• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The first ones were those that ate the wild animals? They should be among the first few of the 106 who are dead now.

Some reports indicated that about a third of the first 41 cases reported on 2nd Jan had no links to the Wuhan HuaNan Seafood Centre. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

jw5

Loyal
Yeah, I was wondering whether cowbellc was asking how it first started or the mode of transmission. That's why I think it's useful for China to provide a profile of the fatal cases so far, so that the rest of the world can understand the situation better. But knowing China, looks like we all tankuku.

The first ones were those that ate the wild animals? They should be among the first few of the 106 who are dead now.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Some reports indicated that about a third of the first 41 cases reported on 2nd Jan had no links to the Wuhan HuaNan Seafood Centre. :coffee::coffee::coffee:
Person to person transmission then. The 1/3 had to have contact with the 2/3 who were at the seafood center or ate the wild animals.

jw5

Loyal
But as usual, we can never get any official reports from China about the nature of the fatal cases. Even with these indicative reports, we don't know whether no links mean they didn't work in the Centre, whether they ate the animals, whether they were family members of the first 2 groups, whether they were just people on the streets who caught it from one of those fuckers, etc etc. Even if they can't find a cure for the virus or how serious it can get, at least provide the statistics of what has happened so far.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yeah, I was wondering whether cowbellc was asking how it first started or the mode of transmission. That's why I think it's useful for China to provide a profile of the fatal cases so far, so that the rest of the world can understand the situation better. But knowing China, looks like we all tankuku.
I think it is still early days, and the commies are still trying to find their feet. But yes, they are selfish and secretive. I am guessing fatalities would depend on quite a few variables. Body immunity system, age, health, allergies, will to live, etc. Just like the common flu is common but fatal to some?

jw5

Loyal
Even if person to person transmission, it would be useful to know what type of contact they had. Just strangers? family members, relatives or friends? business or retail relationship? Because although too little is know about the disease, there are obviously some survivors as well. Critical to know how they manage to survive, and info for these might be attained from understanding the fatal cases better.

Person to person transmission then. The 1/3 had to have contact with the 2/3 who were at the seafood center or ate the wild animals.

jw5

Loyal
I think you are right on the factors, will to live perhaps less a factor for this type of disease. :biggrin:
But all these info on the fatal cases will certainly be useful. Don't need overworked medical personnel to compile these, China has plenty of bureaucrats who can do this admin job.

I think it is still early days, and the commies are still trying to find their feet. But yes, they are selfish and secretive. I am guessing fatalities would depend on quite a few variables. Body immunity system, age, health, allergies, will to live, etc. Just like the common flu is common but fatal to some?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I think you are right on the factors, will to live perhaps less a factor for this type of disease. :biggrin:
But all these info on the fatal cases will certainly be useful. Don't need overworked medical personnel to compile these, China has plenty of bureaucrats who can do this admin job.
Added the will to live to try inject a little humour lah.:biggrin: And yes, for the benefit of mankind, China needs to do the right thing. They caused this!

Besides this wuhan virus, I believe this is also the flu season, right? I have friends and family members down with the flu. What a fucking perfect storm.

Reactions: jw5

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I think they are releasing some info, bit by bit.

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-01/28/c_138739575.htm
Good that they are releasing more info.

-transmitted mainly through air droplets, but touching can spread the virus too.

-main source of infection at present is the people who are infected with the virus.

-People are generally susceptible to the virus, including children and infants, elderly people and people with underlying health problems such as diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular diseases are more prone to become severely ill.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
sbfwuhan1.jpeg

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Added the will to live to try inject a little humour lah.:biggrin: And yes, for the benefit of mankind, China needs to do the right thing. They caused this!

Besides this wuhan virus, I believe this is also the flu season, right? I have friends and family members down with the flu. What a fucking perfect storm.
Upsize?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
At this point in time, Pinky is still right, as much as this Wuhan virus can spread very fast, the fatality rate remains at around 2.5%

SARS was about 10% fatality, MERS about 30%.
But he is no expert. Was advised to say that by his sinkie "experts". Real world experts with years of experience can already see where this wuhan virus is heading.