• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [COVID-19 Virus] PAP response to 2019 nCov Situation

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
No sir. More LKY less seafood loong. :unsure:

LKY started PAP. LKY put LHL in charge too.

Seriously if you talk to enough of you man on the street average sinkie you will realise they share the values and principles as the PAP MPs and Ministers.

Don't mistake their complaints about PAP as being anti-PAP.

Look at the content of their complaints and unhappiness. Generally sinkies are selfish people. Care about themselves. You die is your business not mine. I need to earn money. I want to make more money. I don't want to do menial stuff that it beneath me. You earn less than me you are inferior to me. Why must I wait in queue? This is MINE!

A simple test is asking people about paying more taxes to have a universal health care system. You will find people saying things like I don't smoke don't drink and keep healthy why must I pay for those who smoke and drink alcohol?

Things like that lah. PAP actually has been listening to the people and giving them what they want. Of course some things really cannot lah for example want no queue zero wait time etc plus pay low fees.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I will share with you the PAP govt's approach to any health crisis.

Calm the public. Say it is not that bad. everything is ok. Don't panic. Life goes on. The economy goes on.

I know because I was on the front lines of SARS back in 2003. I lived through MOH telling SGH healthcare staff NOT to wear N95 masks because it would cause everyone to want to wear a mask in the hospital. This contributed to the outbreak of SARS in SGH. Coupled with their crazy decision to send patients from TTSH which was SARS ground zero to SGH! And have to cheek to ask us NOT to wear N95 masks when seeing the transferred patients.

This is how Dr Alex Chao and Dr Chng Siew Ping got SARS when we did the cholecystectomy on the SARS patient transferred from TTSH. Also the nurses who kena.

For the PAP and Singaporeans, economy ie $$$$ is the most important thing in the world. If it wasn't for SARS and all the shit that happened I would not have migrated to Canada.

I myself got a fever and was admitted to TTSH next to Dr Chng Siew Ping. But I did not contract SARS. I dodged the bullet. Nevertheless during the following quarantine after discharge I had to make the difficult decision with my wife to move our family (just my wife, myself and my 2 year old daughter and 1 year old son) back to our flat. We were living with my in laws before that. And we decided if it was to be then we would die together as a family.

After the quarantine period I went back to work at SGH. Strict measures. Wearing N95, gown. Knowing how to put it on without touching the front. Showering before going home. Changing into the white T shirt and blue pants. Plastic bag all writing equipment notebooks pens.

Up to this day I will not forgive the fucking MOH and SGH admin people for their blatant mismanagement and negligence. FUCK SINGAPORE!
Thank you for the insight. That's just so typical of this uncaring, power hungry and money grabbing government. I am glad you weren't infected and left this shithole to seek a better and more meaningful, fulfilling existence.

I read that surgical masks are good enough against these viruses (contained in droplets) and also more comfortable to wear. N95 masks are uncomfortable and effective against small haze particles. Is this correct?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thank you for the insight. That's just so typical of this uncaring, power hungry and money grabbing government. I am glad you weren't infected and left this shithole to seek a better and more meaningful, fulfilling existence.

I read that surgical masks are good enough against these viruses (contained in droplets) and also more comfortable to wear. N95 masks are uncomfortable and effective against small haze particles. Is this correct?

Thanks. it is not just the government. it is the sinkie society that shares the same values too.

Surgical masks are not enough. N95 masks have to be fitted properly to ensure a proper seal when wearing it. It acts as a filter for what you breathe in. very uncomfortable. You can imagine how we worked for months wearing those masks in hot humid sinkieland.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Thanks. it is not just the government. it is the sinkie society that shares the same values too.

Surgical masks are not enough. N95 masks have to be fitted properly to ensure a proper seal when wearing it. It acts as a filter for what you breathe in. very uncomfortable. You can imagine how we worked for months wearing those masks in hot humid sinkieland.
Yes, I can't stand the skewed values too. And I believe I am in the minority.

N95 masks, even with an exhaust hole to expell warm moist exhaled air is very uncomfortable. Not easy to wear. I asked because I came across this article which states that surgical masks are ideal for this wuhan virus.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...n95-masks-to-guard-against-wuhan-virus-spread

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I can't stand the skewed values too. And I believe I am in the minority.

N95 masks, even with an exhaust hole to expell warm moist exhaled air is very uncomfortable. Not easy to wear. I asked because I came across this article which states that surgical masks are ideal for this wuhan virus.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...n95-masks-to-guard-against-wuhan-virus-spread
It protect environment from YOU. Very civic minded if u ask me. For now is right. :smile:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY started PAP. LKY put LHL in charge too.

Seriously if you talk to enough of you man on the street average sinkie you will realise they share the values and principles as the PAP MPs and Ministers.

Don't mistake their complaints about PAP as being anti-PAP.

Look at the content of their complaints and unhappiness. Generally sinkies are selfish people. Care about themselves. You die is your business not mine. I need to earn money. I want to make more money. I don't want to do menial stuff that it beneath me. You earn less than me you are inferior to me. Why must I wait in queue? This is MINE!

A simple test is asking people about paying more taxes to have a universal health care system. You will find people saying things like I don't smoke don't drink and keep healthy why must I pay for those who smoke and drink alcohol?

Things like that lah. PAP actually has been listening to the people and giving them what they want. Of course some things really cannot lah for example want no queue zero wait time etc plus pay low fees.
LKY would sacrifice for public good. Rather than say Loong appeal to selfish sinkies, more accurate to say it is business interests over public interests. Otherwise those guess the race, send them back to India xenophobes would not be complaining online about being snubbed by Loong and co.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
It protect environment from YOU. Very civic minded if u ask me. For now is right. :smile:
OK noted. But we know MOH is playing down the dangers so as not to cause public panic. So I kind of have doubts that surgical masks are good enough to protect the wearer from the environment.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes I bought those for my family too. Found them to be inhumane! Then bought this with the exhaust valve. But still very uncomfortable.

14RN81_AS01

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020 To: All Physicians and Front-Line Clinical Staff From: Medical Officers of Health, Alberta Health Services Subject: Overview of Wuhan novel Coronavirus On December 31, 2019, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission in Hubei province, China, issued a public statement that they had identified an outbreak of pneumonia of unknown cause. This is now believed to be caused by a novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). As of January 22, 2020, there are 440 cases in China (mostly in Wuhan) along with isolated cases in South Korea, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, and United States. Chinese authorities have reported evidence of person-to-person spread, and some healthcare workers in China have developed a nCoV respiratory illness. That being said, nCoV remains rare and a respiratory illness in a traveler returning from China is likely caused by more common pathogens like influenza. Currently, there are no reports of confirmed cases of infection in Canada of 2019-nCoV. Severe illness from 2019-nCoV is possible, and there have been reported deaths in China. However, many patients have had milder illness, which possibly suggests that 2019-nCoV is not as severe as MERS-CoV or SARS. Alberta Health Services has established a leadership group that is actively monitoring the situation and is ensuring that all steps are being taken to protect the public and healthcare workers should there be any cases in Alberta. Recommendations for Healthcare Providers: If you suspect your patient may have 2019-nCoV, please do the following: a) Have patient don procedure mask immediately, and place in a separate area with Contact and Droplet Precautions as soon as possible.  Care providers should don appropriate Contact & Droplet PPE (e.g., gloves, procedure mask, eye protection and gowns if available). Use airborne precautions if performing an aerosolgenerating medical procedure. b) Take a thorough travel/exposure history from patients with acute respiratory conditions. Patients are at highest risk if they meet any of the below criteria:  Travelled to Wuhan, China within 14 days prior to onset of symptoms;  Had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of 2019-nCoV within 14 days prior to onset of symptoms;  Within 14 days prior to onset of symptoms, visited a hospital/healthcare facility known to have treated confirmed 2019-nCoV cases. c) Call your Zone Medical Officer of Health (MOH) - contact information can be found here: www.ahs.ca/assets/info/hp/phys/if-hp-phys-clin-moh-on-call-contact-information.pdf d) After patient leaves, clean room and medical equipment using routine cleaning agents. e) Settling time for rooms is not required after patient leaves. f) Notify Infection Prevention & Control at your site, if applicable. Lab Testing and Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Resources:  www.ahs.ca/assets/wf/lab/wf-lab-bulletin-novel-coronavirus-detected-in-wuhan-china.pdfwww.ahs.ca/info/Page10531.aspx Additional Reference:  www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

Just got this from Alberta Health Services.

Interesting they don't think it is airborne hence no recommendation on N95 either.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020 To: All Physicians and Front-Line Clinical Staff From: Medical Officers of Health, Alberta Health Services Subject: Overview of Wuhan novel Coronavirus On December 31, 2019, the Wuhan Municipal Health Commission in Hubei province, China, issued a public statement that they had identified an outbreak of pneumonia of unknown cause. This is now believed to be caused by a novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). As of January 22, 2020, there are 440 cases in China (mostly in Wuhan) along with isolated cases in South Korea, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, and United States. Chinese authorities have reported evidence of person-to-person spread, and some healthcare workers in China have developed a nCoV respiratory illness. That being said, nCoV remains rare and a respiratory illness in a traveler returning from China is likely caused by more common pathogens like influenza. Currently, there are no reports of confirmed cases of infection in Canada of 2019-nCoV. Severe illness from 2019-nCoV is possible, and there have been reported deaths in China. However, many patients have had milder illness, which possibly suggests that 2019-nCoV is not as severe as MERS-CoV or SARS. Alberta Health Services has established a leadership group that is actively monitoring the situation and is ensuring that all steps are being taken to protect the public and healthcare workers should there be any cases in Alberta. Recommendations for Healthcare Providers: If you suspect your patient may have 2019-nCoV, please do the following: a) Have patient don procedure mask immediately, and place in a separate area with Contact and Droplet Precautions as soon as possible.  Care providers should don appropriate Contact & Droplet PPE (e.g., gloves, procedure mask, eye protection and gowns if available). Use airborne precautions if performing an aerosolgenerating medical procedure. b) Take a thorough travel/exposure history from patients with acute respiratory conditions. Patients are at highest risk if they meet any of the below criteria:  Travelled to Wuhan, China within 14 days prior to onset of symptoms;  Had contact with a suspected or confirmed case of 2019-nCoV within 14 days prior to onset of symptoms;  Within 14 days prior to onset of symptoms, visited a hospital/healthcare facility known to have treated confirmed 2019-nCoV cases. c) Call your Zone Medical Officer of Health (MOH) - contact information can be found here: www.ahs.ca/assets/info/hp/phys/if-hp-phys-clin-moh-on-call-contact-information.pdf d) After patient leaves, clean room and medical equipment using routine cleaning agents. e) Settling time for rooms is not required after patient leaves. f) Notify Infection Prevention & Control at your site, if applicable. Lab Testing and Infection Prevention & Control (IPC) Resources:  www.ahs.ca/assets/wf/lab/wf-lab-bulletin-novel-coronavirus-detected-in-wuhan-china.pdfwww.ahs.ca/info/Page10531.aspx Additional Reference:  www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

Interesting they don't think it is airborne hence no recommendation on N95 either.
Procedure mask aka surgical mask. So I guess we're good with surgical masks.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Media seem convinced person to person is certain. Rumours of healthcare workers infected also add up to airborne infection leh. Hmmm may be med people have more details to be so confident. Loong may be right after all?? :confused:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Actually they don't know. Because all the data is from China.

Look at how the China health workers are dressed though. Does it look like just surgical masks will do?

When the number of cases start increasing in developed countries with more doctors and nurses down with the virus after wearing surgical masks then they will increase the recommendation to use of N95 masks.

On the ground, I have noticed that the Canadian doctors will tell the Chief Medical officer and Ministry of Health to Fuck off and they will just wear N95 and go full protection if they want to.

During the Ebola outbreak, I was at Alberta Children's Hospital. There was a kid who came fro Africa and they were not sure if it was an area which had Ebola. The doctor in charge called the Chief Medical officer who said it is not an area with cases of Ebola. The doctor in charge said I don't care I am going to open and use the Ebola kit anyway.

So it is the call of the ground staff. Those administrators who are not on the frontline can say whatever they like but it is not their own lives they are staking.

After my experience with SARS I have learned NOT to listen to these jokers. In fact during my medical residency interview I talked about this. And the interviewer agreed with me.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinky is behaving like a Chicom emperor wannabe - social order is top priority - you die your business, just don’t mess with the basis of my power.

Anyway, I have posted before that Chinks need another SARS outbreak to teach them about basic hygiene and civic mindedness. My wish finally come true. Let’s hope this will lead to a stock market and real estate crash, so I can pick up some bargains when there’s blood on the street.

Proof that Sinkie Chinks and PRC Chinks are the same? Check out 10:58 of this video:

salim

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... it is not just the government. it is the sinkie society that shares the same values too.
Things like that lah. PAP actually has been listening to the people and giving them what they want
beg to differ. To me, it's a sign of the lack of leadership. A leader will do the right thing, however unpopular.
Unfortunately, in a democracy of one man one vote, it's always easier to pander to the voters.