• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Conflating the issue - CPF vs Roy's error

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
You people kena conned by CPF also dunno. Fix interest rates paying less than inflation rates annually. Don't pay dividends and most importantly compounded interests which will made all of you to become millionaires.
You still dun feel tioh pian?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never gone wrong with property. I made money in Singapore. I moved to Perth and made money there too. I then moved to Sydney and that was an even bigger windfall.

I then moved to Auckland and all my property investments have doubled in value since 2007. I have not sold anything yet but the yields are good.

Just buy the worst property in the best neighborhood. You won't go wrong. The market will have its ups and downs but as long as you're not overgeared, all you have to do is wait till the market reaches the point where you feel like taking profit.

Don't over analyse and don't be greedy. It doesn't matter if you sell too early. Nothing beats money in the bank.

Detroit has lots of cheap properties for sale ...even from $1.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's a death trap place. same like go JB.. mugging shooting n car jacking.

Sam Leong boasts about the successes of his property investment and asks that people should go buy out distressed properties. So, I am wondering when is he going to pour in millions to buy properties in Detroit where it is soooooooooooo cheap.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless you are in the 30s or 40s, you can wait then no problem, else practise like the rest and treat it as a ponzi scheme, first in and not the last out or you end up being a low hi, sell low buy high.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam Leong boasts about the successes of his property investment and asks that people should go buy out distressed properties. So, I am wondering when is he going to pour in millions to buy properties in Detroit where it is soooooooooooo cheap.

There is tons of cheap property in Auckland too. It's in areas of South Auckland which I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

When I arrived in Auckland the first thing I asked the housing agent was to take me to them most expensive area overlooking the harbor. I bought the cheapest house with a good view for $495,000. It has now doubled in value.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is tons of cheap property in Auckland too. It's in areas of South Auckland which I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

When I arrived in Auckland the first thing I asked the housing agent was to take me to them most expensive area overlooking the harbor. I bought the cheapest house with a good view for $495,000. It has now doubled in value.

You should cash out before the bust.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You may not live long enough to enjoy the next boom ...unless you have signed up for the LKY longevity project.

If I'm dead it doesn't matter anymore does it. I'm not going to starve just because I missed a boom cycle. It's the house I live in and my intention is to die in it anyway.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm dead it doesn't matter anymore does it. I'm not going to starve just because I missed a boom cycle. It's the house I live in and my intention is to die in it anyway.

Too darn right, BossSam. Property is Best. Just hold hold hold for the Long Term. Sure make out Big Time.

It is what my few rich friends have been doing all along.