the back riders should watch the paceline carefully especially in the dark.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From the video, look like it the pasir panjang viaduct towards west coast. She was lucky there no towhead with 40ft 30 tons trailer behind the group. I always wonder are cyclists allow to go up the viaduct? This vehicle viaduct is especially dangerous as it was specifically built to let towhead to transfer containers between brani and pasir panjang containers terminals. Towheads hundreds if not thousand of trips per day 24/7. Each container give driver about $5 per trip on top of basic salary. So many will thunder along the viaduct as fast as they dare. There many potholes as the viaduct maintenance crews cannot keep up with the wear and tear.
It’s all about visibility, I’ve rode past in bright daylight alone. The big trucks does cause a turbulence but as long as they are not harbouring intent to kill you, it is ok.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She fell into lane 2, that where the towhead will be if it was overtaking the cyclists. She was lucky the 16 ft lorry manage to avoid her by driving into lane 1. That lorry could be on the way to wholesale centre.
I repeat that is a dangerous stretch of road for cyclists.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She fell into lane 2, that where the towhead will be if it was overtaking the cyclists. She was lucky the 16 ft lorry manage to avoid her by driving into lane 1. That lorry could be on the way to wholesale centre.
I repeat that is a dangerous stretch of road for cyclists.
Everywhere in Singapore is. However East Coast Park Connector is far more dangerous. Today I bang into a dumb arse who just dash into the park connector and make an indecisive change in direction, see how dangerous Park Connectors are?

orpisia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of female tdf riders here are pinoy PRs. Friendlier than local girls.
pinays can't afford to be dao, since they're uglier and lower ses. Local girls dao also nevermind, as long as chio, the guys will still flock to them.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never ride in big groups especially with people you are not familiar. Ideally 5 in a group of straight line with a strong leader who should spot potholes or objects, the back riders should watch the paceline carefully especially in the dark.
it’s safer to have all sexperienced riders in the peloton. one noob is all it takes to end in tragedy when trucks are zipping by.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
These machines are killer machines in the hands of dumb handlers. Will you stay away from the kitchen because the knife is dangerous? I know The Hypocrite will.
Erm, I don't venture into the kitchen actually. Well, maybe once in a very long while to change the battery on the wall clock there.