• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crumbling of Singapore?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I cut and paste others' comments from another forum because I agree with them and gave credit to the writer. It's a start point for other forummers to follow-up with me if they wish to and I will continue from there. Is that wrong?

They can do that in your dedicated thread too if they wish. Nobody is being silenced.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are certain sections that I try to keep as neat and as tidy as possible so I decided that your copy and paste efforts were messing up a good thread because they did not contribute to the cut and thrust of the debate regarding the issue of "crumbling Singapore".

When schools are institutions hold debating contests, there is a format that needs to be followed and time checks to make sure that no one party hogs the limelight. You can't just interject whenever you feel like it.

All I'm doing is trying to maintain the exchange of opinions for and against the motion so that the momentum can be maintained as far as possible. Just a couple of days ago, I decided that I wanted to contribute a rebuttal but when I tried to find the post that I wanted to rebut, I had a hell of a time wading through at least 30 of your clippings in order to find it.

Debates need to have contributions from both sides of the fence in order to make for interesting reading. By trying to monopolise the thread with your anti PAP rants, you're effectively shutting down the thread because those who want to post opposing views are effectively drowned out.

Thanks for your understanding.

Your post #1618 adds value to the debate?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can do that in your dedicated thread too if they wish. Nobody is being silenced.

Does the below post by SG Quitter not show that he feels that SG is crumbling?

"Quote from SG-Quitters:

"In Chinatown, there were PRC women in their forties flirting with local old retirees. The Singapore consulate in China must be blind and daft to grant PR status to these women. What economic values can these middle age women bring to Singapore except to con those dirty old men of their retirement fund and hopefully cast a vote in favor of PAP? The government should check it out in Chinatown. If they bring in another million FTs as planned, the City is going to explode with overloaded infrastructures."

and is it not rlevant in this thread?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
shouldnt you remove only offensive, racial or religious postings?

were my postings offensive, racial? or were they removed because they make no sense to you?

I don't remove anything. If I consider a post to be absolute rubbish, I merely move it to the rubbish folder. If it's religious, I move it to the religious folder and so on.

Consider it be like a book shop. You don't want to walk into one and find magazines, fiction, non fiction, technical, biographies all stuffed into the shelves at random. You'd never be able to find anything and customers would soon abandon the place.

Go to any bookshop or library including on-line versions and you find all items are sorted by category. Fiction on one set of shelves. Non fiction on another. Technical magazines get a couple of rows. Gossip magazines get their own separate set of shelves. It's called organisation into categories.

That is what I'm trying to do here.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
not silenced doesnt mean that their full view was denied.

that's still censorship

If you wrote a book that was fiction and you asked the publishers to instruct the retailers to place it in the non-fiction category but they refused and insisted on listing it under fiction, would that be considered "censorship"?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't remove anything. If I consider a post to be absolute rubbish, I merely move it to the rubbish folder. If it's religious, I move it to the religious folder and so on.

removing a post from a thread is removing. it rendered the post ineffective.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you wrote a book that was fiction and you asked the publishers to instruct the retailers to place it in the non-fiction category but they refused and insisted on listing it under fiction, would that be considered "censorship"?

removing a post from a thread is not removing?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
removing a post from a thread is not removing?

I'm not "removing". I'm simply "moving".

If I removed your TV set, you wouldn't be able to watch TV anymore. If I moved it, you'd still be able to watch TV in the new location. :p

Why are you being so stubborn over this issue? I've given you a sticky thread. I've patiently explained why I did what I did. Surely you can extend the courtesy of allowing me to organise my forum and the threads it contains the way I think it should be categorised.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically, take a mirror and reflect on your postings in this thread. As Freedalas said, you were the one who posted many useless pictures and articles..spamming the thread.

Did anyone object to your own useless postings?? You got the cheek to talk abt housekeeping now! You are the greatest violator.

hopefully you are more discerning now with your postings and comments..dont be frivolous.

you think you saw the speck in others' eyes but can you see the huge plank in your own eye .

such hypocrisy!!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not "removing". I'm simply "moving".

If I removed your TV set, you wouldn't be able to watch TV anymore. If I moved it, you'd still be able to watch TV in the new location. :p

Why are you being so stubborn over this issue? I've given you a sticky thread. I've patiently explained why I did what I did. Surely you can extend the courtesy of allowing me to organise my forum and the threads it contains the way I think it should be categorised.

I want you to see the hypocrisy in you!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Basically, take a mirror and reflect on your postings in this thread. As Freedalas said, you were the one who posted many useless pictures and articles..spamming the thread.

I have posted articles early in the thread that I felt could be used to support my rebuttals. I then decided that it would be better to consolidate all the articles that prove that Singapore is doing well in one thread here so I have stopped posting them in the "Is Singapore is crumbling thread and I am now posting them in this thread.

All I'm asking now is that you do the same thing that I am doing. Is that too much to ask? I'm not imposing anything on you that I have not imposed on myself.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

You dont have to entertain me if you dont think that I make sense..just ignore me!!

Just like the your gripe abt Singaporeans' not willing to pay for their maids when I have already made a case that they do pay well for their maids.

Instead of of complaining pettily, you should check your facts!!!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have posted articles early in the thread that I felt could be used to support my rebuttals. I then decided that it would be better to consolidate all the articles that prove that Singapore is doing well in one thread here so I have stopped posting them in the "Is Singapore is crumbling thread and I am now posting them in this thread.

All I'm asking now is that you do the same thing that I am doing. Is that too much to ask? I'm not imposing anything on you that I have not imposed on myself.

hahahaha..after what u said abt me and after the tick off from Freedalas!!!

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You dont have to entertain me if you dont think that I make sense..just ignore me!!

Just like the your gripe abt Singaporeans' not willing to pay for their maids when I have already made a case that they do pay well for their maids.

Instead of of complaining pettily, you should check your facts!!!

Paid well??? Are you kidding me. Making anyone work the number of hours a maid has to work in Singapore in NZ, OZ, Canada and countless other countries and you'd be hauled to court to face charges for abuse.

When it comes to this issue, you're talking through your arsehole. Thankfully, there are only a handful of countries where slave labour is allowed. It's sad that Singapore is one of them.

The Southern States fought an almighty civil war over slavery using the same justifications which you used when you did your maid "costing" and came up with your figure of $1526.:rolleyes:

Until Singapore sends all it's slave labour home, I will continue to brand the whole country a bunch of uncivilised pricks.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until Singapore sends all it's slave labour home, I will continue to brand the whole country a bunch of uncivilised pricks.

And I thought I was radical! I cannot plus rep you anymore but I came to the same conclusion.

1) To ensure the lower rungs of society can survive and live with dignity, we have to drastically reduce dependency on foreign workers (FWs) for our blue collar workforce.
2) To alleviate structural employment of PMETs and promote re-employment into the workforce, drastically reduce the number of PRs and workpass holders and target a reduction in foreign workforce over time.

However the real resistance will come from ordinary Singaporeans, the same ones who rant against the PAP as the lifestyles they know would be compromised. However please do not forget it was the PAP who brought in the Trojan Horse, and since there isn't any unhappy people demonstrating in the streets all must be well, says the 60.1%. Ordinary people going about their lives everyday have no idea how bad things are until they eventually fall into one of the two groups highlighted above.

So Leongsam, besides the "greedy and complacent" Singaporean whiner who needs to be chided, "greedy and unproductive" business owners and their enablers in politics and public administration also need to be taken to task. Behaviors can be changed to a certain extent with properly targeted legislation.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rights

The Southern States fought an almighty civil war over slavery using the same justifications which you used when you did your maid "costing" and came up with your figure of $1526.:rolleyes:

I agree with LeongSam regarding this especially the part about the American Civil War. To date, I support the blue to destroy slavery. Maids must have basic human rights too. 24 hrs and 7 days a week is way too much.

I have been writing against slavery for some time. Tripartite unions and maids issue must be addressed.

Democracy (today's definition) : freedom and human rights.