• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cyber security is a very lucrative industry to be in right now?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently, I noticed that there are many advertisements popping up on YouTube, TikTok and Facebook promoting Cyber Security courses and how much you can earn after taking the course. Is it that easy? Or is it another scam?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently, I noticed that there are many advertisements popping up on YouTube, TikTok and Facebook promoting Cyber Security courses and how much you can earn after taking the course. Is it that easy? Or is it another scam?
Anything that is over-hyped is a scam.
What makes everyone think you can be a cyber-security expert just by taking a course?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
depends on a lot of factors. Someone I know in cybersecurity is literally billing in the millions per year.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone I know in politics is making billions per year with no accountability. Sheeple continue to be sheeple.

That sb is eunuch loong.

JakeWade

Alfrescian
Loyal
While it's an exciting field with plenty of opportunities, I'd say it's not as easy as it might seem in those ads. Earning your stripes in cybersecurity typically requires dedication, continuous learning, and hands-on experience. It's a bit like solving a never-ending puzzle, which is both challenging and rewarding.

As for the comptia datasys+ certification, it's definitely worth looking into, but it's crucial to do your homework. Not all certifications are created equal, so make sure it aligns with your career goals and is recognized within the industry.