• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect the.1000psf condo is struggling, especially those by mainstream developers and so so location. Marina bay suites startedoff by pricing at 1100psf after discount, then told me the boss( served by agent) managed to negotiate the price with the developer to 9xx psf,.now i saw online listings selling at 800psf

Thanks for infor. Looks like market is finding its equilibrium price range.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told by Leisure farm sales staff during my recent visit that things had turn very quiet recently even on weekends.

The buying frenzy has started to cool off with the global uncertainties, potential new local policies to cool housing prices, increased jams at customs, endless supply esp condos and the super high prices that gotten too much ahead of itself.

Btw, I think it's good in a way.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for infor. Looks like market is finding its equilibrium price range.

Was told by Leisure farm sales staff during my recent visit that things had turn very quiet recently even on weekends.

The buying frenzy has started to cool off with the global uncertainties, potential new local policies to cool housing prices, increased jams at customs, endless supply esp condos and the super high prices that gotten too much ahead of itself.

Btw, I think it's good in a way.

Yes i think so, if things are really cooling down, I feel more at ease. Nowadays there is much bad news that whacking the stock market too - Syria war, QE tapering, low India/China/Japan growth etc - I guess the potential investors are gettign wary/cautious too especially in Malaysia where mortgage interest is high and risk of getting a lemon is high. I heard HH The Valley is also seeing slow sales

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes i think so, if things are really cooling down, I feel more at ease. Nowadays there is much bad news that whacking the stock market too - Syria war, QE tapering, low India/China/Japan growth etc - I guess the potential investors are gettign wary/cautious too especially in Malaysia where mortgage interest is high and risk of getting a lemon is high. I heard HH The Valley is also seeing slow sales

Yes, only the food, shopping and car petrol bizs in JB are still doing very well now.

If properties prices continue to climb upwards, expect to see even more resentments and backlash from the ordinary locals who have not benefitted and perhaps even bigger increase in crime rate. So it's good for prices to put on hold until their overall wages/income catches up. Remember, unhappiness in MY is very different from Sg. In Sg, if not happy, we can only complain and that's it, but in MY, anything goes!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
The TOP for CG could be as late as 2018 or 2019. An agent told me given the past JB condo experiences, there could even be delays? Nobody knows. Anyway, to me, 5-6 years is just too long a time to wait whether for rental (which will be a problem given the high cost) or own stay. Property cycle and market appetite could change. Money is just sitting idling.

Things always look nice cos they make it like carnival with all the hype. All these cost money. I wonder how they earn back.

I was tempted to get a unit in CG. But after I see how the units have been transacting in the past one month, I am put off. I don't think the statistics are entirely accurate on how many units were bought or what the nationalities are. There are far too many people holding on to the units as non-buyers and make a quick buck by selling them a lot higher via "under table" money. If you think about it, the ones who benefit are the plain Joes who can't afford the homes themselves but are capitalizing on the opportunity, agents who are helping them, and of course, the developer themselves when they up the prices of unsold units. Genuine buyers are left scrambling to search usually in vain, or when they finally find what they want, it depends on whether they are willing to part huge sums of money to make someone else richer quickly.

The whole transaction process makes the development feel "cheap" and not properly conducted. It has the "mass market" feel rather than a unique class of its own. Who knows how the building /quality will turn out in the end? I've been cautioned a few times the condo quality in Malaysia isn't like the ones in Singapore. If there are problems in future, I'm not sure if the developer will be prompt to attend to them. Just too many units! Even in Singapore, showroom condo units always look so nice. But the actual ones could come with problems here and there. In CG's case, given that they gotta deal with almost 10,000 units within 5-6 years, I'm not so sure....

No offence, just my personal opinion. :smile:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, only the food, shopping and car petrol bizs in JB are still doing very well now.

If properties prices continue to climb upwards, expect to see even more resentments and backlash from the ordinary locals who have not benefitted and perhaps even bigger increase in crime rate. So it's good for prices to put on hold until their overall wages/income catches up. Remember, unhappiness in MY is very different from Sg. In Sg, if not happy, we can only complain and that's it, but in MY, anything goes!

Will take donkey years for wages to catches up one , just like Singapore . If factor in inflation , real wage actually drop. If RM stay at current level of 2.5 to 2.6 expect big inflation next year !

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Recent spate of post election events especially brought focus on the quality of the Malaysian political leadership and direction. To me it is already a wonder Malaysian economy is still spluttering along and not run to the ground with so many idiots running the country(within the last hundred days at least the country was on auto pilot) and the still anaemic global economic environment. The price trend for Iskandar property market looks normal so far with the initial surge of interest and demand from both within and without, imperfect market information, now with supply increasing(but not necessarily quality) and more informed buyers, much less attention from ajibkor, it is only natural for some tapering down. It would be interesting to see where the next inflection or turning point is.

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will take donkey years for wages to catches up one , just like Singapore . If factor in inflation , real wage actually drop. If RM stay at current level of 2.5 to 2.6 expect big inflation next year !

Yes, everybody is looking for cheap labour. But I think the MY govt is more willing to help the locals with more subsidies and job priorities unlike Sg. And MY is also much more self sufficient compared to Sg. If one is not going for luxuries, inflation will not hit them much unlike us where we need to import everything. If they import from emerging countries whose currencies are also being hit like Indonesia, then inflation should not be any problem.

For people like me buying a home there for own stay, I will very much prefer price stability rather than big capital appreciation unlike flippers. Safety first mah! When cost of living is low, everybody is relac and friendly. When things are ex, everyone stress out and turn ugly.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recent spate of post election events especially brought focus on the quality of the Malaysian political leadership and direction. To me it is already a wonder Malaysian economy is still spluttering along and not run to the ground with so many idiots running the country.

Many countries are run by idiots now.

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
The TOP for CG could be as late as 2018 or 2019. An agent told me given the past JB condo experiences, there could even be delays? Nobody knows. Anyway, to me, 5-6 years is just too long a time to wait whether for rental (which will be a problem given the high cost) or own stay. Property cycle and market appetite could change. Money is just sitting idling.

Things always look nice cos they make it like carnival with all the hype. All these cost money. I wonder how they earn back.

I was tempted to get a unit in CG. But after I see how the units have been transacting in the past one month, I am put off. I don't think the statistics are entirely accurate on how many units were bought or what the nationalities are. There are far too many people holding on to the units as non-buyers and make a quick buck by selling them a lot higher via "under table" money. If you think about it, the ones who benefit are the plain Joes who can't afford the homes themselves but are capitalizing on the opportunity, agents who are helping them, and of course, the developer themselves when they up the prices of unsold units. Genuine buyers are left scrambling to search usually in vain, or when they finally find what they want, it depends on whether they are willing to part huge sums of money to make someone else richer quickly.

The whole transaction process makes the development feel "cheap" and not properly conducted. It has the "mass market" feel rather than a unique class of its own. Who knows how the building /quality will turn out in the end? I've been cautioned a few times the condo quality in Malaysia isn't like the ones in Singapore. If there are problems in future, I'm not sure if the developer will be prompt to attend to them. Just too many units! Even in Singapore, showroom condo units always look so nice. But the actual ones could come with problems here and there. In CG's case, given that they gotta deal with almost 10,000 units within 5-6 years, I'm not so sure....

No offence, just my personal opinion. :smile:

Agree to ur points, infact after going through all news and articles on CG, finally have decided to let go off full sea facing unit in Stack #12 high floor.

Last edited:

skyriver

Agree to ur points, infact after going through all news and articles on CG, finally have decided to let go off full sea facing unit in Stack #12 high floor.

If sign SPA already with 10k deposit , What are the penalties if decided to reject .?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is a little calculation I have done, which might make u regret a little about ur decision, which I'm not revealing to u.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

And also e recent shooting n other murder incidents dampen e mood. Main killer shd be e jam.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wooaa, that is one of the most sought after units. Don't mind me asking....You let it go to make a quick buck also or was a genuine buyer but decided to change your mind because of the bad reviews?

So many people are letting go of their units now. Now dunno who are the real buyers, who are just holding on temporarily. So really not sure how popular it is, like what the media reported. Scary...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Country garden, please bring in the ktv girls whether you sell out or not. Amen.
A big sweeping operation started yesterday to clear all the illegal workers and visitors involving about 150,000 personnel from 6 government department.
So very little hope of getting ktv gals...after this. :smile:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wooaa, that is one of the most sought after units. Don't mind me asking....You let it go to make a quick buck also or was a genuine buyer but decided to change your mind because of the bad reviews?

So many people are letting go of their units now. Now dunno who are the real buyers, who are just holding on temporarily. So really not sure how popular it is, like what the media reported. Scary...

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal

genuine buyer. but reviews for this project were not encouraging and do not have so much money to take a risk :(