• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

copying/saving tel #s from SIM card

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
does anyone know if there is a way of downloading all the tel numbers that are cuurently on my SIM card, so that i can save it as a simple txt file?

i can copy them by hand, but is there an easier way?

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does anyone know if there is a way of downloading all the tel numbers that are cuurently on my SIN card, so that i can save it as a simple txt file?

What phone you using? ! Most phones even the older ones have this function

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the girl at Hello shop copied from my old sim to the new mini sim when I bought S3 but still many names were missing

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
an old nokia. i think the nokia way is can download using their software which i rather not have on my computer..

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the girl at Hello shop copied from my old sim to the new mini sim when I bought S3 but still many names were missing

i want to copy and save as a txt file so that i can print it out if needed. i plan to give up my mobile soon as soon as i settle my personal affairs

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
an old nokia. i think the nokia way is can download using their software which i rather not have on my computer..

Wendy, for your info; if your model is too old to be supported by Nokia's proprietry software, then you have no choice but to copy them down manually..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
does anyone know if there is a way of downloading all the tel numbers that are cuurently on my SIM card, so that i can save it as a simple txt file?

If you are using Nokia it is in .vcf I think..and each different Nokia Simbian OS version...you copy one of say ver 3.0 & load in 6.0...it cant read...that is how I discovered, I religiously backup my contacts etc to my micro SD card in my E71...I put that SD in a later Nokia phone..I can't read the .vcf files

Fortunately I have backup...I write down all my contacts in a paper notebook...my iphone contact backup have another backup & another backup on paper... hope this help...ha ha ha ha