• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Could it be Partly due to LTA's Fault ?

LoveSingFade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember last month horrified Traffic Accident that A taxi crashed and got stuck along the walkway in front of a pub at Geylang and killed a Vietnamese woman ?

Not long ago another accident happen again near there, I suspect the junction of Geylang Road / Guillemard Rd / Paya Lebar Rd become an accident zone after LTA installed another pedestrian crossing traffic light at Geylang Rd near Lor 39.

My opinion is, this pedestrian crossing traffic light is installed too near to the main Traffic Light at the major junction. A driver travelling along Geyland Rd (say from City Plaza towards Lor 39) may mistakenly see this one as the main junction traffic light, if both are green or both are red then no problem.

The real danger is, when the main junction is Red light and happen that the pedestrian use traffic light is green, driver approaching this direction may mistakenly thought the green light is at the main junction one, thus, accident happen.

Can any LTA Traffic Light engineer or the design team please explain? I wish you can prove me wrong!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take away all the parking lot in Geylang Rd on the left hand side(rd side). Is very dangerous for car park at the rd side. Cannot see the pedestrain when they crossing. Also slow down the traffic because car waiting for parking, try to park and out.
When the parking take away they Rd will be wider and clear of all blocking view. Vehicle will move faster and less pedestrain will dare to jay walking. Have to use the pedestrain crossing/averhead crossing bridge.
Make it same as orchard rd no parking at road side. LTA dont have the ideas of design the rd and make changes/review every 2~3 year according to the traffic.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remember last month horrified Traffic Accident that A taxi crashed and got stuck along the walkway in front of a pub at Geylang and killed a Vietnamese woman ?

Not long ago another accident happen again near there, I suspect the junction of Geylang Road / Guillemard Rd / Paya Lebar Rd become an accident zone after LTA installed another pedestrian crossing traffic light at Geylang Rd near Lor 39.

My opinion is, this pedestrian crossing traffic light is installed too near to the main Traffic Light at the major junction. A driver travelling along Geyland Rd (say from City Plaza towards Lor 39) may mistakenly see this one as the main junction traffic light, if both are green or both are red then no problem.

The real danger is, when the main junction is Red light and happen that the pedestrian use traffic light is green, driver approaching this direction may mistakenly thought the green light is at the main junction one, thus, accident happen.

Can any LTA Traffic Light engineer or the design team please explain? I wish you can prove me wrong!

Don't count on PAP to admit their mistake. They will end up telling you that after much investigations, the accident was eventually found to be caused by INTENSE SPEED. sound familiar now?.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tink dose drivers b-z ogling @ vietcong mei-mei there la ...

lta shud lower ze speed limit 2 30 along whole stretch of geylang rd so dat drivers slow down n oso can ogle @ mei-mei while driving ... drivers safe, pedestrians safe ...