• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COUPLE LOST $400K TO SCAM & BAD INVESTMENTS, NOW HAVE NOTHING

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
singaporeuncensored.com

I have made many bad financial decisions since i started working in 2011. Recently i fall into a job scam and lost about $45000, and that is the last straw. Since then, i haven’t been myself.

I decided to do a tabulation, and all in all, for the past 11 years or so, i have lost at least $200 000 (bad investment, stocks, forex, scam etc).

My husband also lost quite a bit of money in the stock market (about $150 000). All these are very painful experience as i do not earn much (Started with 2k+ per month, and now hitting 5k+ per month). My husband left his job previously and is not working for the past few years as he is pursuing further studies. We have no children and we stay in a HDB.

Based on my single income, we can still manage a decent living. However, every time i think about the financial loss we had, it will bring chills. We could have paid off our housing loan or have enjoyed more with our earnings rather than saving them away and “investing” it, with now ended with nothing. It is years of hard work and very thrifty lifestyle.

Although i have some emergency, i can’t help but to feel very “poor” and insecure.

I don’t know what i should do. I seems to have lost myself and don’t have the passion to do anything. Other than working and going home, i don’t even feel like stepping out of the house. Since i am clearing my leave recently, i have been staying home for the past one week, doing nothing and just watching drama brainlessly, sleeping at 4am and waking up after 11am. I didn’t even feel like step out of the house or talk to anyone. I have a list of things that i wanted to do but i just don’t feel like it.

Is this normal? What can i do to recover?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singaporeuncensored.com

I have made many bad financial decisions since i started working in 2011. Recently i fall into a job scam and lost about $45000, and that is the last straw. Since then, i haven’t been myself.

I decided to do a tabulation, and all in all, for the past 11 years or so, i have lost at least $200 000 (bad investment, stocks, forex, scam etc).

My husband also lost quite a bit of money in the stock market (about $150 000). All these are very painful experience as i do not earn much (Started with 2k+ per month, and now hitting 5k+ per month). My husband left his job previously and is not working for the past few years as he is pursuing further studies. We have no children and we stay in a HDB.

Based on my single income, we can still manage a decent living. However, every time i think about the financial loss we had, it will bring chills. We could have paid off our housing loan or have enjoyed more with our earnings rather than saving them away and “investing” it, with now ended with nothing. It is years of hard work and very thrifty lifestyle.

Although i have some emergency, i can’t help but to feel very “poor” and insecure.

I don’t know what i should do. I seems to have lost myself and don’t have the passion to do anything. Other than working and going home, i don’t even feel like stepping out of the house. Since i am clearing my leave recently, i have been staying home for the past one week, doing nothing and just watching drama brainlessly, sleeping at 4am and waking up after 11am. I didn’t even feel like step out of the house or talk to anyone. I have a list of things that i wanted to do but i just don’t feel like it.

Is this normal? What can i do to recover?
I assume you're chio.
You probably have done all you can to spread your risks, now it's time to spread your legs.

Alfrescian
Loyal
scams and bad investments are 2 very different things. however, in their case, the common denominator is GREED

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
This person can give our idiot A Singaporean a call. He will sell his backside to help them.
An usual another monolingual retard just like her who has no idea about investment strategy. BTW how is your arse so far? I hope you like all the clients I have referred to you. Please give me a small cut for this service.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doubt if that lady is here on SBF, but hope these can help others in similar situation.

She is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, still with the baggage of financial loss-life savings, deeply engrained in her mind, limiting her ability to move on. We Humans cant change the past but we can still change the future, & the 1st step is to let go of the baggage. There is no longer any ability to alter the mistakes made, & it would be a mistake not to alter the future but to continue living in the past. No matter what happened, it had already happened. The most important thing is that one is still breathing & alive, with abilities to live life that those on sick beds or the dead cant do.

1. Make babies-its a long term project, with a future in mind, & it will clear the mind of the past & think of the future instead. There is nothing in the World like the smile from a baby as he/she holds your fingers with his/her tiny hands & adoring eyes, trusting the parents to take care of him/her just as he/she would do the same to the parents when they are old.

2. Bake a cake, then bring it along to visit family or neighbors, to engage in light hearted discussions, to keep in touch & know that you are not alone.

3. Invite friends & peers for dinner, or just go out for dinner, have light hearted talks, similarly to keep in touch & know that you aren't the only one with problems. They too will have their share of woes, & through conversations, perhaps glimmer of solutions can be found from each other to uplift lives.

4. Take an inexpensive vacation nearby, visit the land, its people & not just shopping. See how they keep themselves alive. Stay in a good hotel, go for a spa session, & be treated like a king & Queen that you deserved for the hard work you had put in over the years. What's gone is gone, but you are still alive & breathing, capable of dreams & aspirations.

5. Go with your husband to a night's out to a family KTV, & sing your heart out, let the pain of loss out of your system, or visit some better clubs/pubs, listen to their energetic beats to uplift yourself, & forget about the loss for moments, lose yourself & just enjoy the pulsating music...

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knowledge is ever growing & critical to one's survival in an evolving World of tech & even med advancement, if one hopes to survive in the new world, to stay relevant & earn a living, & along with it, necessary foresighted govt support. We Spore do not rule the World nor seek to do so, as we are only a small nation, subjected to bigger powers whims & fancies. As long as there is Rule of Law & a level playing ground for all, we can support such, & abide by the rules, & with knowledge, we-Singaporeans, future generations & all Humankind, will fulfill our destiny - to the stars where far more resources lay in than to squabble over trinkets on a dying planet Earth.

To the lady from another site & others here on SBF, never GIVE UP. The past is gone. One's life savings may be gone but as long as one is still alive & breathing, we are still capable of dreams, aspirations & proven past hard work to be successful, with hope for the future for ourselves & loved ones. The financial loss may be due to bad judgement, scams, market manipulation, etc, whom sought to rise by stepping on skeletons. The loss is gone & over, but it did NOT kill us. That which did not kill us will only make us stronger & wiser.

The World would not seemed fair, but Divine retribution is REAL. Just keep calm, let go of the past & move on. There is a bigger picture involved for the furtherance of Humankind's evolution, but most Humans need not be concern too much. It is food on the table for oneself & loved ones that is of far more concern, & it lays within our abilities to do so.

The best protest to scammers & manipulators is:-

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies really useless fuckers. Rather not work and pretend to 'pursue further studies'. Please la
Maybe the bugger businessman earning quite a bit before covid. Or oil snd gas before it self destructed in 2016. No way will he go earning a income from another person. Its just not in his blood. He will be trying to get snother contract or something.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rather than to lay at home & wallow in self pity, perhaps the cheapest & fastest way to get one's mind off problems is to go for a jog, & it helps build up mental discipline & focus of mind on completing a course.

While jogging/running, the legs will feel tired, but it is the mind that controls the body & legs & not the other way around. Do not quit, let the mind naturally control the legs & complete the course.

Once completed, one will then feel a sense of achievement & mental control, a mental discipline that will prevent a future of lethargy & the 'thousand yard stare' syndrome, of the past controlling the mind, not allowing a mental focus upon the necessary future. If one can complete a course & not quit, it proves one can do anything. It's about mental discipline, to survive...

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
don’t know what i should do. I seems to have lost myself and don’t have the passion to do anything. Other than working and going home, i don’t even feel like stepping out of the house. Since i am clearing my leave recently, i have been staying home for the past one week, doing nothing and just watching drama brainlessly, sleeping at 4am and waking up after 11am. I didn’t even feel like step out of the house or talk to anyone. I have a list of things that i wanted to do but i just don’t feel like it.
What's wrong with not feel like stepping out of the house and watch drama ? KNN other than going orfid to be a tpg my uncle also just watch drama monitor sg pool odds and surf sbf. Means she onlee less surfing sbf . Just come sbf to fill up the missing gap KNN go outside so crowded what for torture ourself ?