• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Crime in jb

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I been to various parts of Malaysia on a very frequent basis for the past decade and am pleased to say I have never had any issues worth noting.

Back in '98 when I was driving a 3.0L Accord, my car's immobilizer was frequently activated even though I was staying at Mont Kira. It seems the gangs targeting my car knew where I stayed, worked and my schedule well enough.

I first tried parking my car in places tow trucks could not reach - basement car parks with tight corners, parking head in with steering turned to one side, installing a shift gate lock and a steering lock and subsequently changing to a cheaper car when I noticed that I was followed on the NS highway.

Fortunately for me, their Sagas and Civics - at one point they used a Mercedes - could not keep up with me and that I was very used to sustaining speeds in excess of 200km/h for extended periods on those highways. They also tried to stage an accident in way ahead of me to stop my car, but I was familiar with using road shoulders and taking the car for a little off roading.

But I do notice that many Singaporeans I've came across can be identified from across the streets mainly by their speech which can sometimes get really irritating - they way the behave that is.

They usually park their cars in corners for fear of getting it scratched or dented, left valuables visible in the seats of their cars or parking in such a way that their vehicles could be easily towed away.

Most are just too unaware of their surroundings making them like rabbits to eagles. Frankly, I would target them myself too if I were to be an undesirable character.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not sure if you've heard this one...
A lao jiao traveller told me one of the best ways to defend against pickpocketing is to strap your wallet with rubber band[/COLOR][/B]

A better strategy is to carry a second wallet with a small sum. Even if you lose that wallet, you don't loose your credit cards, IC, etc

The wallet with the bulk of the $$$ is in a safe in the hotel or on day trip in JB in a front pocket.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
how to be safe in jb? dress like them, walk like them, talk like them. they wont even bother to take 2nd look at u.