• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Cristiano Ronaldo is a false idol'

DavidVilla

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Cristiano Ronaldo is a false idol'

3552652_heroa.jpg

Stephen Crawford
Aug 7, 2016 13:50:00

A divisive figure, the Portuguese icon is a source of inspiration for some, while others feel the player's ego is detrimental, as one famous actress made clear in an interview

Spanish actress Elena Anaya has hit out at Cristiano Ronaldo, labelling the Real Madrid attacker a “harmful figure” and a “false idol”.

Anaya, who starred alongside Antonio Banderas in Pedro Almodovar's critically acclaimed 2010 film The Skin I Live In, was critical of Ronaldo's attitude in general, claiming that his ego is damaging to society.

“We live an era in which harmful figures like Cristiano Ronaldo are praised,” Anaya said in an interview with El Mundo.

"I wanted Portugal to win Euro 2016, but I didn't want Ronaldo to score. He's a false idol as he promotes selfish values.

“How can you celebrate a victory by taking your shirt off instead of hugging your friends? These are individualistic and materialistic values that damage society.”