• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

County officials sacked after gypsum mine collapse

BallBreaker

Alfrescian
Loyal

County officials sacked after gypsum mine collapse

CRI, December 30, 2015

Four county officials have been sacked in the wake of a gypsum mine collapse in Shandong province on Friday.

7427ea210acc17ed617503.jpg

Rescuers try to contact the trapped people at a collapsed mine in Pingyi County, east China's Shandong Province, Dec. 28, 2015. Photo: Xinhua]

The collapse has left at least 1 miner dead, and 17 others still trapped underground.

The four officials include the party chief of Pingyi County, as well as the county head and his two deputies.

The gypsum mine collapsed with 29 people underground on Friday.

Four managed to escape, and another seven were later pulled to safety.

Rescuers have managed to drill several holes to try to make contact with the trapped miners.

However, crews say they've been unable to detect any signs of life at this point.

"As part of the process, we're trying to send signals to the trapped miners by shouting and knocking. We've also been knocking on the pipe regularly and inconsistently to try to get a response."

Crews have sent in food and other provisions through the emergency shaft.

The cause of the collapse remains unclear at this point.

Meanwhile, local authorities have confirmed the owner of the mine committed suicide early Sunday morning.

BallBreaker

Alfrescian
Loyal

8 trapped miners still alive 5 days after mine collapse

Xinhua, December 30, 2015

Rescuers have found eight survivors five days after a mine collapse in east China's Shandong Province, rescuers confirmed on Wednesday.

The gypsum mine accident happened at 8 pm Friday in Pingyi County when 29 people were working underground.

One is confirmed dead, four managed to escape, and another seven have been rescued so far.

The owner of the mine drowned himself by jumping into water when working with the rescue team early Sunday morning.

The cause of the accident is under investigation.