• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF: when reality hits you like a rock

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why, you jealous ah?

quitters are losers
no jealousy
quitters need to be replenished by sbf
only the strong and the best stay and fight the battle
losers are quitters and guitters have no balls

so no credibility
got balls come back and fight the battle

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
quitters are losers
no jealousy
quitters need to be replenished by sbf
only the strong and the best stay and fight the battle
losers are quitters and guitters have no balls

so no credibility
got balls come back and fight the battle

I'll come back when it's time to vote.
For now, will continue to badmouth pap to sinkies and foreigners :biggrin:

Sinkies, claim back Sg!
PAP is not Sg!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another idiotic article./

quitters should remain where they are - outside

U are in a country Of quitters.take a look around.at work and in the MRT and malls,can u hear it?the hills are alive....with the sound of quitting!!!!with songs from a land....of a thousand quitters!!!!!

The hills fill my heart...with the sound of Tagalog and Chao ni ma!!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is most fearful is the reality that one fine day, we wake up & find out that, those responsible for our CPF have all gone & what we have on paper say $145,000 is now $1,450....whom can we bang our heads against??

That is the reality...not all the promises of future money, as in returns, interests etc...or extended withdrawal...think about this! CAN YOU TRUST these people for another say 10 years..never mind, another 50 years..or shorter 5 years??

It's best to consider CPF $ as a write-off. If the day arrive and you get to feel your $, take it as tiok beh pio.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll come back when it's time to vote.
For now, will continue to badmouth pap to sinkies and foreigners :biggrin:

Sinkies, claim back Sg!
PAP is not Sg!

quitters are just quitters
stay and fight
not just bad mouth and then return to reap the fruits of our labour
fuck lah

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Well, everybody has a car, we have two - my wife drives one, I drive one. We are both professionals, we need to travel."

-Dr Koh Poh Koon, PAP Punggol-East Candidate

I farking wonder why they include CARS in the inflation basket of goods? Everyone Sporean got cars meh? Do you know some MPs have more than 1 cars?

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
quitters are just quitters
stay and fight
not just bad mouth and then return to reap the fruits of our labour
fuck lah

Badmouth is to malu the pap government, they like international standing and punch above its weight right?
Quitter? You calling lhl's son prince hong yi?
Pap is reaping the fruits of the labour of the hardworking sinkies. Like the traitor you, leeching on sinkies' blood money.

Oh, you can bend down ass up, I don't mind fucking your asshole if you enjoy it

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on the article by "A Singaporean in Australia" (http://wwwasingaporeanson.blogspot.com.au), someone made a spreadsheet that will predict your CPF minimum sum when you hit 55.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...0MgURoize-xTu1ysvU2nvA/htmlview?usp=drive_web

Reality hits hard when you realized how much the minimum sum will be and how unlikely you will be able to see your CPF sum return to you. Based of $120,000 in 2003 (used to be a target of $120,00 by 2013)..

It also got me thinking

1. Why did the government use a 6% inflation rate? Neither our wage, bank interest or CPF rates are anywhere near that.

2. CPF contribution is capped at $1,575 based on the maximum $4,500. How will the younger generation ever be able to accumulate enough to keep up with this rate?

By the time my son reaches 55, his CPF minimum sum would be a whopping $3mil!

Another classic example of dumbfuck opposition supporting retard talking cock without actually reading the CPF website believing in stupid bullshit on the net

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-Cpf/reach-55/Reach55-2.htm

the minimum sum was a plan adjustment to 130K(2003 level adjusted for inflation), final revision is 2015. If will not continue at that rate after that. At worse follow inflation

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumfuck opposition supporting retard never read CPF website. They were raising minimum sum to $120K till 2015, the next and last big raise will be next year. after that they will probably only increase via inflation rate. In the next 20 years it should not go beyond 300K let alone 3 million

How are you so sure it will not go beyond $300k in the next 20 years when it went from $80,000 to $155,000 in just 10 years?!

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another classic example of dumbfuck opposition supporting retard talking cock without actually reading the CPF website believing in stupid bullshit on the net

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-Cpf/reach-55/Reach55-2.htm

the minimum sum was a plan adjustment to 130K(2003 level adjusted for inflation), final revision is 2015. If will not continue at that rate after that. At worse follow inflation

Ah, you finally learned how to spell dumb fuck. But I wonder who the real dumb fuck is. Do a simple search and many archives (including articles on CPF website) will tell you that the government announced in 2005 that CPF minimum sum be "gradually raised to $120,000 by 2013"

What is our CPF minimum sum raised to in 2013? It currently stands $148,000. The reason was that it was adjusted for inflation to be the equivalent of $120,000 in 2003.

Now that we are on the same page (and I hope you're smart enough to follow), what is that inflation rate? Well, it was an average of 6% and clearly shown by the Singaporean Australian blogger. You think he picked the last 10 years for fun?

Now that we are clear the inflation rate used is 6% on an average. It is not difficult to calculate what the CPF minimum sum would be using the same rate.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Reality hits hard when you realized how much the minimum sum will be and how unlikely you will be able to see your CPF sum return to you. Based of $120,000 in 2003 (used to be a target of $120,00 by 2013)..

People who keep harping about wanting to "see" their CPF before they die do not understand asset management.

When Singaporeans reach retirement and no longer earn a monthly salary, they have to rely on their assets in order to pay the bills.

Assets are entities that yield a $ return and for many people, Their CPF deposits may be the only asset they have to keep them going till they die. The last thing on earth they should do is spend the money because they'll then have zero assets.

I currently have assets which yield about $350,000 per year after taxes. However, I will never "see" those assets. They're all locked up in a family trust and a holding company. I can't touch them.

When I die, all these assets have been willed to another trust that I have set up and the trust will be managed by the trustees to take care of animal welfare.

Assets are there to be treasured. They should never be a source of spending money.

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are the one who should be detained
your stupidities are mind boggling

the cpf rally was an utter failure
so what after the 600 people made their stand
on muddy ground

stupid rally
no substance
just hollow
many go there to pee

cpf is as solid as the rock
majulah singapura

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who keep harping about wanting to "see" their CPF before they die do not understand asset management.

Clearly, you do not really understand the difference between CPF and Asset Management. Would you take your asset today and place it under CPF? No you wouldn't because if you will not be able to manage your asset against returns, risk and opportunity cost.

The term asset management meant, first and foremost, you have control over your asset. We do not have control when our funds are in CPF. We neither have control nor visibility as to how our funds are managed and their returns. CPF functions like a fixed deposit but you cannot decide not to invest nor you cannot decide what to invest.

The majority of my capital assets are managed off shore for ~12% return per annum after tax. The opportunity cost of leaving my money in CPF is tremendous.

I would have gladly leave my money in CPF if

1. CPF is THE investment vehicle (not Temasek or GIC) and all returns are passed on to CPF members.
  2. I have the right to decide where to invest, what to invest and when to invest.
  3. I have the right to choose to whom I will my assets to when I'm gone and how much. Not that CPF Life shit we are forced to eat.

Leaving money in CPF is like leaving the in a bank who then used the money for their own investment (Temasek and GIC). Most financially astute individuals do not do that. They leave their money directly with hedge funds or investment firms.

Last edited: