• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyberflashing is sexual harassment for the smartphone era

TheHumanLeague

Alfrescian
Loyal

f8d6c249628e6c0c6194c662a916c389.jpg

Cyberflashing is sexual harassment for the smartphone era

By William Turton Aug 13, 2015, 5:00pm CT | Last updated Aug 13, 2015, 5:05pm CT

Spend enough time in a big city, and you'll probably get flashed—or, as the police like to call it, “indecent exposure.” But have you ever been cyberflashed?

That’s what happened to a 34-year-old British woman while on a train in South London. Lorraine Crighton-Smith received two pictures of an unknown man’s penis via the AirDrop feature on her iPhone.

AirDrop has a couple of different sharing settings: Off, contacts only, or everyone. It's that last one that leaves the door open for creeps.

Crighton-Smith told the BBC she had the feature set to receive files from everyone because she was using it to share photos with friends. “I had Airdrop switched on because I had been using it previously to send photos to another iPhone user—and a picture appeared on the screen of a man's penis, which I was quite shocked by,” she said.

She declined the image only to be met with another image of the mystery man’s penis right after.

Crighton-Smith reported the mystery wang incident to the British Transport Police, but because she did not accept the photo of the unidentified genitals, there was no way to trace the photo back to the deviant. “What's the next stage from sending a naked photograph to a stranger—what happens next, was he getting any sort of gratification from it?” she said.

This is one of the first cases of cyberflashing seen by British police.

In case you're wondering how to protect yourself: Just never leave AirDrop open to “everyone” anytime you're in public.